Poll - Which character do you main?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Which character do you main?

• WILSONNN (Recently watched Cast Away)
    • Willow (This girl is on fireeeee)
    • Wolfgang (Amadeus Mozart)
    • Wendy (Fresh not frozen)
    • WX-78 (NATURE IS OVERRATED)
    • Wickerbottom (I use big words to make myself sound photosynthesis)
    • Woodie (O Canada... our home and native land!)
    • Wes (...)
    • Maxwell (Because screw having name trends)
    • Wigfrid (the öbviöus chöice)
    • Webber (Presenting everyone's favourite Marvel character... Man-Spider!)
    • Warly (That animation short...)
    • Wormwood (The sharp inhale of disgust by many ex-Warbucks players when I mentioned its name)
    • Winona (Our closest thing to Bob the Builder)
    • Wortox (Hyuyuyuyu)
    • No shoes, no shirt, no main.
    • EDIT: Modded Character

It was Maxwell at first because of being an early sanity scout for exploring caves (also love a passive combat play style).  However I eventually got tired of trying to hope there are pig skins for a helmet (public servers).  All the pig houses would be destroyed eventually due to people not understanding pig farming mechanics work ( or just be lazy).  So I went with Wigfred.  Basically became more self reliant and combat is a bit easier to deal with.  I would love to play everyone else, but by default I have gone with Wigfred lately.  Might change again in the future so who knows.

From the general numbers, I've been thinking:

Wes is understandable that does not get many votes since he's a challenge character, and Wolfgang despite being superior (stats wise), is quite hard to use correctly without becoming annoying, so he is probably an advanced players choice. I guess that's why (generally speaking) he's not seen that often at pubs (Or at least I don't see many Wolfgangs, compared to the rest of the cast).

Webber is, design wise, a very interesting and high potential character, but he becomes repetitive and dull past the early game since there's not that much you can do with the spiders at the moment, beyond making them kill eachother and repel hound waves. I hope we get to see more late game advanced Webber strats after his rework, I personally like Webber a lot and hope he becomes more versatile eventually.

I find interesting the fact that even with her rework already made, still not many people likes Winona. I suppose it could be assumed that her rework, overall, went sort of bad, or at least it didn't make her more popular in the forums community.

I mostly play Wendy or Wigfrid. I actually find Wigfrid more fun but her downsides make me never want to consider always playing her since I like eating a variety of foods even though I have no difficulty with a meat only diet. I just love the insane spider farming capabilities that Wendy has as well as her cosmetics.

6 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

From the general numbers, I've been thinking:

Wes is understandable that does not get many votes since he's a challenge character, and Wolfgang despite being superior (stats wise), is quite hard to use correctly without becoming annoying, so he is probably an advanced players choice. I guess that's why (generally speaking) he's not seen that often at pubs (Or at least I don't see many Wolfgangs, compared to the rest of the cast).

Webber is, design wise, a very interesting and high potential character, but he becomes repetitive and dull past the early game since there's not that much you can do with the spiders at the moment, beyond making them kill eachother. I hope we get to see many more late game advanced strats webbers after his rework, I personally like Webber a lot and hope he becomes more versatile eventually.

I find interesting the fact that even with her rework already made, still not many people likes Winona. I suppose it could be assumed that her rework, overall, went sort of bad, or at least it didn't make her more popular in the forums community.

i think players dont play her cause it feels cheating killing bosses with her catapults. with warly food you still have to fight the boss but with her its just placing the catapults corrrectly.

and the catapults are kinda very costly for new players and they dont know how to place them so new players avoid her for the res needed and experienced players avoid her cause you wont get any recognition for killing bosses with her.

thats maybe not the reason but a part of it. combined with her very male look as woman but not in the way like it is with wig. also winona isnt so childish and cute like wig and wendy for example. and her overall look with her skins and her machines doesnt fit quite well the dst universe.

1 minute ago, BeliarBAD said:

i think players dont play her cause it feels cheating killing bosses with her catapults. with warly food you still have to fight the boss but with her its just placing the catapults corrrectly.

and the catapults are kinda very costly for new players and they dont know how to place them so new players avoid her for the res needed and experienced players avoid her cause you wont get any recognition for killing bosses with her.

thats maybe not the reason but a part of it. combined with her very male look as woman but not in the way like it is with wig. also winona isnt so childish and cute like wig and wendy for example. and her overall look with her skins and her machines doesnt fit quite well the dst universe.

I think her looks are fine, some of her skins are great. The issue with Winona are, as you said, the catapults, and no other incentive to stay as her after they were made, or to pick her in the early game.

I'd still vote that she should be able to actually repair stuff using another of the same item half broken, and her tape. It would make her more interesting since you'd be able to use all the items for longer than anyone else, and it would be fitting with her being a handywoman. It basically means that every 2 items you leave at, at least 1% durability, and some tape, you get one new free item of that kind (out of 2 you make a single new one)

In the early game it means that you become more efficient with the basic tools and the early spears/tentacle sticks. And in the late game you can keep using thul armor or any other expensive object for longer. You will however, eventually need to craft or obtain new of those items (since out of 2 you always make 1) this only makes you a more efficient user.

Archived