Petroleum generator temperature

Petroleum generators output PO at a 40C and carbon dioxide at about 100-120C regardless of the input temperature (i tested it with petrol, but i assume with ethanol its the same behaviour).

Is it intended? I thought Klei got rid of all the fixed temperature outputs? Should it at least work like the Electrolyser?

Oh, that explains things.So, to avoid needless heat generation its best to keep generator at 40C, correct?

On the other hand, can you delete heat by just feeding hot fuel to the generator, or is it not worth it, since it heats the generator by same amount you delete?

Petroleum inside generator doesn't heat it up directly. Buildings with storage don't exchange heat with stored materials.

It is the middle tile, that generator stands on, which is exchanging heat with storage. Next the tile exchanges heat with surrounding gases and it can heat up generator. To minimize this make the tile insulated. To totally eliminate the problem make it insulated Insulation tile. Or just build the generator on airlock - buildings don't exchange heat with each other. Seems like this doesn't work anymore. Storage will exchange heat with airlock.

The petroleum generator does output at a fixed low temperature of 40c polluted water and about 100c CO2. Combustion is a thermogenic process, so you could easily justify the fixed output. Also, super cooled petroleum generators taking 200c petroleum and outputting -50c polluted ice was a bit silly.

You can still abuse this system by going the other way. I built a petroleum steam room that uses 2 aquatuners to heat an insulated room to about 140c.

Polluted water instantly becomes steam and dirt, which rises to streaming  engines above, which turns all the pesky heat In my base and all the heat created from the instant steam coming out of the petroleum generators into power.

"Combustion is a thermogenic process, so you could easily justify the fixed output."

The steam turbine acts as a bottoming cycle for the petro gen. Somewhat realistic, exact numbers are way off (namely 2000g of petro burning is around 90000kj IRL rather than a measly 1kj, and the steam turbine's is super-carnot efficient in terms of the fraction of heat deleted vs the ratio of temperatures). How much more power do we get with a superheated steel petro gen and steam turbines?

I guess asteroid petroleum has a much lower energy density :(.

You can get about 1kw of power from the ATs cooling polluted water and the steam created by the petroleum generators that run about 1/4 of the time. It's not a terrible solution when cooling your base is a must on Aridio.

Archived