Farmer’s touch and arbor trees

Does farmer’s touch work with arbor trees? I’ve never used it before. I’ve never found much point to farmer’s touch. It’s a lot of hassle for not much gain. But, I also rarely run out of slime or morale enough to move off of ranching and mushrooms.

However, with farmer’s touch, arbor trees would net you 60 or so kg of polluted water per day per tree with an ethanol loop. That’s not half bad. With plenty of other useful side products too.

Any gotchas I should know? I’ve averaged about 1 arbor tree seed per 100 cycles gifted by the printing press on a non-forest map. I might give it a go with even a few of them.

2 hours ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

Oh! Dang! That's a pity and somewhat illogical...

U guys think it's intended or a mistake on the devs side?

I hope it's a mistake...

Probably intended to prevent lumber->ethanol->petroleum gen-> free electricity+excess water combo being too op

1 minute ago, tseitsei said:

Probably intended to prevent lumber->ethanol->petroleum gen-> free electricity+excess water combo being too op

They nerfed that. Domesticated trees are a little bit water negative with the ethanol cycle. Fertilizing trees would probably shift it to just a smidge better than water neutral.

9 hours ago, Promethien said:

They nerfed that. Domesticated trees are a little bit water negative with the ethanol cycle. Fertilizing trees would probably shift it to just a smidge better than water neutral.

Yes I know. That is what I was saying. Fertilizing doesnt work on branches since that would make the loop water positive again which would be too good IMO. Free electricity and free water with such a simple build

5 hours ago, tseitsei said:

That is what I was saying. Fertilizing doesnt work on branches since that would make the loop water positive again which would be too good IMO

Farmer's touch takes a large amount of dupe labor, and dupe labor isn't free. Arbor trees are also some of the most trivial plants to get free wild wood from, so it's nit picking about completely pointless things.

Archived