Klei could you please make sure the debugging tools have been disabled in launch?

Hi Klei,

There was another thread that I started yesterday asking players if their FPS had increased since updating from the beta to the launch version of the game. Well a number of replies flooded in and there seems to be a consensus that frame rates have not improved all that much. From my own experience, frame rates have not really improved at all for me; in fact, they've actually decreased from QoL Mk3. I loaded up a base that I had started many months ago and was getting 35-40 FPS when beforehand I had gotten 45-50 FPS on max speed and something like 23 dupes. 

Either way, I ask that you please look into this issue, I was also experiencing a lot of stuttering after launching rockets in the beta branch and while I haven't had an opportunity to launch a rocket since the game released yesterday, I want to cover all of my concerns in this post. I also noticed a bit of a memory leak where the game seems to be consuming more and more of my RAM every time I load up a save file. 

My specs are more than capable of running the game:

Core i7 6700

16 GB DDR4 2133Mhz RAM

GTX 1070

Those are the relevant specs anyhow. 

2 minutes ago, Gracefulmuse said:

There was a thread started here quite a while back that measured performance compared to system specs. You could be getting bottle necked by your RAM frequency. 

That still doesn't explain how performance has worsened since QoL Mk3, nor does it explain how a base that I started several months ago is running worse now than it was pre-launch. 

2 hours ago, selereth said:

Hi Klei,

There was another thread that I started yesterday asking players if their FPS had increased since updating from the beta to the launch version of the game. Well a number of replies flooded in and there seems to be a consensus that frame rates have not improved all that much. From my own experience, frame rates have not really improved at all for me; in fact, they've actually decreased from QoL Mk3. I loaded up a base that I had started many months ago and was getting 35-40 FPS when beforehand I had gotten 45-50 FPS on max speed and something like 23 dupes. 

Either way, I ask that you please look into this issue, I was also experiencing a lot of stuttering after launching rockets in the beta branch and while I haven't had an opportunity to launch a rocket since the game released yesterday, I want to cover all of my concerns in this post. I also noticed a bit of a memory leak where the game seems to be consuming more and more of my RAM every time I load up a save file. 

My specs are more than capable of running the game:

Core i7 6700

16 GB DDR4 2133Mhz RAM

GTX 1070

Those are the relevant specs anyhow. 

Of course, I am not a developer or a programmer, but as far as I understand, this thing takes control of the process. Is this the same debugging?

2019-07-31_19-35-30.jpg

The removal did not introduce any changes, but who knows how it is related. It is possible that some debugging functions simply launch this and collect information in order to transfer to this collector

1 hour ago, Moah said:

Have you tried to disable logging in the games menues? There is a new option.

Are you talking about the data collection option? That's all I can see. Anyway, I disabled it and there's no change in FPS. 

16 hours ago, selereth said:

Are you talking about the data collection option? That's all I can see. Anyway, I disabled it and there's no change in FPS. 

Yes, that's what i meant. Bad that it did not help you.

I myself have no problems with fps but I know how annoying that is. When i remember back how huge the old maps were, i get nostalgic. i really miss that

But i don't know whats better. Bigger/Huge maps or more funcuality. I really hope they can optimise the game further.

On 8/1/2019 at 5:17 AM, Moah said:

Yes, that's what i meant. Bad that it did not help you.

I myself have no problems with fps but I know how annoying that is. When i remember back how huge the old maps were, i get nostalgic. i really miss that

But i don't know whats better. Bigger/Huge maps or more funcuality. I really hope they can optimise the game further.

I started a new save file since the launch update came out, just to rule out any possibility of it being a beta save file issue and have reached cycle 110. I am getting about 55 FPS on 2x speed and 50 FPS on 3x speed, this is when I am panning around my base. 

Would you or anyone else be willing to run this save file and let me know what FPS you're getting? I want to see if the performance I'm getting is similar to other people's performance. 

Hiigara .sav

1 hour ago, selereth said:

I started a new save file since the launch update came out, just to rule out any possibility of it being a beta save file issue and have reached cycle 110. I am getting about 55 FPS on 2x speed and 50 FPS on 3x speed, this is when I am panning around my base. 

Would you or anyone else be willing to run this save file and let me know what FPS you're getting? I want to see if the performance I'm getting is similar to other people's performance. 

Hiigara .sav

Full normal zoomed out (not screenshot mode) in the starting position, observed for one full cycle each:

2x:  22-25 fps

3x: 18-20 fps

Gtx 1050ti @ 1920x1080 60hz

Core 2 Duo @ 3.16ghz

8g DDR2 @ 800mhz

I likely have one of the lowest rated systems attempting to run this. So, I will try to gather this info and throw it up later.. :)

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
             System Model: OptiPlex 380                 
                     BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05 (type: BIOS)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E7500  @ 2.93GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
                   Memory: 3072MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 3070MB RAM
                Page File: 2698MB used, 1266MB available
                     DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
                        Miracast: Not Available
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE
        Manufacturer: NVIDIA
           Chip type: GeForce 9300 GE
            DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Type: Full Device (POST)

Display Memory: 1770 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 235 MB
       Shared Memory: 1534 MB
        Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
         HDR Support: Not Supported
    Display Topology: Internal

Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll
 Driver File Version: 21.21.0013.4201 (English)
      Driver Version: 21.21.13.4201
         DDI Version: 11.1
      Feature Levels: 10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
        Driver Model: WDDM 1.2

I think that's the most important stuff...

I mentioned it during the preview beta testing about this issue.   How the game leaks memory over time if you keep loading save files over time without quitting.   Fresh game launches with first time save file load seems fast.  But after that  loading saves while the game has launched already will result in some performance decrease. And memory consumption increase.  I believe the cycle  reports info is causing issues.    Would probably help if there was an option to completely disable reports or storing only a certain amount.    Or they need to change their reports saving scheme such a way that is a separate file logging.  Similar to how they separate time-lapse.     There really is no need to keep auto saving the reports over and over or storing the entire reports in memory. 

28 minutes ago, MauPow said:

I'm getting about 9 fps on my cycle 600 base. It was mostly fine last week, 25-35, then after launch this base is unplayable. Started it maybe 2 weeks ago.

i7-6700k, 16gb RAM.

Would you mind uploading the save file? I could run it on my computer to see how it does. Specs are almost identical to yours.

Archived