Introducing, Klei Rewards

Someone in Unorthodogg's stream linked me to y'all's rewards page and I never knew it was there! I somehow managed to not get the actual Metamorphosed Flame skin itself and I couldn't find anyone selling it (then saw it wasn't marketable...). In addition to that, I only first started the game during last year's Hallowed Nights event and missed everything prior to that so I'm SUPER excited that I'm gonna be able to get stuff I missed out on. I want cool skins without having to pay someone's outright ridiculous Community Market overcharging ($88 for a Rooslet? Come on, people shouldn't be able to do that)!

Following all these sites also gives me a great way to keep up with y'all's updates more easily and reliably. And Since I Iove this game so much I wanna support y'all too.

One suggestion I really wish was implemented, going off the Community Market overcharging, was the ability to buy all currently released character/skin themes/sets from the shop at normal prices (including Guest of Honor and Survival sets). Or at least make all skin items for everything weaveable with a lot of spools. As it stands, I had to pay $30+ just to get Wendy's Guest of Honor face skin because I wanted it so bad (I am not sane, no). I couldn't afford her Party Frock, too. :(

I'd be JUMPING for joy if I could get everything I missed just because I didn't know about the game until much later.

Thank you so so much for this!! I was missing the Snowball Juggler and portrait! I actually stumbled upon this rewards stuff while resetting up my twitch for the new drops. I'm glad I found it! The Radiant Star Caller's Staff and Prismatic Moon Caller's Staff are gorgeous! Thanks for always doing stuff for the games! :wilson_love:

It has been over a month since this new reward system was announced and we have no updates regarding additions to the reward list or to the ways of point acquisition. Which leads me to my first question, are we ever getting more reward skins added to our options? It's not like these rewards are new content that needs to be created from scratch anyway. 

Secondly, why reveal the big pile of Spool without any details on it since day 1 of announcing the rewards system? Players cannot decide whether to save up points for it or not without the essential details about it:

1. When is it going to be available? Without this information, it could be anytime between tomorrow and a year later.
  2. How many points is it going to cost? Players could be pointlessly saving their points to either a) find out that it's going to cost too much, rendering it impossible without new ways of acquiring points, or b) find out it costed way less than expected which made saving up a waste of the chance to grab the previous missed drops.
  3. How many spools is the reward going to be? Will getting this reward grant us enough spools to craft anything weavable or will it not be that many Spools compared to unraveling regular gifts?

Thirdly, will the rewards rotate or will they be up for grabs even after there are more previous skins added to the list?

Thank you for your time and attention.

Edited by Mantaren
Added a third question.
  • Thanks 4

On 9/14/2019 at 11:13 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Wendy’s Beekeeper hat plz?? 

I don't think that one's ever coming since it's a Funko Pop skin, it'd be sort of unfair to those who bought the figures, unless those Funko pops are no longer sold.

On 9/14/2019 at 11:13 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Winterfeast 2018 Lantern skin?

That, and other expired skins like Cherub's Heart, Stabbed Heart are probably candidates for this rewards system but there's also the chance that Lantern may return this Winterfeast.

• Thanks 3

The problem with the Funko Pop skins is that they only worked with the PC Version of the game, for reasons I still am unaware of they did not allow them to work for consoles. 

And as I’ve mentioned before I’m on the Xbox One- Console events were unannounced and short lived- so we missed out on a lot of stuff I wish I had.

console players also Did not receive the free loyalty skins for having purchased DS, DS: Shipwrecked.. Prior to the release of DST :(

Edited by Mike23Ua

• Developer
10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The problem with the Funko Pop skins is that they only worked with the PC Version of the game, for reasons I still am unaware of they did not allow them to work for consoles. 

We allowed code redemption on PS4 briefly, but it turned out to be against Sony's rules and they demanded it be removed. 

• Thanks 4

33 minutes ago, dylan1241 said:

Don’t see that being fair to the people who completed it

How is that not fair to people who completed it? These items would only be redeemable for Console players, as PC still has the fun little puzzles they can do to unlock the items.

Im still highly disappointed that Console players didn’t get the Loyality skins for having purchased DS & DS: Shipwrecked prior to DST’s launch.

Funko Pop skin codes were also disapproved for PS4 so Console players still need a way of obtaining those! 

But giving console players a way to earn these items should not in any way effect the PC versions of the game, you guys have mods and could therefore in theory make your own skins and even playable characters..

us console players as I type this still have a disappointing broken Woodie Rework without the ability to cross water as Were-Goose or use a Were-Form without entering instant Starvation mode.

• Like 1

• Developer
10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Im still highly disappointed that Console players didn’t get the Loyality skins for having purchased DS & DS: Shipwrecked prior to DST’s launch.

The reason we don't have that is that when I last looked, PS4 didn't give me the info I need to know if you own DS. If I find out that has changed I'll add it to the todo list.

• Thanks 4

There are some loyal qualities of skin that I don't want to own and can't be broken up and sold. I want to trade these skins for points, and trade points for my favorite skin. (I am bound to 6 accounts, each of which can earn 850 points, but my total points are only 4,250, why?)

13 hours ago, jaimdy said:

There are some loyal qualities of skin that I don't want to own and can't be broken up and sold. I want to trade these skins for points, and trade points for my favorite skin. (I am bound to 6 accounts, each of which can earn 850 points, but my total points are only 4,250, why?)

There's only 5, you don't get points from linking twitch.