[Game Update] - 357226

5 hours ago, llunak said:

Aaawww. And I was hoping this would be fixed by making toxic stuff actually dangerous. It's a bit silly that dupes can run in caves full of poisonous chlorine and all it does is that it makes them hold breath.

There is a mod that make this happens 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Added two new meteor showers, one with Copper meteors, and one with Gold meteors.
  • Squeaky Pufts now appear in Rust biomes
  • The Serum Vial now takes Steel instead of Wolframite to craft

View full update

-Cool

-Cool two but i don't want to restart a colony now

-Cool, for me it take tungsten

15 hours ago, Nebbie said:

Now quarter the amount of gold amalgam in slime biomes so gold is somewhat precious and we all ranch dense pufts for oxylite production. :p

Don't have slime biome in my asteroid so pretty happy to have gold meteor (since now i only found a little in gem)

11 hours ago, OxCD said:

To hide the idea behind the necessity of iron and gold ?

It's supposed to be a natural phenomenon, not an invisible hand that give you something because you need it. So you sort it out yourself.

so why not have other metal ores drop as well.   rather than rotating the various shower types.   Why not just a metal ore shower generically that just explodes with a variety.    currently  its cycling through  3 types.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flydo said:

-Cool

-Cool two but i don't want to restart a colony now

-Cool, for me it take tungsten

Don't have slime biome in my asteroid so pretty happy to have gold meteor (since now i only found a little in gem)

You don't need to restart just to get squeaky pufts, they're relatively useless to begin with (and you'll eventually manage to get them anyway if you try hard on breeding) and will, as talked about earlier, disappear over time anyways due to puft breeding rules being garbage.

57 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

so why not have other metal ores drop as well.   rather than rotating the various shower types.   Why not just a metal ore shower generically that just explodes with a variety.    currently  its cycling through  3 types.   

It's a set rotation and equal? I would've hoped for it just being that two thirds are iron, one sixth gold, one sixth copper, with each one being random. Iron is the thing needed in bulk. I do however think that a variety per shower is less flavorful, as implicitly these showers are groups of meteors with similar properties and thus similar orbits.

Edited by Nebbie
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, DarkReaper115 said:
21 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hatch diets now include aluminum ore and electrum

Ok. Do those materials help to get stone or smooth hatches?

Only stone and smooth hatches will eat these materials.

=> You can use only to increase the chance of a stone hatch laying an smooth hatch egg.

21 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Remove references to "Toxic" elements

Could you remove the reference to:

• Antiseptic material properties [plastic]
  • the life support skill [Hover over the life support task in the priorities screen.]

aswell ;)

The last thing remaining, that really bugs me would be building which show a power consumption without every consuming some energy.

[A power transformer acts like a "run-off free" battery. => You can build infinitly working circuits, which you only need to power once ...]

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

1 hour ago, RonEmpire said:

so why not just make your own mod? Bonus points if your showers stop and start fast enough for bunker doors to fail.

There really is little reason to be pedantic here and it is quite nice how they mixed the showers up while not going "let's make it totally random every thing, every time for no one to be able to see a pattern".

By the by, I made a very crude mod which actually removed meteor showers for they were just annoying and rather swallow. I still consider rewriting the mod if I ever find out how one can "simply" modify a class but I might end up not using it and not just because I like dat gold.

A suggestion I considered was regarding using regolith as a material similar to Terraria's slush, silt and fossil blocks in that one could with whatever energy and time investment could extract resources from it. Mostly turning it into Sand and a small percentage being metal ores but also dirt, clay, sedimentary rock, other rocks.... sure has more depth than just all ores randomly falling from the sky.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/2/2019 at 12:50 AM, Darkin Coaled said:

Sooo.. you're solving the problem of limited/non-existent gold on some asteroids by making it fall from the sky..

Does this mean the gold appears deus ex machina? xD

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2019 at 11:11 PM, Cairath said:

@Ipsquiggle are you guys looking into the mod manager nightmare? :(

I'm not sure what to make of the mod manager nightmare. Now it seems Rimworld is affected by this problem too where unsubscribing and then subscribing can fix mods, which breaks when the mod creator uploads a new version. If Steam broke their workshop, then it would be hard for Klei to fix it.

What's weird is that if Steam broke, they can't I find anything about it online. I only noticed because I was told my Rimworld mod broke and then somebody else commented that it was due to another mod and it's assumed the mod creator screwed up, but the fix looks surprisingly similar to the fix for ONI mods. It's kind of suspicious that two different games break in the same way at the same time.