Introducing, Klei Rewards

while i already own them all, i will do them anyways! Facebook and twitter done, will do the others if something pops up that i dont' have yet 

5 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

Also maybe add Bottomless Pit for idk 10k? It'd naturally be expensive, but so worth the grind.

as a owner of bottomless pit, i wouldn't mind, as long as it was a different rarity :p to differentiate it 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I'll admit I'm a bit blind when it comes to these posts, plus I haven't read all the messages here so you've been warned.

Are the hats coming too? I noticed there's only a few skins up right now, I know it was stated there'd be more in the future, are the hats apart of that "more"?

Curious.

7 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

Yikes. I've never even touched Instagram since the day it was created. Seems like I gotta make an Instagram account now. The things I do for Klei.

But I can get the signs now YEE HAWWW my life is complete!!!!

Also it'd be really cool if there was an 'achievement' thing where by completing certain ingame tasks you'd be given certain amount of points. Like, say, kill 1000 spiders for 250 points, or kill dfly for 500.

Idk how this would be implemented. Maybe have some sort of 'list' like in Skyrim that'd be translated into your Klei account, and then you can just go in and claim the rewards?

I personally think that'd make the game very fun, as you know the addicting feeling of being rewarded.

Also maybe add Bottomless Pit for idk 10k? It'd naturally be expensive, but so worth the grind.

If the Accomploshrine is any indicator I doubt achievements are inbound.

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

Feel free to suggest ideas here too!

Suggestion: Please add renewable ways to get points, even if they are time locked. Right now I'm feeling on the fence regarding whether or not I should get the sign and the tent, simply because I don't know how easy it will be to get more points in the future.

2 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

Bottomless pit should stay sacred. I say that with full bias as someone who's been here from the start and has it.

• Like 1

I have a suggestion that may or may not spark a bit of controversy.

How about for every 100 forum rep you get, you gain 500 (give or take) points?

edit: minespatch your laughing react is giving me anxiety

Edited by Canis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, L. Ringmaster said:

Suggestion: Please add renewable ways to get points, even if they are time locked. Right now I'm feeling on the fence regarding whether or not I should get the sign and the tent, simply because I don't know how easy it will be to get more points in the future.

Bottomless pit should stay sacred. I say that with full bias as someone who's been here from the start and has it.

I would say if you want it, get it. We will add more ways to get points and even things you may be able to do more that once. This is just the very first version of it, we're really happy with how it turned out and we're thrilled you all like it. I would say it's pretty certain we'll have some more cool stuff pretty soon. 

1 hour ago, Canis said:

Or what if, you get a certain amount of points to give others every month and you could award really cool posters with points? Obviously this kind of thing takes a lot of thought so it isn't abused or doesn't cause issues. The rep thing is already kind of an issue for some people, so it needs some thought. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Canis said:

edit: minespatch your laughing react is giving me anxiety

he was just giving you forum points for your points :p

also thanks klei but i have a problem, I have like every twitch skin and all the possible pointslolaoal.thumb.jpg.ee9cb169a5c67e614cade019ee752e36.jpg

• Haha 1

Well while I'm less than thrilled about the extra wait for console, I am happy that we have it coming (relatively) soon after PC.

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Or what if, you get a certain amount of points to give others every month and you could award really cool posters with points? Obviously this kind of thing takes a lot of thought so it isn't abused or doesn't cause issues. The rep thing is already kind of an issue for some people, so it needs some thought. 

I feel as if it would just bloat this part of the forums with artificial, pandering and over the top comments just for a small prize. I'm sure you and your colleagues realised this and if ever implemented I would hope you try to avoid this. 

Edited by Brago-sama
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Canis said:

That suggestion should be bound to topics like the Weekly Art Stream & be operated by the moderators, else players will start making afk topics etc. just to gain enough reputation.

• Thanks 2

For people like myself who have all the Twitch drops this is really a bummer.

I'm kind of dissapointed and a little peeved that I won't be able to use the system to get anything. Well untill they actually put in exclusives, the one-time spool deal or something else.

I really hope this becomes something more than a Twitch items catch-up system as the idea is solid. As to how to expand the system, and what other items or things to offer, regular items should definitely not be available as they'll just become a means of farming spools. One thing that I do however think would be a great addition is a discount for the skins (or bundles of skins) you can buy in the store.

Nothing left to do now but wait and see how this turns out I guess.

• Like 1