What would YOU like to see in a (hypothetical) QoL 2?

SpoonyBardIV

Things to port  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Things that would benefit the game and all 3 DLCs

• Mushroom Planters
    • Marble Beans
    • Scaled Flooring
    • Scaled Furnace
    • Resource Variants (Juicy Berries, Twiggy Trees)
    • Character Refreshes
    • Skins
    • HD Textures
    • Smoldering
    • Ruins Regeneration (Doesn't need to include the Fuelweaver. Some other method could be used)
    • DST UI
  2. 2. Things that would mainly benefit RoG and Vanilla

• The Oasis
    • Customizable Caves & Ruins
    • DST Cave Generation (WAY larger maps, Bunnyman Villages, HUGE Mushtree Forests, more Light Flowers)
    • Insulated Caves (No Overheating)
    • Fleeing Volt Goats (Easier herd relocation)
    • Sandstorms
  3. 3. Things that would mainly benefit Shipwrecked

• Boat Platforms (Along with Masts, Anchors and the like)
    • Sea Stacks (For more rocks)
    • Boat Damage based on collisions rather than usage)
    • New Boat steering system
    • Bull Kelp
    • HD Ocean texture from RoT (Looks more "water like" and you can see the edge of the land fade into the water instead of just being flat)
    • Customizable Volcano
  4. 4. Things that would mainly benefit Hamlet

• Customizable Pig Ruins
    • Customizable Mant Hills
    • Customizable Cave Clefts
    • New land shape options (similar to Branch and Loop)

Since the last QoL update was a little bit of a letdown (so much hype, only for Beefalo Riding and some Bundling Wrap... jeez...), I thought that I would bring up the idea of another, more substantial QoL update to the game. With the addition of RoT, there are now more possibilities than ever to port over the little things from DST that make our lives better. What would y'all like to see the most if a QoL 2 does indeed come to fruition? Please note that I am excluding things like new bosses for 2 reasons, lore implications and the simple fact that adding entire new bosses would not really qualify as QoL. If you think I missed something in my list, tell me and I will add it in.

While I would like the idea of a second quality of life update, those suggestions have the same problem that the first QoL update had in my opinion: Almost non of those options are actually adressing small annoyances which a quality of life update should but rather just porting stuff from DST. While some stuff could be pretty easily ported, others also should be rebalanced or at least playtested a bit in singleplayer before they go live. The worst examples would of course be the broken bundling wraps and glitchy beefalo taming.

Things that I wish the first QoL update would have adressed are:

• make items not snap back into the inventory when you click on the wrong location
    (typical "bird flies before my mouse right as I wanted to plant a berry bush" thing)

• you can craft stuff with items in a boat inventory

• fix the target system for fighting
    (target the thing that was attacked before and not the nearest one instead, dont contuine attacking things when I already let go of the attack key, etc.)

• if a hat or chest item breaks auto-equip another one if a the same hat or chest item is in your inventory
    (it works for some, like football helmets, just not for all chest and hat items .... for some reason)

• add a drop item hotkey

• add a hotkey that you hold down for continuing to craft the same item instead of having to click spam

• add more map icons
    (some things really dont a reason NOT to have an icon like sandy piles or rabbit holes, Klei seems to have no problems with it since they just added an icon for spikey bushes)

• make the positon of switched equipment better (I use this mod since forever and have NO IDEA why this isnt in the base game)

Such changes would actually be QoL improvments rather than just content ports. Not that I am against those but why did Klei even call the update a QoL update when it was mostly ports instead?

Reflecting on my previous comment, I don't really think it is fair to say that Klei DOESN'T CARE about DS. They just gave us an awesome new DLC, and a lot of us got it for FREE, I might add. That said, I would still willingly pay $30 or more if they would port EVERY LAST OUNCE of DST content. Everything from ANR and RoT added to the base game, plus 2 extra DLCs for the Gorge & Forge. As it is now, the only way to access all of the awesome DST exclusive content is to deal with the issues of lag, and horrible single-player balancing *cough*Fuelweaver*cough*. Seriously. I know I'm not the only one who wants this. I could care less if Klei ever updated the game again if they did this. @Jason, @JoeW are you listening?

13 hours ago, fpx007 said:

We can already regenerate ruins via teleportato. So I think this feature is unnecessary.

Then Klei should at least confirm it as a feature, because there are some people (including myself) who don't like using exploits. Right now, Teleportato Ruins regeneration is like Fire Farms. Sure, you CAN do it, but it isn't necessarily an intended feature.

29 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Then Klei should at least confirm it as a feature, because there are some people (including myself) who don't like using exploits. Right now, Teleportato Ruins regeneration is like Fire Farms. Sure, you CAN do it, but it isn't necessarily an intended feature.

What is cheaty about creating whole new world with whole new ruins? Unless there is some exploit that regenerates only ruins, then please tell me about it.

Archived