Oxygen Not Included Has Launched!! - [356355]

12 minutes ago, Mutineer said:

I started a new map, it darn does not have bloody water, only a little bit at the start. And very little algae, I have oxygen problems.

the forest starting biome lacks both, promotting oxy-ferns as a short term solution into rust de-oxidizers

Whelp there goes the next few hundred hours of my life..... :)  Congrats on the launch ^_^

As a side, is anyone else getting a crash when clicking on tutorials in the database, for instance duplicant movement? Not a big deal for me (haven't seen it in normal journal entries so far) since I've played more than enough to not need the tutorials but I can imagine that being problematic for new players.  

734h played so far and my only regret is that i have to start new base because endgame lag is just BS and makes it unplayable :(

Can you hire some optogoblins to make FPS great again?

6 hours ago, Mutineer said:

I started a new map, it darn does not have bloody water, only a little bit at the start. And very little algae, I have oxygen problems.

Well then :) Time to explore other options for oxygen generation. Am i right ? :) 

Edited by Ashpoker

45 minutes ago, Ashpoker said:

Well then :) Time to explore other options for oxygen generation. Am i right ? :) 

Well, I am pumping 39C oxygen from deoxidizer, for a time it is working. But in time I have to solve the temperature problem. Fount a pool with 4 000 kg water so do a bit more research. Otherwise, I did not found any geezers and very little saltwater on the map. Best option probably desalinate and dump heat to a cold biome. When you dig ice, 50% disappear, when you melt all 100% become useful. My next project.

38 minutes ago, Mutineer said:

Well, I am pumping 39C oxygen from deoxidizer, for a time it is working. But in time I have to solve the temperature problem. Fount a pool with 4 000 kg water so do a bit more research. Otherwise, I did not found any geezers and very little saltwater on the map. Best option probably desalinate and dump heat to a cold biome. When you dig ice, 50% disappear, when you melt all 100% become useful. My next project.

do you have some poop water ? up to 5 dupes you can make gazillion of bottles of poop water and deodorize it :) i've done it and it was quite successful. You can also switch to plumbed bathrooms asap because you get more water from them than you put in (self sustaining bathrooms with overflow pipe).

On 7/30/2019 at 7:16 PM, woodenstars said:

"Oil floaters" "swamp lily" hmmmmm :confused:

Oil floater is a concept name for a critter, which floats on oil and poops crude oil. They changed the name in the UI, but internally they still have the concept name. This means Klei has one name for most critters and the players know them by some other names. The same for buildings, plants and likely other stuff too.

Confusing? Apparently so because the log used the wrong floater name :p

Mods

• Significant Mod changes, please refer to our upcoming post on the Mod forum.

Hey...uh...any update on that? :wilson_curious:

People are sitting on their hands waiting in the event that you guys will release a better tool than what they're making, and an update would greatly ease some of the tension.

Spoiler

Also where's all the tutorials you guys said you were going to be making a few months back? 

I understand things might have gone wrong, and stuff comes up, but I just want my little chef dupes! :wilson_cry:

• Like 1