The Map Browser - Tools Not Included - has been updated!

Hey guys!

For those of you who don't frequent the Mods subforum, I wanted to let you know that I've updated the Map Browser to the Launch Upgrade! We're starting from scratch again with close to no maps, but with amazing contributors I'm sure we'll get back to where we were before (and higher) very quickly :)

The tool: https://toolsnotincluded.net

The tool's thread: 

PSA: because of the bug linked below, to actually use the generated seeds please click 'game settings' on the asteroid choice screen. Then it will open a window in which you can manually choose the asteroid type and paste the seed number (the number part of the coordinate)

enjoy!

3 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Is there a(n easy) way to add some specific seeds to the database ?

I would love to have the following seeds added: ;)

OASIS-A-1546481484-0
OASIS-A-596856212-0
OASIS-A-1470776383-0

I will be adding an upload-list-config to the mod soon - probably during the weekend

Just now, Ellilea said:

*puts the gross boulder and such .yaml files back into the game folder*

Yuck. But fine! For the greater good! I love this tool.

mumblegrumble...

If you reduce the .yaml files, does the game generate different seeds or just a subset of the standart game seeds ?

3 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

If you reduce the .yaml files, does the game generate different seeds or just a subset of the standart game seeds ?

Same seeds will be different result with .yaml reduced

3 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

How do you guys track how many seeds are uploaded already?

You can click 'search' with all filters empty (including no asteroid filter) and it'll show you "20 out of <total>" above the list

6 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

completely different seeds - that's why I stress so much in descriptions to have the world gen perfectly "clean" - i check against modded traits but there's limits to what I can automatically verify

Omg you can deselect asteroid type! xD I'm... I should probably go to sleep or something lol. Thought one always had to be selected.

Great work on the tools and the mods and everything, your contributions make the game SO much more pleasant. Thanks for updating all the things so quickly too. Can't wait to see the grand database in a few days :) Got the tool up and running, hope it all goes well.

5 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Just started to look for a map and found something strange:

https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/map-browser/map/1956

This map claims to provide >50kg/s of salt water ... (The numbers should be wrong ...)

PS: Could you allow the search to compare the full seed string? ("LUSH-A-1914281481-0" instead of just "1914281481")

did you check it?  I mean, 150kg/s geyser would be tough to tame

8 hours ago, chemie said:

did you check it?

Partially: At least the uncovered salt water geyser doesn´t have any value in common with either of the claimed salt water geysers.

Made a mistake. (You can only apply a seed if you open the game settings ...)

Archived