[Game Update] - 358457

image.thumb.png.06b72a61ce781dfa331e042220c7755b.png

image.thumb.png.1e313834177f1cc0bf0a5fb22d7c8e43.png

Cardboard ocean is also kinda back, I guess? This looks really strange imo. Either way, I'm glad the ocean doesn't just end anymore.

Also, while it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, this finally works on the beta!

image.png.d1094f64cd90201037566c2cd7dee142.png

Edited by Sunset Skye
better images
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I'd really like to see some billowing clouds of mist at the bottom of the waterfall. And maybe a little more leadup to it, since at certain angles it looks like this.

Capture.PNG.80f5841805d535a0782c49ca26b6fdb2.PNG

But hey, thanks for giving s something to look at other than the dark, all consuming void!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The basic question one should ask would be: what is the lore-wise reason end of map looks like this?

A piece of "Moon" felt (for whatever reason) in the old cardboard ocean aaaand... lifted all Constant on some watery cube? Because how said end-of-the-world looks should hint to whatever happened plus nature of Constant and "Moon" alike (and in a broader sense the nature of DS/T's universe). Otherwise just feels like... stuff randomly put together so it doesn't end abruptly. As people above pointed, maybe some fog-effect would do better justice to the lore perspective, and have after said fog, in distance, those new dark cardboard waves?! Like that we also keep some mystery going and it doesn't imply seemingly weird and/or patched-in-a-hurry lore amalgamations. My 2 cent comment :distrust:

Edited by x0VERSUS1y
  • Like 1

Well, i think it's a good > first step < for the final look of the edge, but I'd like to make a suggestion if it is possible that the world have a "round shape", not fully round but at least not a complete scare and edges that have a variation of water-void space, this should looks VERY nice to me, no need to apply this to the actually player map but at least for the world looks :)

problem with this; Either you make the waterfall transition into the color of the deep water, make the deep water lighter in color and still make the transition.
Also SFX + a light mist down there would be appreciated, but its a start and better than just an invisible edge

• Like 4

3 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

I'd really like to see some billowing clouds of mist at the bottom of the waterfall. And maybe a little more leadup to it, since at certain angles it looks like this.

They could try borrowing a bit of the Roc/BFB's leg animation clouds to give that impression?

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.153852d01e7310e9a7bb3c6a84708e55.png

So this happened.

It looks fine fully reeled up, but it's invisible when being pulled up or dropped down.

Is it meant to look like the old one when it's down or is it meant to look like this?

EDIT: Also Boat wrecks still don't appear, they spawn in the ocean but won't come from player made boats, is this intended? I made a report about it and it got a react so I'm not sure if the bug came back or what. 

Edited by -Variant
  • Haha 1