Krill with Yotes is Instant End of Run

Prestige Level 4, first job day 3, killed in 3 rounds even though I was running a discard defensive deck.  I attached the second round that came up.  The combination of the spitter yote increasing the cost of my cards plus the little yote doing 18 damage this round and a one shot 16 on the next makes this fight pretty much impossible.  You have to be able to combo off enough cards in the first round to kill the little yote to have any chance, but the Krill is doing so much damage and the permanent cost increase of your cards is just too much to get over.  

I have had this come up 3 times, and I was dead in 3 or less rounds because the power spike of this fight is insane.  This build came out of the Shroog fight at full health, so it was not being challenged up until now.  While I could have hired a mercenary, the downsides of they only stick around for one job means that I could've hired and this not come up.  I'm fine with losing (you do that a lot in this game), but I feel that when this fight comes up, I already know that the run is over.

KrillRound2.png

I used my one per day re-roll to start the day over.  I was fighting against the Spree and breezed through the day without a challenge.  

It's not the Krill itself that is the problem; when you pair it with the yotes is when it is downright impossible in my playthroughs.

The get 1 power per hit is non sense.

If you have a combo deck, your dead. If you use counter, your dead. If you have a friend with a gun, for each 3 hit at 2 dmg, Krill gain 1 power. It stupid :(

moreover, is not alone :D

An idea : doing a 1 power per turn if hit, or like Shroog, if yup hit, Krill gain 1 power...

Day 4 wild beasts is my number one reason of death. The spitting yote price increase could also disappear after the turn. Right now, after a few turns, all your cards cost double. I don’t have much experience with the krill, but it seemed pretty difficult.

Then again, with the implementation of running away, we may not be expected to beat every single fight that comes our way. Just survive two turns.

• Developer

Very interesting feedback! I'm going to have to check to see if these observations hold out statistically in the metrics.

We do have a slight Krill nerf planned for Monday's experimental.

Spoiler

They are going to lose one power if they have any at the end of their turn.

Being able to run away does also affect the balance here, too, in ways that we don't fully understand yet. You can run, but you are forgoing the batle card (and possibly quest reward). We'll be watching the stats closely :)

That Krill is hard for sure! Killed it a couple of times (with and without yotes) but with yotes you need a complete or almost complete combat deck. Both times I was using a counterattack deck and it was touch-and-go near the end. An alpha/big hit combat deck should work as well, but if you face a Krill in the first 2 days it is more likely than not for you to end up restarting.

There are a couple of  battles that are similar in difficulty (4 admiralty with at least 1x 4-star commander) and going up solo against 3-4 thieves with power stacks and multi-hit bleeds + cleaver - all fun, but notoriously difficult to survive and near impossible early game without a solid combat deck.

I faced the Krill at the beginning of day 2, which means my deck contained barely any card. As soon as I enter the fight and read the debuff, I realized there was literally nothing I could do. My best card was the upgraded Sal-only card to 5 bleed damage, but that was it basically...

Beginning of day 2 is way too early for that beast. I wished I could run away, but no I just had to take the beat :p

6 hours ago, TheCoolestFool said:

Wild beasts are pretty hard to deal with if your not prepared. One of my favorite cards to deal with this is doomed its probably one of the most helpful cards vs anything but shroog. Extra action grafts really help in making it viable but not always needed.

Have made a run with 3 cards, combat are sooooooo easy :D

I faced Krill with yotes today. Today it was late last day, I had a beefy deck and boulder stance protecting me. I was lucky because I built a deck around discard/draw, so I was stacking up a lot of defense each turn to save me from Krill, and I had a card I kept discarding and stacked a 40 damage attack, which definitely helped

Archived