New critter morph designs

19 hours ago, Dovahkick said:

Mmh...how about Deep Lake Pacu?

Abyssal/Deep Sea Pacu. Looks like a pacu + angler fish. Shares most traits with the angler fish:

• Will explode in low pressure environments
  • Lives in brine
  • Can only survive in dark/low light living conditions
    • Has a light producing lure
    • This basically prevents overpopulation via a light mechanic
  • Carnivorous
    • Eggs
    • Meat
    • Pacu FIllets
    • Basically anything with meat it can eat
  • Can consume prey up to twice its size

Boom. Now you've got a hostile mob.

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Abyssal/Deep Sea Pacu. Looks like a pacu + angler fish. Shares most traits with the angler fish:

• Will explode in low pressure environments
  • Lives in brine
  • Can only survive in dark/low light living conditions
    • Has a light producing lure
    • This basically prevents overpopulation via a light mechanic
  • Carnivorous
    • Eggs
    • Meat
    • Pacu FIllets
    • Basically anything with meat it can eat
  • Can consume prey up to twice its size

Boom. Now you've got a hostile mob.

A pacu with similar conditions was done, not release by a modder, i cant do it, also new concepts wood go for july since will be applying for a new job soon. The name are in need of feedback now.

Some thoughts. I really like your ideas, they add a lot of variety without feeling pokemon-y. Keep in mind that ranching should be difficult, and come with significant trade offs. Smooth Hatches may produce Refined Metals without heat, but they're very slow and kill 25% of the input mass. Sage Hatches & Longhair Slicksters are meant to be "traps" when ranching (you put in the same inputs, but just get lower outputs).

Hatches

1) Diamond Hatch is a great idea! They should have some extra requirement which makes them difficult to raise. Perhaps they require very high temp (200C) or high pressure to survive? The difficulty here is both in feeding the Diamonds (they need a refined form of Carbon or Abyssalite as diet) and in maintaining the enclosure.

2) Floral Hatch should simply be a special Sage Hatch. They don't breed true (A Floral Hatch is just as likely to have a Sage as Floral while a Sage Hatch is more likely to have a Sage), but they can be by providing Natural Sunlight (this requires making an unusual glass-topped enclosure at the top of the map, the opposite environ for producing Diamond Hatches). The advantage would be that they produce fruit of whatever seed they consume as soon as they consume it, without any other inputs. Essentially they let you increase the calorie efficiency of a farm by turning the excess output of seeds directly into calories. They'd also give a small amount of Coal at a similar rate to Sages, but since they eat slower the turn over on Coal would be slower.

3) Wood Hatches eat non-edible biological material and output raw metal. Logs -> Unrefined Iron, Reed Fiber -> Bauxite, Pincha Peppernuts -> Gold Amalgam, Balm Lily -> Copper Ore. The advantage here is obvious, a trickle of metals in exchange for renewable farm outputs. The trickle should be high enough to be compelling, but inefficient enough to be unable to reasonably supply heavy industry. The other direction to take these guys is as an extremely efficient source of Coal, but one which requires an odd environment (essentially they would be an upgrade to the Sage Hatch, in the same way the Stone Hatch is a direct upgrade to the regular Hatch).

Pokeshell

1) Coral Pokeshell seems fine. Perhaps has a different temperature range than regular pokeshells, or is allergic to Water & Polluted Water (they can only survive in a very Salty environment) so as to not make them just a strict upgrade?

Shove Vole

1) Glass Shove Vole is a great idea! Having a source of Glass which requires exploration rather than industrialization would fit in perfectly with the current roster of critters & plants. I also like how this rewards exploring up first, since the nature of Oil right now means it is almost always best to dig down first.

Pufts

1) Cloudy Puft is a neat idea. Perhaps add in a new Hydrogen-offing mineral, ala Oxylite & Bleach Stone? Hydralite would offput Hydrogen at an extremely inefficient rate (say, 30% of mass), with the efficiency rising with a decrease in temperature and if light is provided. The Cloudy Puft should also have a diet of Oxygen, and appear with Dense Pufts (pump Hydrogen in to increase the spawn rate). That way it both serves as an upgrade option for Electrolyzers (if you want a greater proportion of Hydrogen to Oxygen, such as when using Hydrogen as a clean power source), and as a wrinkle for Dense Puft set ups (since a Cloudy Puft could appear and start offing Hydrogen into your Oxygen supply). The Cloudy Puft would also much prefer colder temperatures, and serve as an interesting obstacle when exploring an icy world. Release a couple into your base and watch as all your precious blue gas turns pink!

2) Smoggy Puft where have you been all my life? This is exactly the step I want in every single one of my games! My only suggestion would be to make this thing very inefficient, with efficiency rising with the input temperature. The material output could also change, below 125C CO2 produces Coal at a very low efficiency, above produces Refined Carbon at a low, but still better than Coal, efficiency. It would also produce heat to equal the mass loss, so it serves as a source of CO2 deletion, but doesn't delete heat (or does so at a negligibly slow rate).

Pip

1) Icy Pip is spot on. The lamest part of playing on an Icy World is all the wild critters & plants die. How could there be any living things at all if they couldn't naturally survive? Icy variants thus makes total sense for things like Pips, Pufts (the Cloudy Puft), and Arbor Trees which otherwise just get destroyed by the sub-zero temp. Would be great if this came with a frosty variation of the Arbor Tree that required pure Water instead of Polluted, the Frosty Pine. Would allow for different Log-producing set ups but requires low temperatures and otherwise more useful inputs.

Pacus

Just gonna try your mod right now! Initial thoughts:

1) Beta Pacu looks great as a pet. Perhaps add another morph, the Gold Pacu which is an even more decorative morph of the Beta? Feed a Beta Refined Gold to produce the morph. Gold Pacu eggs (golden eggs, gedit?) would produce Refined Gold when broken (which Gold Pacus when then eat if not removed from the environment), meaning once you have a small pond of them you have a semi-sustainable supply of Gold & Food.

2) Kelp Pacu is great. Perhaps add in that they steadily convert Water to Polluted Water, letting them serve an additional conversion function? Would also fit with the theme you have with the Beta of converting between the different kinds of Water.

3) Plated Pacu converts one kind of metal to another? Okay. I'd add in that a Water to Salt Water automatic conversion, to make this thing harder to raise and to fit with the theme.

Spoiler
On 15/3/2020 at 12:53 PM, JaxckLl said:

Some thoughts. I really like your ideas, they add a lot of variety without feeling pokemon-y. Keep in mind that ranching should be difficult, and come with significant trade offs. Smooth Hatches may produce Refined Metals without heat, but they're very slow and kill 25% of the input mass. Sage Hatches & Longhair Slicksters are meant to be "traps" when ranching (you put in the same inputs, but just get lower outputs).

Hatches

1) Diamond Hatch is a great idea! They should have some extra requirement which makes them difficult to raise. Perhaps they require very high temp (200C) or high pressure to survive? The difficulty here is both in feeding the Diamonds (they need a refined form of Carbon or Abyssalite as diet) and in maintaining the enclosure.

2) Floral Hatch should simply be a special Sage Hatch. They don't breed true (A Floral Hatch is just as likely to have a Sage as Floral while a Sage Hatch is more likely to have a Sage), but they can be by providing Natural Sunlight (this requires making an unusual glass-topped enclosure at the top of the map, the opposite environ for producing Diamond Hatches). The advantage would be that they produce fruit of whatever seed they consume as soon as they consume it, without any other inputs. Essentially they let you increase the calorie efficiency of a farm by turning the excess output of seeds directly into calories. They'd also give a small amount of Coal at a similar rate to Sages, but since they eat slower the turn over on Coal would be slower.

3) Wood Hatches eat non-edible biological material and output raw metal. Logs -> Unrefined Iron, Reed Fiber -> Bauxite, Pincha Peppernuts -> Gold Amalgam, Balm Lily -> Copper Ore. The advantage here is obvious, a trickle of metals in exchange for renewable farm outputs. The trickle should be high enough to be compelling, but inefficient enough to be unable to reasonably supply heavy industry. The other direction to take these guys is as an extremely efficient source of Coal, but one which requires an odd environment (essentially they would be an upgrade to the Sage Hatch, in the same way the Stone Hatch is a direct upgrade to the regular Hatch).

Pokeshell

1) Coral Pokeshell seems fine. Perhaps has a different temperature range than regular pokeshells, or is allergic to Water & Polluted Water (they can only survive in a very Salty environment) so as to not make them just a strict upgrade?

Shove Vole

1) Glass Shove Vole is a great idea! Having a source of Glass which requires exploration rather than industrialization would fit in perfectly with the current roster of critters & plants. I also like how this rewards exploring up first, since the nature of Oil right now means it is almost always best to dig down first.

Pufts

1) Cloudy Puft is a neat idea. Perhaps add in a new Hydrogen-offing mineral, ala Oxylite & Bleach Stone? Hydralite would offput Hydrogen at an extremely inefficient rate (say, 30% of mass), with the efficiency rising with a decrease in temperature and if light is provided. The Cloudy Puft should also have a diet of Oxygen, and appear with Dense Pufts (pump Hydrogen in to increase the spawn rate). That way it both serves as an upgrade option for Electrolyzers (if you want a greater proportion of Hydrogen to Oxygen, such as when using Hydrogen as a clean power source), and as a wrinkle for Dense Puft set ups (since a Cloudy Puft could appear and start offing Hydrogen into your Oxygen supply). The Cloudy Puft would also much prefer colder temperatures, and serve as an interesting obstacle when exploring an icy world. Release a couple into your base and watch as all your precious blue gas turns pink!

2) Smoggy Puft where have you been all my life? This is exactly the step I want in every single one of my games! My only suggestion would be to make this thing very inefficient, with efficiency rising with the input temperature. The material output could also change, below 125C CO2 produces Coal at a very low efficiency, above produces Refined Carbon at a low, but still better than Coal, efficiency. It would also produce heat to equal the mass loss, so it serves as a source of CO2 deletion, but doesn't delete heat (or does so at a negligibly slow rate).

Pip

1) Icy Pip is spot on. The lamest part of playing on an Icy World is all the wild critters & plants die. How could there be any living things at all if they couldn't naturally survive? Icy variants thus makes total sense for things like Pips, Pufts (the Cloudy Puft), and Arbor Trees which otherwise just get destroyed by the sub-zero temp. Would be great if this came with a frosty variation of the Arbor Tree that required pure Water instead of Polluted, the Frosty Pine. Would allow for different Log-producing set ups but requires low temperatures and otherwise more useful inputs.

Pacus

Just gonna try your mod right now! Initial thoughts:

1) Beta Pacu looks great as a pet. Perhaps add another morph, the Gold Pacu which is an even more decorative morph of the Beta? Feed a Beta Refined Gold to produce the morph. Gold Pacu eggs (golden eggs, gedit?) would produce Refined Gold when broken (which Gold Pacus when then eat if not removed from the environment), meaning once you have a small pond of them you have a semi-sustainable supply of Gold & Food.

2) Kelp Pacu is great. Perhaps add in that they steadily convert Water to Polluted Water, letting them serve an additional conversion function? Would also fit with the theme you have with the Beta of converting between the different kinds of Water.

3) Plated Pacu converts one kind of metal to another? Okay. I'd add in that a Water to Salt Water automatic conversion, to make this thing harder to raise and to fit with the theme.

Thanks for your suggestions, when a mod passes the phace of concept and goes to production or release, usually i dont make major changes unless there is a balance problem. Which is not case for the mods currently.

Critters on concept phase:
*Pips: Icy pip and possible other season theme pips, like winter pip, spring pip or cherry pip. Or other theme.

*Shove vole: Only one was designed, other variants could be suggested.

*Pokeshells: Only the coral one was designed, other variants could be suggested.

*Lightbug: none color variant could be suggested.

I will take a break of a few months to find a new job and i hope this post wont be archive u.u

On 20.03.2020 at 9:23 PM, erny0507 said:

I was playing and think clay cames short, so i was thinking of a drecco that grows clay on its back as a concept, what do u think?

Another source of clay would be nice. Especially for maps with no slime biomes. What would it eat though? Or would the morph be temperature reliant?

1 minute ago, Sasza22 said:

Another source of clay would be nice. Especially for maps with no slime biomes. What would it eat though? Or would the morph be temperature reliant?

Im open for feedback, lets see: Plants that eat that makes then change that haven taken:

Pincha Pepper and Balm Lily

One must remain a neutral so is usable to keep the default morph.

Could be Pincha Pepper, so we could use the Balm Lily as the plant that makes the default increase the chance to produce an egg of a clay drecko.

Clay Drecko could eat balm lily and also this could lead to another morphs, like a glass drecko.

15 minutes ago, erny0507 said:

Could be Pincha Pepper, so we could use the Balm Lily as the plant that makes the default increase the chance to produce an egg of a clay drecko.

Most designs for reed farming involve balm lilly. If it made a clay morph it would break them. Meanwhile most people don`t consider feeding them pincha peppers since they cost water so maybe that.

I thought about different stuff this certain morph could eat. Maybe it could eat arbor tree branches as well.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

Most designs for reed farming involve balm lilly. If it made a clay morph it would break them. Meanwhile most people don`t consider feeding them pincha peppers since they cost water so maybe that.

I thought about different stuff this certain morph could eat. Maybe it could eat arbor tree branches as well.

if is not possible for normal trees of morph then each one could go straight as a recipe in the molecular forge.

On 22.03.2020 at 2:26 AM, erny0507 said:

if is not possible for normal trees of morph then each one could go straight as a recipe in the molecular forge.

I was thinking about normal arbor trees. Just the different drecko morph could eat them.

22 hours ago, garrythelawless said:

Love this mod..... will there be any further implementation of this in the future?

Sure, once i secure an income, aka, job, ill continue to produce mods

12 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I was thinking about normal arbor trees. Just the different drecko morph could eat them.

Yeah, i was speaking about adquisition.

Clay drecko:

Diet: arbor tree

Scale growth environment: Hydrogen

Glass dreccko:

Diet: waterweed

Scale growth environment: Hydrogen

Archived