A Little Automatic Pacu Farm

Hey folks,

Since the automation had changed a lot since the old builds using sweeper droppers etc, I've thrown together a little auto pacu farm.

Mostly aimed at new players, so the automation was kept super simple.

Save file is on the video below.

Disclaimer : This is by no means the simplest, smallest, sexiest, most original, most early game, nor most fragrant build. You have probably seen : your mum, some youtuber, your neighbour, your dog, your friends dog, your dogs' friend, anyone else prior to this date create the same thing. You are: smarter, quicker, better, more learned, and ultimately far greater at the game than me. Mwah.x

Hope it helps. xoxo

-Life

7 hours ago, SamLogan said:

Easy and working, thanks. :)

I though we can't anymore feed the fish with only 1Kg algae / cycle?

They seem to starve temporarily between feeds - but as it's a 10 cycle countdown, they'll eat the next cycle and reset it. I've ran it for ~100 cycles in debug and it was solid. The "ate from feeder" buff lasts for the entire cycle though, so reproduction stays high.

Full disclosure - I did just experience (what i'm claiming was a bug) my breeding pacus dieing out on stream - however we're in a huge base, with lots of weird things happening. The launch upgrade has become a bit of a nightmare late game it seems. I'm thinking it was more a case of "critter lockup" than build issues. 

Your active critter sensor is set to above 0 (≥1). If there's no fish or egg there then the build stops working. So since your active signal needs to be always active, that makes it, and the memory toggle redundant.

U can make it alot simpler by setting a rail shut off out side the room and have it hooked up to a critter sensor inside your tank. Set the sensor to 1 lower than the number to critters u want in the room. The eggs get shipped out and the number of critters drops by one becuase the egg is no longer in the room. So if u have 7 in the room counting the egg it will than drop to 6 and the egg will go back in the room making the total number 7 again. Just set the dropper where the egg can't get sweeped again. But once the the 8th egg is layed it will ship it out and the single will still be true and u can send that egg to the butchery or the food pond. I use this and haven't had any problems with it.

On 07/08/2019 at 9:05 PM, TheEvilMango said:

U can make it alot simpler by setting a rail shut off out side the room and have it hooked up to a critter sensor inside your tank. Set the sensor to 1 lower than the number to critters u want in the room. The eggs get shipped out and the number of critters drops by one becuase the egg is no longer in the room. So if u have 7 in the room counting the egg it will than drop to 6 and the egg will go back in the room making the total number 7 again. Just set the dropper where the egg can't get sweeped again. But once the the 8th egg is layed it will ship it out and the single will still be true and u can send that egg to the butchery or the food pond. I use this and haven't had any problems with it.

I use that design for hatches and crabs, but not for fish. These little pacu blighters love to get stuck trying to find water - I like to keep them close by.

But yeah, you're quite right, the build you've described is exactly what i've used for other critters - works like a charm. Only issue being the natural hatching down time - but that's meh I guess.

Archived