Poll - Which character do you main?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Which character do you main?

• WILSONNN (Recently watched Cast Away)
    • Willow (This girl is on fireeeee)
    • Wolfgang (Amadeus Mozart)
    • Wendy (Fresh not frozen)
    • WX-78 (NATURE IS OVERRATED)
    • Wickerbottom (I use big words to make myself sound photosynthesis)
    • Woodie (O Canada... our home and native land!)
    • Wes (...)
    • Maxwell (Because screw having name trends)
    • Wigfrid (the öbviöus chöice)
    • Webber (Presenting everyone's favourite Marvel character... Man-Spider!)
    • Warly (That animation short...)
    • Wormwood (The sharp inhale of disgust by many ex-Warbucks players when I mentioned its name)
    • Winona (Our closest thing to Bob the Builder)
    • Wortox (Hyuyuyuyu)
    • No shoes, no shirt, no main.
    • EDIT: Modded Character

I'm on console so I was forced to have a main due to no being able to switch till recently. 

I started with wigfrid and got tired of her meat only thing. Then realized it's hard to gather things ; I main maxwell. 

Makes getting living log easy due to mass tree farming. Just set up a pig farm or bunny farm near and they fight the treeguards for you. Also saves durability on whatever tool is used for the shadows. 

I got good at kiting and would play with my girl who would us wigfrid due to easy armor so we always duoed all bosses that appeared. She'd tank and I'd kite if she needed to heal. 

Recently I've been using wolfang ( before warly) and I struggled early with resources since I needed to keep making tools and I was used to picking stuff up with Maxwell while the shadow copped/ mined. I guess I was spoiled. However Wolfgang is op with damage. Making fights end way quicker. 

Tl;Dr I main maxwell and have lived 3000+ days using him alone. Recently lived 700+ days with Wolfgang only. 

I don't have one single main because I don't like doing the same thing all the time, but I'm primarily a Wilson/Wortox main and secondarily a Wolfgang/Wormwood/Warly/Maxwell main. Wilson's my favourite character, I use him to represent myself among DS-playing friends, and I've logged a lot of time as him in both DS and DST, but I prefer Wortox on open servers because in addition to me being fond of his characterization and mechanics he has an easy time running away from trouble or griefers. Contrariwise I play Wolfgang a lot with my friends but I don't like playing him on open servers with a bunch of strangers where I don't know when I join whether I'll be able to get enough to eat.

I have a long-running RoG Warly save in singleplayer, but until recently I couldn't really main him in DST since only a minority of servers had the Shipwrecked Characters mod. I also quite enjoy Wormwood and DST!Maxwell (single-task, persistent shadows are so much more useful to me than DS's generalist, short-lived shadows, and in DST it's a lot easier to cheat death with your piddling 75 hp) when I'm not being one of the others.

WX main, can easly rush ruins, pretty tanky if the world gen will spawn good amount of clockworks on the overworld

and of course, walking cane + magiluminescence + ightning strike =Podobny obraz

and he's superior to other fleshlings

13 minutes ago, zoom21 said:

WX main, can easly rush ruins, pretty tanky if the world gen will spawn good amount of clockworks on the overworld

and of course, walking cane + magiluminescence + ightning strike =Podobny obraz

and he's superior to other fleshlings

WX's apex is in singleplayer. System overload+stalking stick+magiluminesence+sleek hat+coffee+row boat+(insert the name of that thing that you can craft from Turbine Blades that is dropped by Sealnado. Sorry, I didn't play SW in the past few months).

WX's apex is in singleplayer. System overload+stalking stick+magiluminesence+sleek hat+coffee+row boat+(insert the name of that thing that you can craft from Turbine Blades that is dropped by Sealnado. Sorry, I didn't play SW in the past few months).

I've never played Shipwrecked

47 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

You left me speechless for that Wes remark ! Well done you really captured his character :)

Thank you, it wasn't easy. I spent around an hour studying all his quotes and after discussing the matter with some Wes mains, I decided it captured the sheer complexity and layering of his character's dialogue and essence.

I've been finding myself playing a lot of Warley and Wormwood latley. Both of whom are properly challanging characters, and are also able to properly support there team in one way or another. 

I think I'm leaning more towards Warly though, Largley due to him somewhat putting the "starve" back into "Don't Starve", and his honey crystals being easy to get early on from the gigantic beehive and making resource collection a breeze. (seriously though, 3 hit rocks is one hell of a drug).

Mained a few so far. I get attached to different characters based on my average mood, more or less. I feel like if the Woodie update is good, I might go back to him. Been feeling that silly zen pacifism stuff lately.

...jokes about anime mods aside though, if we're talking purely gameplay, I'm typically a fan of characters with flexible mobility options in any game. Get in, do a thing, get out, keep moving. Wortox has been pretty satisfying in that regard, though...more could be done with a character more focused on that one aspect. He's definitely been my main in Starving Floor, though. I'm interested in what his Forge perk will be in the future.

5 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Is it that they love the mechanics of a character very much or don't find other characters very entertaining?

Yep, precisely. A lot of people identify and revolve all their gameplay on a specific character and rarely switch to others.

Or thats how it was before the last updates.

With all the changes to the characters and new characters coming out, its probably a weird timing to ask since people are finding new ways to play the game, as they are added. Once the dust settles and all the major changes have been made already, people will start leaning towards mains again (which may or may not match the previous ones)

Archived