Introducing, Klei Rewards

6 hours ago, L. Ringmaster said:

Suggestion: Please add renewable ways to get points, even if they are time locked. Right now I'm feeling on the fence regarding whether or not I should get the sign and the tent, simply because I don't know how easy it will be to get more points in the future.

Bottomless pit should stay sacred. I say that with full bias as someone who's been here from the start and has it.

I think that every missed skins should be available by this way (bottomless pit, valentine's hearts, letterman jacket, smart sweater, passed chines new year skin... except maybe for seasonal skins, like halloween or Christmas ones, which are obtainable each year) since points are not so easy to win and rarity is considered (some rare skins should cost more points). I don't see the interest of exclusives items that only a few people can use.

And i don't think it would spoil the owner of those items because if they're  won't be the only ones to own them anymore, they won't have to spend some points to got them, so they're be able to spend their points in other stuff (so they still have an avantage over other players). But this way, everybody will be able to make use of all the skins.  

Just like for forge or twitch skins which turn buyable or obtainable.  

And everybody will be happy in this world...

• Like 14

I'm contemplating if I should wait to spend my points until the spool reward becomes available, but I also don't want to waste my points by waiting until the promotion expires. Can you give us some insight as to when the spool reward will become available or when the promotion might end?

All help is appreciated, thanks!

Interesting, this is exactly what borderlands does.

I'm only missing the Cherub Heart because my computer was broken during the time of the event. It might be cool if some old missable loyalties were redeemable with points.

5 hours ago, Pies said:

For people like myself who have all the Twitch drops this is really a bummer.

Not missing out on Twitch drops means you will have essentially free skins that others would have to spend valuable, limited points to have. They're going to add new loyalties with this new system.

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

What the flippity floppity is wrong with the beginning of your nickname there? the 0F0 01S thingie

That's my steam account. It has a skull for DST.

4 hours ago, TheAscension said:

3400 points maximum in this moment?

Yeah, google's not behaving right now so Klei is looking into that(I assume).

17 hours ago, JoeW said:

There were a decent amount of people that didn't want to participate on Twitch.

As someone who didn't want to participate in the Twitch drops, I want to participate in all these other social media platforms even less. I would have thought just adding them into the normal drop table would be simpler and a heck of a lot easier to do then this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

As someone who didn't want to participate in the Twitch drops, I want to participate in all these other social media platforms even less. I would have thought just adding them into the normal drop table would be simpler and a heck of a lot easier to do then this.

Agreed. This is an artificial way to increase engagement with the playerbase and numbers on their media platform. From anecdotes from when the twitch drops were introduced, people would just leave the stream running in the background until they got their drop. This isn't going to produce any real engagement.

I just wish Klei wasn't essentially holding cosmetic content behind a *boost our numbers* condition. At the very least they haven't done this with actually important content, like characters.

Wait.

Wortox costs some spools, right? I'm just foreshadowing what's to come.

Edited by Sketched_Philo
typo and also future speculation
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mantaren said:

It seems that I am still not able to get the YouTube points, even though others have stated they got their YouTube share. Anyone knows why is that?

screenshot-accounts-klei-com-2019-08-09-

There was an issue with the login that we need to get resolved through google and we'll bring it back.  

• Thanks 2