Introducing, Klei Rewards

Gonna be real here: I don't like this one bit.

Sure, it's nice that they've found a way to distribute the retired Twitch items, but really? Artificially inflating Klei's social media presence? If they add point-exclusive that'll be even more egregious; I do not want to be coerced into making social media accounts I have no interest maintaining just to boost Klei's numbers.

Honestly, a better "point" system would be to integrate some kind of... I dunno, Twitch Spools? Like, for every however-many hours of watching a drops-enabled stream you'll get a Twitch Spool, which could then be spent in an in-game store stocked with every retired(not live) Twitch item. Icons for 1 or five spools, portraits for 3 or 10 spools, and 5 to 15 spools for the items themselves - depending on Twitch Spool drop rate?

Edited by TrashLord
misplaced comma
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Oh neat. I'm caught up on rewards but I might as well still.

EDIT: The youtube one doesn't seem to wanna work for me though.
EDIT2: Unsubbing and resubbing worked. Strange.

it appears to me in the google one image.thumb.png.fe69667c6481d71f9b2e6fedf9e1969e.png

means that googla has not verified the ''app'' 

• Like 1

I really like this! I missed a few items I want, so I appreciate being able to earn them all without buying them. I've run into an issue though, upon trying to link my Google account to the Klei Points system, it says "This App Has Not Been verified by Google Yet". Anyone else have this issue?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paddlefruit said:

I really like this! I missed a few items I want, so I appreciate being able to earn them all without buying them. I've run into an issue though, upon trying to link my Google account to the Klei Points system, it says "This App Has Not Been verified by Google Yet". Anyone else have this issue?

You just gotta click "Advanced" on that screen to allow it anyway.

This is a really nice idea ! I really look forward into it :D.

@JoeW i would have a special request, that probably alot of console player would approve, but could it be possible to get the skin from the klei store with that reward program ? Maybe make them super pricy pts wise, but since we cant redeem codes on console that would be the perfect opportunity for us to get those skins. Its just a thought though but if it could be looked into it would be really appreciated

Thx in advance and keep up the good work guys, you are all awesome !

Edited by Warlockadamm

6 hours ago, TrashLord said:

Gonna be real here: I don't like this one bit.

Sure, it's nice that they've found a way to distribute the retired Twitch items, but really? Artificially inflating Klei's social media presence? If they add point-exclusive that'll be even more egregious; I do not want to be coerced into making social media accounts I have no interest maintaining just to boost Klei's numbers.

Honestly, a better "point" system would be to integrate some kind of... I dunno, Twitch Spools? Like, for every however-many hours of watching a drops-enabled stream you'll get a Twitch Spool, which could then be spent in an in-game store stocked with every retired(not live) Twitch item. Icons for 1 or five spools, portraits for 3 or 10 spools, and 5 to 15 spools for the items themselves - depending on Twitch Spool drop rate?

There were a decent amount of people that didn't want to participate on Twitch. This was partly a response to that. 
Additionally, our goal is not to inflate numbers. I mean, the affect inflates the numbers, of course; but the goal is to allow people to know and be aware that there are these methods out there for them to become more aware of news and community content. 

I don't know if you are signed up for our mailing list at all, but we never ever send out mail to our lists unless we have something significant to say. We want people to be happy when they get news from our mailinglist and hopefully inform them of new content if they haven't been playing. 

But I get it, we have sat on this idea for quite a while because of concerns like yours but eventually we decided to go ahead and give it a shot and see what people think. 

Oh, and your spool idea. One of the things we would like to do is something similar to what you are suggesting, so we can reward people (with points) for more things beyond just the 6 hours each campaign. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9
  • Sad 1

Not exactly a major issue, but there is an error with the dates displayed.
image.png.e75378507b6df88c59be447e49712330.png Neither I nor Twitch was a thing in the year of our lord 1970.

I would also like to second what Auth said about having separate Instagram and Facebook accounts, if possible. Thank you!

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

In the future we will update the rewards program with new ways to earn more points and pick up cool rewards they may have missed, or even possibly entirely new stuff. Let us know what you think!

Hey, I'm curious, what other ways would there be to earn points? Based on the current ways, I'm scratching my head as to how there'd be more ways. Can you tell us (or maybe just me) what you have planned for the system?

• Haha 2