Boosting Mobs With Spiced Food

Boosting Mobs  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should Warly's spiced foods boost mobs such as pigmen, spiders and bunnymen?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe only some specific spices should affect certain mobs, but not all spices.
    • Other - Comment

Simple question that I was thinking, should we be able to boost lesser mobs such as pigmen, bunnymen and/or spiders with spices? (spiders specially for webber). Considering how hard it is to mass stack those foods, would it be too OP? I'm not taking into account volt jelly, just spiced food.

I vote yes. Each defence or attack boost costs three farm crops, so it's not particularly easy to feed the players and their whole entourages with it. Honey sweetener is feasible, but only boosts work speed, which is something pigs need boosted in my opinion.

P.S. Mass producing spices for buffing follower combat is feasible if Wormwood plants a bunch of specific seeds, ideally Wickerbottom grows them quick, then Warly makes the spice. That's three support characters working together, I believe they deserve a buffed little army for their efforts.

I wouldn't consider it unreasonable if that had been the way the spiced food worked from the start, but I'm not very invested in this question one way or the other. As long as it only applies when the follower eats the food directly and isn't extended to them when the player eats the food, it's fine. (So it shouldn't be something you can apply to rock lobsters or Maxwell shadows, as the former only eat rocks and the latter don't eat.) As has been said, it'd require a large amount of crops to buff a whole army of pigs/spiders/bunnymen.

9 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

Are tamed beefalo affected? 

I don't think they are, but definitely should be. Spicing up Pigs/bunnymen would be fine only because it's so labor intensive. Spicing up a beefalo would be amazing though. They really aren't all that strong against bosses so a little worked for buff would be reasonable. 

Tamed Beefalo are not affected when you give them something like spiced dragonpie. But their damage is affected if you yourself eat spicy food, or volt goat jelly, and then mount the beefalo. Your damage effects transfer over to the beefalo you are mounting. Max damage beefalo can do 119 to a dry target and 198 to a wet target (ornery and war saddle)

23 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

Tamed Beefalo are not affected when you give them something like spiced dragonpie. But their damage is affected if you yourself eat spicy food, or volt goat jelly, and then mount the beefalo. Your damage effects transfer over to the beefalo you are mounting. Max damage beefalo can do 119 to a dry target and 198 to a wet target (ornery and war saddle)

That's pretty cool!

Just one question, isn't 66 of a tamed beefalo's max damage (50 ornery + 16 war saddle)? With the jelly that would make 99 damage to dry and 165 to wet mobs, not?

2 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

That's pretty cool!

Just one question, isn't 66 of a tamed beefalo's max damage (50 ornery + 16 war saddle)? With the jelly that would make 99 damage to dry and 165 to wet mobs, not?

I was using spiced jelly, so it increased it further by 1.2x. I think those would be the right numbers if it were unspiced.

Archived