The forgotten perk of wormwood

On 1.8.2019 at 10:27 PM, BeliarBAD said:

yay i can see all the lureplant planted at the portal already xxxD even new players without the intention to troll will plant them at portal by mistake xD

still good idea. i just hope it woudnt be like with webber players who plant evrywhere spiders

Maybe Klei could implement a way for mobs not spawning in a certain radius of the portal (so no spiders, eyes or tentacles), maybe also no smoldering/burning.

46 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

Maybe Klei could implement a way for mobs not spawning in a certain radius of the portal (so no spiders, eyes or tentacles), maybe also no smoldering/burning.

No smoldering/burning would encourage spawn bases, which is a very very big no no, for a number of reasons.

Everything else is a great idea, though.

4 hours ago, Canis said:

No smoldering/burning would encourage spawn bases, which is a very very big no no, for a number of reasons.

Everything else is a great idea, though.

It would only be a small area (with the portal in the way, they could even add some more undestructable structures around it), you wouldn't really be able to make a big base. And griefing (taking all the stuff out of the chests and ice boxes) would still be possible. So it still wouldn't be a good spot for a base (even if I had some good times in spawn bases on Klei Servers).

I like this discussion since I really felt wormwood lacked a bit with his powers, maybe during spring you could shave off the blooming plants off you to get leaves, and a few leaves and a living log can make meat bulbs! Or maybe something of wormwood being able to use the leafy bulbs as chests with 4 or 6 slots so if multiple pieces of meat or other items are taken he can just take it out like Chester! And he can give it meat like a pigman or spider to sort of send it in a "calm" state for a little bit to prevent it from digesting other materials or slow the  food spoilage in it or heck maybe once he crafts a leafy bulb he also gets at least five eye plants to place around in the plants vicinity to set a few for the leafy bulb to start out with. Now not only is it sort of making one useless creature useful but it also makes wormwood even more unique since wormwood doesnt really have any special powers only really with his mostly downsides and his penalty in spring his only main upside is making living logs and his custom trap and bramble vest and there could be so much more to a character that's a literal plant!

12 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

because he's the lonesome

Webber is called "the indigestible" and we don't see him constantly being vored, do we?

My point is, sometimes character titles can be put aside for mechanics.

Inb4 Wormwood rework is a Plants vs Zombies collab in disguise and Wormwood will be able to plant Sunflowers, Peashooters, Potato Mines, Chompers, Wall nuts, Scaredy shrooms and Bonk Choys.

Actually that's a sick hallowed nights concept. Zombified mobs frequently attack base and you gotta protect yourself with PvZ plants.

4 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Inb4 Wormwood rework is a Plants vs Zombies collab in disguise and Wormwood will be able to plant Sunflowers, Peashooters, Potato Mines, Chompers, Wall nuts, Scaredy shrooms and Bonk Choys.

Actually that's a sick hallowed nights concept. Zombified mobs frequently attack base and you gotta protect yourself with PvZ plants.

https://gyazo.com/e19bc9c9882bed0097887fc66cfdd695

Archived