[Game Update] - 358267

8 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

Its 8/7 for me.  8 = month  7=day.   Maybe in Europe its  7/8/19  but this side of the world its  8/7/19 

always find it annoying when Europe sites always use  the reverse.

MM / DD / YY  is the standard.

America is the only place that puts the month before the day. Plus logically, the scale goes upwards from day to month to year.

Or are you going to argue that we should put the minutes then the hours then the seconds? :p

Edited by Xuhybrid
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Those features around colony stats doesn't make that much sense since the list (under colony summaries) is full of waste. It register every single colony you start, even if you don't even spend a single cycle on it.

95% of them in my list are waste : fake start to see a new asteroid, fake start to check something into a biome, fake start to build 3 buildings to check some values, antoher one to compile few stuff to screenshot an advice to another player, and so on. Even some cycles colony, just to test a setup over a rather long period, is a waste. We don't care about stats, it just exists to check setup balance, every dups has been deleted anyway.

We should get a way to clean this summary, to be able to only keep colonies we want.

Edited by OxCD
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OxCD said:

We should get a way to clean this summary, to be able to only keep colonies we want.

goto:

Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\RetiredColonies

and delete them. Would be nice if you could do it in game but until then.^

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Xuhybrid said:

America is the only place that puts the month before the day. Plus logically, the scale goes upwards from day to month to year.

I never understood this argument. Yes, logically you would follow a big-endian format instead of middle-endian, but not *all* aspects of life need to be dictated by logic. Middle-endian, at the top left of a page, is a formal announcement. It's all about style. Personally I think we should go back to Nones and Ides ~

And we aren't completely alone! Alongside we yanks, South Africans, Kenyans, Ghanaians, Filipinos, Malaysians, Somalians, Togolese, Panamanians, Cayman Islanders, Greenlanders (Kalaallits?), and as the fine folks at Klei demonstrated, Canadians, while all officially using the ISO format, also think that middle endian is perfectly fine

Edit: But on a serious note, if we are fixing achievements, red/green is still sub-optimal. It is counting automation ports on POIs as automation made by the colony. 

Edited by bmilohill
Edit: above

4 hours ago, bmilohill said:

I never understood this argument. Yes, logically you would follow a big-endian format instead of middle-endian, but not *all* aspects of life need to be dictated by logic. Middle-endian, at the top left of a page, is a formal announcement. It's all about style. Personally I think we should go back to Nones and Ides ~

And we aren't completely alone! Alongside we yanks, South Africans, Kenyans, Ghanaians, Filipinos, Malaysians, Somalians, Togolese, Panamanians, Cayman Islanders, Greenlanders (Kalaallits?), and as the fine folks at Klei demonstrated, Canadians, while all officially using the ISO format, also think that middle endian is perfectly fine

Edit: But on a serious note, if we are fixing achievements, red/green is still sub-optimal. It is counting automation ports on POIs as automation made by the colony. 

Form over function has its place, like in fashion or in what artwork is used to represent a building in ONI, but it absolutely does not in answering the simple question of "what day is today?" numerically, where function clearly trumps form.

• Like 1

Sorry to interrupt the all-important date discussion with a silly computer game, buuut has anyone found out if we can export/externally access the timelapses?

I'll be damned, just after posting I stumble upon them -.- If anyone's looking: It's user/documents/klei/oxygennotincluded/Retiredcolonies. There's a folder for every savegame containing the screenshots of every cycle :)

Edited by Earl_of_Earlier