The Ancient Civilization

23 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

yea we know that now and today gold has lots uses but not 5.000 year ago. in this time it was completely useless

if you think so its fine.

do you know what the symbol of the venus is? the rose. whats the symbol of charlie? charlie has 2 sides. one is extremely friednly and one is extremely bad. thats the 2 sides of the venus as morning star (lucifer the light bringer) good and as **** bad.

thats so obvious

you can continue saying its not but man you have zero knowledge about that and shouldnt argue. if it wasnt so obvious evrything about the sun in ds i woudnt have mention it.

edit: lol the word  s a t a n  got censored xD

- Nothing ingame has ever referred to Charlie as Venus aside from the Rose symbols you mention, and even then they don't even imply she's symbolizing Venus. They're there for the aesthetic, period. 

- Despite all your posturing with symbolisms, you forget the general rule that symbols have a designated context based on the situation they are used in. Case in point would be your attempts to explain mere designs as symbols with underlying, unnecessary meanings in contexts they aren't needed in (Sun and Moon on cover art, Torch Symbolizing "end of age", the lore of the Ancients as related to all your posturing on Astrology) despite their contexts being rather simple and literal.

3 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

Bildergebnis für dont starve

look this pic. the cover is a sun. the sun is 99% of the pic. all other things like wilson and the pigs are just infront. 

Definitely 99% of the whole picture.

Even the mobs take up more space than the ''sun''

1 minute ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I just don't believe your ''light and dark'' symbolized by the ''sun and moon'' when there's literally a darkness element.

True arches, as opposed to corbel arches, were known by a number of civilizations in the ancient Near East and the Levant, but their use was infrequent and mostly confined to underground structures.

Don't say that Arches are a symbol of sun when it's a purely decorational factor on Gothic/Baroque style.

ok. what answer do you want? you say they were just cosmetic? how do you know that. i know they arent. they are symbols of the sun. just check the old egyptians?

none deco in the world is just decoration. it has to have a meaning. why should people start doing something just because. you get always the answer its just because. yea but its because they wont tell you. evrything has a meaning and its sawn in the nature and used by humans. can you imagine how hard it was to build such a round arch? they need 30 years to just build that one little. i hoipe you know which tools and knowledge they had in this time so we dont need to argue about that. yea and tehy didnt waste their life to make a stone arch just for fun. it was to adore their god. the sun. 

lemme just ask did you guys understood why the sun is so important? there is no life without. and there is no life without water also for example but water doesnt go away and come back. the sun goes away evry evening and lets us back in darkness and its cold and nothing grows. no sun, no life. human understood that without the sun there is no life so they started to adore it so it wont ever go forever.

and why you say all the time what i posted has nothing to do with ds. for example in hamlet tehre is the aporcalypse. where do we know the aporcalypse beside ds? the bible. thats why i mentioned it. and the bible is astrology. so hamlet is about the aporcalypse which means its about the bible and this means its about astrology. what dont you understand?

when in hamlet the aporcalypse starts the sun turns red adn evrything gets evil and there is no sunlight anymore. thats why the sun is dying. the aporcalypse from the bible has started. and you can end it if you turn the time back to the start of the era or you turn it forward to get in a new era. both is the same cause a new or old sun will be born

4 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Definitely 99% of the whole picture.

Even the mobs take up more space than the ''sun''

the sun is evrywghere cause the gold/yellow colour are standing for her beams

Just now, __IvoCZE__ said:

Are you kidding me?

noob xD

gyus let it be. i told you 100 times now if you have no idea what im talking its fine. im not here to teach you the world lol

1 minute ago, BeliarBAD said:

noob xD

gyus let it be. i told you 100 times now if you have no idea what im talking its fine. im not here to teach you the world lol

It's just really hard to have an idea about religious shenanigans when I'm an atheist.

3 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

:confused: That doesn't even begin to make sense.

loool. i wanted to say im not religious and im not an atheist.

or did you understand it but it makes no sense to you cause you think i have to be one of them?

btw this guy made such a great thred and we destroyed it with our comments lol. i didnt want that

Just now, BeliarBAD said:

or did you understand it but it makes no sense to you cause you think i have to be one of them?

You literally say that there are 2 sides ; religious and atheist, nothing between, and then you say that you aren't on any side? where does even the flippity floppity sense come from that?

Just now, __IvoCZE__ said:

You literally say that there are 2 sides ; religious and atheist, nothing between, and then you say that you aren't on any side? where does even the flippity floppity sense come from that?

ok tell me pls more sides? i said in our world/knowledge no idea how you wanna call it. we have always 2 sides. if you have an example then pls

ok tell me pls more sides? i said in our world/knowledge no idea how you wanna call it. we have always 2 sides. if you have an example then pls

I can barely understand what you're even talking about anymore.

Let's just stop before this derails even further.

2 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

You're either Religious, Atheist/Atheistic(?), Spiritual, Theist  or Agnosticism. 
I don't think there's much else in between, if so note me.

1 minute ago, -Variant said:

You're either Religious, Atheist, or Agnosticism. 
I don't think there's much else in between. 

thats exactly the point. all these things are thought by human. they arent real and doesnt exist. im none of them. im also not a human. cause think about it. we arent. someone has come up with it. its not standing on your forehead that you are human. how did the first man had the idea that we are humans? where did he get this? he just came up with it

4 minutes ago, -Variant said:

else in between. 

Spoiler
13 minutes ago, -Variant said:

You're either Religious, Atheist, or Agnosticism. 
I don't think there's much else in between. 

Actually there are atheistic religions. You probably mean theist (who most of the time are religious.) 

I wonder, did this thing fly with the birds? Some kind of machine maybe? Screenshot_20190807_142913.jpg.aa53a1c8c68fb04a88cb20b3e6a84aba.jpg

Ancients knew about the sun, as screenshots provided by OP show. 

9 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Actually there are atheistic religions. You probably mean theist (who most of the time are religious.) 

I wonder, did this thing fly with the birds? Some kind of machine maybe? Screenshot_20190807_142913.jpg.aa53a1c8c68fb04a88cb20b3e6a84aba.jpg

Ancients knew about the sun, as screenshots provided by OP show. 

Looks like a nautiloid to me... what nautili are doing out for water is beyond me

My point was that when they retreated underground their culture didn't revolve around astrology and sun-worship. Thanks for clarifying that tho :)

1 hour ago, MrKoopa said:

According to my friends on Tinder, "Spiritual" is also an acceptable answer. 

1 hour ago, MrKoopa said:
Spoiler

Ah see, I'm not strong in this selection, thank you, I'll edit my post.

4 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Looks like a nautiloid to me... what nautili are doing out for water is beyond me

My point was that when they retreated underground their culture didn't revolve around astrology and sun-worship. Thanks for clarifying that tho :)

i never said they didnt know. he was just saying there is no sun underground.

nvm

someone had to made the metheus puzzle. someone with the knowledge of what is going on. so it was an artist of the ancients. and the first thing he drawed was the moon cycle so its obivious they knew about astrology and the sun 

20 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

Screenshot_20190807_142913.jpg.aa53a1c8c68fb04a88cb20b3e6a84aba.jpg

thats actually the sun xxxxD the drawings in it and at the left side symbilize the sun cycle

7 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

i never said they didnt know. he was just saying there is no sun underground.

nvm

someone had to made the metheus puzzle. someone with the knowledge of what is going on. so it was an artist of the ancients. and the first thing he drawed was the moon cycle so its obivious they knew about astrology and the sun 

thats actually the sun xxxxD the drawings in it and at the left side symbilize the sun cycle

- There's no solid proof still. Besides. it would be more accurate to interpret the drawing of the "moon cycle" in the first mural as the Nightmare cycle, because it affected the lives of the Ancients underground more than the Moon cycle did.

- Might I restate that any attempt to track the Moon cycles is rendered useless underground (make a moon dial underground ingame and see what happens.)

- Sure, that could be the sun, but that's only an additional detail in the Constant mural with no major symbolism. It isn't a major element of the Ancients' lives, and neither is it a major symbol of anything in their culture simply because they don't need it.

On 4.8.2019 at 4:20 PM, Yukanur said:

it based on my knowledge so, it's still unofficial
mural symbols translate (not all of them)
5d46e75050629_obelisk1.thumb.png.64f7ff255e7b8627c607cc37148d7953.png5d46e75e065e6_obelisk2.thumb.png.6a62a2466cc1a426d79c5e002002d2b6.png5d46e76d4e663_obelisk3.thumb.png.0165a7d04f0a71f6d8a98b3eadfdcfff.png

btw look the tragic torch on the first pic. it has a black circle in it. at the last pic the circle is white.

the circle is the sun. look the deco of the torch under the circle. they are sunbeams. above the circle its a flame. and around of them are sunbeams.

why it s first black and turns later to white you can think about it. im not gonna tell anymore secret knowledge :p

here a hint: look at the ancient gateway on the first pic, second and 3. specially in the middle

btw look the tragic torch on the first pic. it has a black circle in it. at the last pic the circle is white.

the circle is the sun. look the deco of the torch under the circle. they are sunbeams. above the circle its a flame. and around of them are sunbeams.

why it s first black and turns later to white you can think about it. im not gonna tell anymore secret knowledge :p

You can relate that torch to the Sun and the Moon cycles for all its' worth, it's simply showing the Ancients fighting the Shadows with their torchlight, not light of the Sun or the Moon or any related deity.

4 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

- There's no solid proof still. Besides. it would be more accurate to interpret the drawing of the "moon cycle" in the first mural as the Nightmare cycle, because it affected the lives of the Ancients underground more than the Moon cycle did.

- Might I restate that any attempt to track the Moon cycles is rendered useless underground (make a moon dial underground ingame and see what happens.)

- Sure, that could be the sun, but that's only an additional detail in the Constant mural with no major symbolism. It isn't a major element of the Ancients' lives, and neither is it a major symbol of anything in their culture simply because they don't need it.

bro ok its fine. 

its not the sun. its a frisbee disk. the ancient died cause one of them was hitting them with the freezbe at the head all the time. thats why you can see on the last pic metheus is holding his hand on his head to protect himself but he had no chance. in the right corner you can see his chopped head. 

Just now, GetNerfedOn said:

You can relate that torch to the Sun and the Moon cycles for all its' worth, it's simply showing the Ancients fighting the Shadows with their torchlight, not light of the Sun or the Moon or any related deity.

why are the enmies shadows? because shadows are the opposite of the sun. its light vs darkness

Archived