The Map Browser - Tools Not Included - has been updated!

Ok, I assume many player will search for a map where every (possible) resource would be renewable:

• I assume at least one "Interstellar Ice" is guaranteed. [I couldn´t find a map without one]
    • => Sleet Wheat
  • I assume at least one "Metallic Asteroid" is guaranteed. [I couldn´t find a map without one]
    • => Copper

Now the important part:

• At least one "Glimmering Planet"
    • => Tungsten / Wolframite
  • At least one "Salty Dwarf"
    • => Dasha Saltvine
  • At least one "Chlorine Planet" or a "Chlorine Vent"
    • => Chlorine
      • Most of the time it´s just about having any way to produce new chlorine.
      • That´s why I prefer the planet over the vent and like to search for excatly one "Chlorine Planet" or excatly one "Chlorine Vent".
  • At least one "Gilded Asteroid" [or a "Gold Volcano"]
    • => Gold / Pyrite
      • Pyrite got the same material properties like copper ore just without the decor buff.
      • I don´t know any situation in which "iron ore" or steel wouldn´t outperform pyrite.
        • => I search for one of both, since I don´t aim for pyrite.
  • At least one "Living Planet"
    • => Aluminium Ore
  • If you really want renewable rust: at least one "Oxydized Planetoid"
    • => Rust

=> Could we mark these maps or implement a predefined filter (the import code is in the spoiler^^) to find these maps

Spoiler

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

This rule set doesn´t include renewable rust ...

PS: If I missed something in my filter rules, please correct me.

1 minute ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Ok, I assume many player will search for a map where every (possible) resource would be renewable:

• I assume at least one "Interstellar Ice" is guaranteed. [I couldn´t find a map without one]
    • => Sleet Wheat
  • I assume at least one "Metallic Asteroid" is guaranteed. [I couldn´t find a map without one]
    • => Copper

Now the important part:

• => Dasha Saltvine
    • => Chlorine
      • That´s why I prefer the planet over the vent and like to search for excatly one "Chlorine Planet" or excatly one "Chlorine Vent".
    • => Gold / Pyrite
      • Pyrite got the same material properties like copper ore just without the decor buff.
      • I don´t know any situation in which "iron ore" or steel wouldn´t outperform pyrite.

=> Could we mark these maps or implement a predefined filter (the import code is in the spoiler^^) to find these maps

Reveal hidden contents

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

PS: If I missed something in my filter rules, please correct me.

Nice! I am planning to add more verbal/user friendly descriptions of traits and asteroids, as well as resources on planets, but that will be closer to when TNI gets a game-database so I don't have to do it twice. Adding a 'what to look for' section for newbies is a good idea!

Just a couple predefined filter would be great:

• One for everything possible beeing renewable (with rust and pyritexD)
  • One for everything useful beeing renewable

[Maybe one for seeds with a combined output (polluted water, salty water, water and steam) beeing above 10kg/s or something ...]

3 hours ago, Cairath said:

Lol, now they fix it. Well, better earlier than later :p

Well, they need to fix the memory leak (preferable over fixing the modloader which ofc would also be neat) anyway before one can upload seeds en masse. It could take me only 45 seconds from starting to generate a new map to generating another one (yeah I used a stop watch, so what?~), meaning, while I was at work for ~4 hours, I could have uploaded over 300 seeds but alas at around 10 maps, ONI was stuck with 7.3GB bouncing between two values when I tried before.

Probably would upload seeds while sleeping as well since I need to keep my machine running. You know about PCs crashing when overheating? Well, mine does it too but it also and completely freezes when it was out cold. Though it depends on how loud my PC will then be (usually I restart it when I go to sleep and it can get pretty loud)

10 hours ago, Cairath said:

:D:D:D

Seriously though - there's something really odd happening with it managing mods from steam -- it worked perfectly locally, I hope it'll be fixed soon so I can get around the leak

I have had very weird mod effects.  Sometimes I get infinite "new mod" restarts, sometimes infinite "mod removed" warnings.  I tried deleting the mod from the folder, editing json and removing/adding from steam.  Some combination would fix only to break with a different mod some time later.

10 hours ago, Cairath said:

The game is memleaking quite a lot every world gen -- I reported that (again) today. I was going to make the mod restart the game every 10 maps but right now the mod loader is acting up like crazy and it didn't like it too much -- I'll revisit that idea when it's tamed and doesn't make the modloader kill itself in confusion :p

I get about 10 seeds up before a crash.

Just now, chemie said:

I have had very weird mod effects.  Sometimes I get infinite "new mod" restarts, sometimes infinite "mod removed" warnings.  I tried deleting the mod from the folder, editing json and removing/adding from steam.  Some combination would fix only to break with a different mod some time later.

Yea... I don't think there are nice words I can use to describe what I feel about how the mod loader works right now. The mod uploader crashes on me quite often, too xD

it would be great to include world trait ,especially the dislocation print pod giving the generally direction of upper side of the map or lower.(I was looking for a geoactive dislocated seed).the dislocation trait most of the time gave minor movement.

1 minute ago, badgamer123 said:

it would be great to include world trait ,especially the dislocation print pod giving the generally direction of upper side of the map or lower.(I was looking for a geoactive dislocated seed).the dislocation trait most of the time gave minor movement.

When you go to map details you can check the entire map and see where the pod is placed.

Filtering by world traits will be adding this weekend

So..question: with Klei fixing the presence of opposite traits in the world gen (e.g. metal rich metal poor), does that mean that all the current seeds will be invalid and that we should stop mining them with the addon until they push the update with the fix?

Best case: only maps with the contradicting traits will be invalid,

Likely case: all maps except for terra have to be removed,

Worst case: they change something in the worldgen and everything is oof

I will assess the damage once the patch goes live, I think it's best to hold off for now

I know this is a dumbass question and I can hear the resounding "NO YOU DOOFUS!", but once the traits stuff is implemented this weekend, will it be possible to generate maps using only selected traits?

I can't be the only one who loves Geoactive/Meta Rich/Ocean (especially when it breaks due to an... unfortunate dig and creates a biblical flood) and wishes she could shove the boulders into the boulders' own butts so that they collapse on themselves and cease to exist.

4 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

I know this is a dumbass question and I can hear the resounding "NO YOU DOOFUS!", but once the traits stuff is implemented this weekend, will it be possible to generate maps using only selected traits?

I can't be the only one who loves Geoactive/Meta Rich/Ocean (especially when it breaks due to an... unfortunate dig and creates a biblical flood) and wishes she could shove the boulders into the boulders' own butts so that they collapse on themselves and cease to exist.

You're definitely not alone! For me I'll aim at Geoactive/Volcanoes/Buried Oil for a ludicrous resource output lol

6 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

• => Sleet Wheat
    • => Copper

Now the important part:

• => Dasha Saltvine
    • => Chlorine
    • => Gold / Pyrite
  • At least one "Living Planet"
    • => Aluminium Ore
  • If you really want renewable rust: at least one "Oxydized Planetoid"
    • => Rust

renewable lead also very interesting(the melt point is so good)

1 minute ago, suxkar said:

I think the pics of hot polluted oxygen vent and polluter water vent are inverted. It's just a minor thing, unless it is the names that are inverted!

Yup, its the pictures, I'll fix it in the evening, thanks!

Archived