Return of them - Turn of Tides is coming next week!

1 minute ago, Marco BR said:

I don't even know what to feel :wilsondisappointed:

Feel happy that we're telling you early like you asked? =)

Beyond that, we know it sucks to have to wait longer, we do everything we can to avoid it. But ultimately it's important that we make sure (to the best of our ability) that things are working right on console before it goes into cert so we don't have to do it multiple times. 

2 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Feel happy that we're telling you early like you asked? =)

Beyond that, we know it sucks to have to wait longer, we do everything we can to avoid it. But ultimately it's important that we make sure (to the best of our ability) that things are working right on console before it goes into cert so we don't have to do it multiple times. 

you're right, thank you for letting us know now, and for working hard for us :wilson_flower:

2 minutes ago, X-lem said:

Awesome! Looking forward to this going live!I feel bad for the console players. Maybe give them some free spoil or gifts to make up for it? They often have to wait a lot longer for things.

They deserve the twitch stuff. It's not Klei's fault that console companies hoard over the go-to for updates.

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

They deserve the twitch stuff. It's not Klei's fault that console companies hoard over the go-to for updates.

They can't get the Twitch stuff? Dang, that sucks. Ya I would say giving them that stuff for free would be a good idea. Then again I think the points system is supposed to solve that problem.

16 minutes ago, X-lem said:

They can't get the Twitch stuff? Dang, that sucks. Ya I would say giving them that stuff for free would be a good idea. Then again I think the points system is supposed to solve that problem.

It could probably be fixed by having the rewards give us a item redeem code, like with the Klei Store stuff.

That way it's supported on all platforms, but I can still see a few issues coming up with that too...

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

The first version of this can be found on our accounts page here: https://accounts.klei.com/account/rewards

image.thumb.png.b56ea8bc6de4dc7490cb1db53b2401f1.png

I think something may be wrong. :wilson_curious:

2 hours ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

image.thumb.png.5b3f0cff860486bf6440b80b94d7e000.png

Is this the thing?

I think the "thing" he was referring to is the new reward system, as far I know console players weren't able to get the twitch skins before, now they will be able to, which is a nice thing in my opinion.  : )

Edit: I was wrong, this is not the "thing", JoeW clarified it in another post.

11 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

It could probably be fixed by having the rewards give us a item redeem code, like with the Klei Store stuff.

That way it's supported on all platforms, but I can still see a few issues coming up with that too...

image.thumb.png.b56ea8bc6de4dc7490cb1db53b2401f1.png

I think something may be wrong. :wilson_curious:

This error happens to me too, Some say it's server overload, but idk...

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

To my happiness, consoles can get twitch skins, so I don't know what you mean.

47 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

I think the "thing" he was referring to is the new reward system, as far I know console players weren't able to get the twitch skins before, now they will be able to, which is a nice thing in my opinion.  :)  

JoeW said in the post announcing the points system that it is not the "thing".

I know this may not be a priority, since it affects me for not having a good equipment to play the game but, are there any plans on introducing the optimization thingie that you guys coded into the single player DS? because it is incredibly useful (i previously wasn't able to run DS in my low end laptop like i used to, after the release of the DS Hamlet beta, without crashing due to memory issues). I really hope that you can do something similar for DST, since the app stops responding after almost every autosave, not sure if it's the same issue but i hope you could take a look and make the game more playable for us low end users, while we get our hands into some better machinery.  

2 hours ago, Marco BR said:

@JoeW Can you tell us if the existing worlds on the console will have new content, retrofitting?

I am not aware of any difference in experience for console. However, be aware that this is the type of thing that requires extra time to get working for console so I can't say at this time that there will be no difference for sure; because it's not far enough that I can make that promise. But, there shouldn't be any difference and we are not aware of anything that could be a problem. If anything the concern is more about maintaining performance. 

2 hours ago, Luis Lzn said:

I know this may not be a priority, since it affects me for not having a good equipment to play the game but, are there any plans on introducing the optimization thingie that you guys coded into the single player DS? because it is incredibly useful (i previously wasn't able to run DS in my low end laptop like i used to, after the release of the DS Hamlet beta, without crashing due to memory issues). I really hope that you can do something similar for DST, since the app stops responding after almost every autosave, not sure if it's the same issue but i hope you could take a look and make the game more playable for us low end users, while we get our hands into some better machinery.  

I am not aware of anything specifically related to DS optimization that would come to DST, if anything DS may have got some optimizations that DST already has that may have helped. But, I will talk to Jason and Hugo and see if there is anything there that could benefit DST. 

Archived