The Map Browser - Tools Not Included - has been updated!

1 minute ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Erruption/Dormancy numbers are all incorrect aswell. (Even the starmap is different.)

Only the output is different, other values are alright, so is the starmap (it's not ordered in the same way, horizontal ordering on the website is random)

It was just one map from that uploader, I removed it

Sounds like I'll be annoying about it but I'm guessing this works in all platforms? Not that Ill complain about it but I really dislike windows and linux is my main driver. Here's hoping you add support (i just tried and the mod doesnt seem to do anything)

Cheers

5 minutes ago, Loscil2 said:

Sounds like I'll be annoying about it but I'm guessing this works in all platforms? Not that Ill complain about it but I really dislike windows and linux is my main driver. Here's hoping you add support (i just tried and the mod doesnt seem to do anything)

Cheers

I asked you on steam but I'll ask here again: did you actually enable the mod in the mod menu? :D

4 minutes ago, Cairath said:

I asked you on steam but I'll ask here again: did you actually enable the mod in the mod menu? :D

I did!

Just did... Disregard my post youre hella awesome

But it seems that after generating one world, the game crashes to desktop. Hmm.

Just now, Cairath said:

Then I'll try to grab some linux folks later to troubleshoot, unfortunately no earlier than next week

Here's the player log, want me to raise an issue in github?

Player.log

In the meanwhile... I guess I'll use windows. Bleh, but hey, kinda want to give something back. Please if you need further help in linux don't hesitate!

Not sure if this is a game bug/leak, or mod bug/leak, but the game progressively slows down each time it generates a new map.

Eventually it becomes stuck (after ~10-15 seeds) and freezes at the point that it seems to be uploading seed data (e.g. game world has loaded in, and camera has zoomed in a bit)

4 minutes ago, Neviiir said:

Not sure if this is a game bug/leak, or mod bug/leak, but the game progressively slows down each time it generates a new map.

Eventually it becomes stuck (after ~10-15 seeds) and freezes at the point that it seems to be uploading seed data (e.g. game world has loaded in, and camera has zoomed in a bit)

The game is memleaking quite a lot every world gen -- I reported that (again) today. I was going to make the mod restart the game every 10 maps but right now the mod loader is acting up like crazy and it didn't like it too much -- I'll revisit that idea when it's tamed and doesn't make the modloader kill itself in confusion :p

Just now, Cairath said:

but right now the mod loader is acting up like crazy and it didn't like it too much -- I'll revisit that idea when it's tamed and doesn't make the modloader kill itself in confusion :p

You are trying to convince it to kill itself then pull a Jesus, without the 3 day delay too!

Just now, Yunru said:

You are trying to convince it to kill itself then pull a Jesus, without the 3 day delay too!

:D:D:D

Seriously though - there's something really odd happening with it managing mods from steam -- it worked perfectly locally, I hope it'll be fixed soon so I can get around the leak

1 minute ago, Yunru said:

Well I found it was blackholing and disabling itself, freed up a bit more RAM and now it crashes during world gen (eventually, that is), without disabling the mod O.o

its hurting itself in its confusion xD

This is awesome. If and when you have the free time, being able to pick the world traits and randomize them would be awesome.

https://mrgamesdev.itch.io/oni-world-trait-finder

Geoactive, irregular/buried oil, volcanoes; all going to be very important traits in getting high geyser/vent worlds which I think a majority of people would like to hunt and play. Thank you very much for this mod!!

1 minute ago, Fallonius said:

This is awesome. If and when you have the free time, being able to pick the world traits and randomize them would be awesome.

https://mrgamesdev.itch.io/oni-world-trait-finder

Geoactive, irregular/buried oil, volcanoes; all going to be very important traits in getting high geyser/vent worlds which I think a majority of people would like to hunt and play. Thank you very much for this mod!!

There is a more advanced trait finder on the site already: https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/world-trait-finder

Just now, Cairath said:

There is a more advanced trait finder on the site already: https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/world-trait-finder

I mean't having the mod allow us to create the games based on the seeds generated by the world trait finder. That way, we add to your repository with only those specific traits, if that makes sense. Meaning, I only want to generate maps with say the geoactive trait.

Yeah, I'm not sure how that is coded. Like the seeds are determined by the world trait finder and I just want to generate the data from those specific seeds to be uploaded to the website. Then browse through them later to find which ones have the most water/oil well possibilities for MASSIVE POWER GENERATION!!!!

2 hours ago, Neviiir said:

Try minimizing your game. I have been able to upload seeds for the last few hours by keeping it running in the background without problems so far. Seems to be a good work around so far.

5 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

It is worth mentioning that this: 

might very well screw with the world generation very much. At least the Geoactive+Geodormant Maps will have 3 more or 4 less Geysers

Lol, now they fix it. Well, better earlier late than later :p

Archived