Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Canis

The new ocean got me thinking...

Canis    10,052

So, you know when you reach the edge of the map, the ocean basically falls into... another ocean?

It got me thinking, and about an hour later, I came up with this.

image.thumb.png.7ea4c7e776ac0a6ebfc6e9ba3ed21e24.png

Thoughts?

Auth    9,640

Oh. This. I like this. I thought something similar, but this is way more than I thought of! This would be a really cool way to explain the DLCs that as of recently been deemed completely non-canon, and possibly change that/work it in somehow!

Canis    10,052
Just now, minespatch said:

Does that mean a future DLC could be above Hamlet?:wilson_ecstatic:

Heaven.

reverentsatyr    2,645

yay, lore!

Assuming that your theory is right, the pigs get more and more uncivilized with each descending step. Hamlet has civilized pigs with a fancy queen, RoG has uncivilized pigs with a king, and Shipwrecked has Wildbores with no royalty.

QrChuck    191

If that's correct, we should see bottom of the waterfall coming from Hamlet on at least one edge of the Constant ingame

mathem99    1,590
9 hours ago, Canis said:

So, you know when you reach the edge of the map, the ocean basically falls into... another ocean?

It got me thinking, and about an hour later, I came up with this.

image.thumb.png.7ea4c7e776ac0a6ebfc6e9ba3ed21e24.png

Thoughts?

I'm loving this theory, but I do have a question.

In Shipwrecked you are able to go through the bounds of the map (which takes the form of a fog) and traverse through it teleporting you to the other side of the map, if your theory is right doesn't that mean we are sailing through a waterfall? Why don't wet get wet from it?

-Variant    5,261
4 hours ago, mathem99 said:

In Shipwrecked you are able to go through the bounds of the map (which takes the form of a fog) and traverse through it teleporting you to the other side of the map, if your theory is right doesn't that mean we are sailing through a waterfall? Why don't wet get wet from it?

Not theory creator, but the way I see it is that it's simply massive. 
Like, a bloody massive waterfall that's so big it's "mist" pushes the player all the way back around.

Why you don't get wet is weird because you're sailing through fog anyways... I dunno, just came to mind.

The 2C3D    582

I’d love to see a waterfall falling down onto the top half of the DS world, instead of it just dropping off abruptly and almost unnoticeably.