mekane

All characters should eat like Warly

I would also like it if players had to rely on a larger variety of foods, but I think there would be a better way than just giving all the survivors warly's stomach and increased hunger drain.

If less food sources were available during certain seasons or time periods and crockpot recipes were more strictly defined (this means having less filler options), then players would naturally lean towards a pseudo-warly type diet because they would not always have access to a particular type of food all the time. A good example of this is to make it to where farm plots can only produce a certain rotation of foods during each season. Though changing this alone won't diversify diets in of itself.

• Like 3

Zeklo    17,248
Just now, WoodieMain45684 said:

A good example of this is to make it to where farm plots can only produce a certain rotation of foods during each season.

I like this idea as well.

• Like 3

Portmanteau    327
Posted (edited)

I'd love to see Warly's variety food perk added to everyone. It would make the game's title a bit more relevant thats for sure. Shouldn't even be too hard to make a mod for it either, as Warly had all the code for this perk moved into a neat little component called "foodmemory", that should be easy enough to add to all the characters.

A favorite food system would make a great complement to this idea as well. Perhaps whatever this food is for the character could be used as an exception to variety, so if a character loved Meatballs they could eat that whenever without ever worrying about diminishing returns. Also if it worked this way it would fix the possible issue of Wortox becoming tired of souls, as if they were just made his favorite food you wouldn't have to worry about that problem coming up!

I do agree with Zeklo though that hunger drain should remain on a character to character basis, and that only eating crockpot food should remain a Warly thing. Variety for everyone should be hard enough, and definitely better encourage a good camp chef, rather then a guy who just converts your entire fridge into Meatballs.

Edited by Portmanteau
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Portmanteau said:

A favorite food system would be a great idea as well. Perhaps whatever this food is for the character could be used as an exception to variety,

That would be really neat. and it could give some use for some lesser used foods like fish tacos and froggle bunwiches. Wilbur also kinda does something similar to this in single player with his added benefits from banana based items.

• Like 2

-Variant    4,798

I feel like eating the same thing and having penalties should apply to everyone.

If you can, why won't you eat more than meatballs? 

Otherwise I like the idea but it doesn't feel official.

• Like 1

Bird Up    713

just changing the ubiquity of berries, ice, and other fillers, while lowering/rebalancing various hunger values across the board would be better. The system works fine as is.

I don't really like the idea of having characters dislike food more times they eat, especially for healing because if this dis benefit was to great, then honey poltice/salves would increase

My suggestion for if this becomes canon is reward players for collecting resources, as they collect them a "recipe book" will give them hints on how to use the crockpot correctly and not scramble directly to the wiki.

• Like 3

AnitaCoffee    353

Depending on what you ate, you'd become nutrient deficient, potentially have a host of stomach problems, gallstones, etc. Heck, knew a guy who lived off ramen for 2 months, he had very painful bathroom trips for months after. 

Not saying I want this, but in the real world, eating the same thing over and over can 'cause issues. Especially something like meatballs. 

2 minutes ago, Pumkingthegreat said:

as they collect them a "recipe book" will give them hints on how to use the crockpot correctly and not scramble directly to the wiki.

Or just download the craft pot client mod.

• Like 1

Just now, WoodieMain45684 said:

Or just download the craft pot client mod.

It just feels less genuine and I dislike how the game gives you hints to unlock new recipes, but crockpot recipes are a total mystery

Ornge    301

I mean people will just find a list of meta foods to go through (like meatballs) and survive. The game would become even harder for new players and give experienced players a slight annoyance at best

• Thanks 2