new spices gave me an idea for balance

Time for me to get yelled at :think:

Watching some new videos crop up with warlys buffs has been making me think.  specifically wolfgang i know what you all are thinking   This guy is trying to ruin our thicc man lets get him!!

But hear me out  look at how the game was initially made. Don't starve is meant to be a difficult game  And it is nice to  be able to see team synergies work  in Don't Starve Together. But, wouldn't you agree that  If the base game challenges can basically be overcome with 2 people doesn't that make it seem  a bit too much?

So my proposal to get things out of the way is  basically keep wolfgang as he is But give him a vamped up version of wormwood's trait  wolf would call it "everything is chicken" Meaning he gets no positive benefits other than food from eating.  I think this would actually be  a suitable downside to the character  since lets face it what his downside is now is pointless.

Having this as an added downside actually amplifies more of his current downside so it doesn't really change anything neccesary to the character other than how he can gain stats.

27 minutes ago, Ezaroth said:

They will eventually nerf Wolfgang once it's his turn for a character refresh.

HISSSSSS

Haha but really tho I hope the only thing that's nerfed of his current positive character aspects is his interactions with Warlys dishes. I love me some Wolfgang.

Typical MMOs simply get harder bosses as content progresses. So it's fair to have Wolfgang + whatever be broken for the current content on hand. 

However, with us the players being creative ; instead of nerfing everyone with good synergy we need tougher things or gimmicky enemies. 

This being said "oh the food buffs with "buffed" Wolfgang is op" so make the next enemy negate buffs or food buffs. Or actually ALL BUFFS TURN TO DEBUFFS , a little reverse mechanic so ppl who rely on this actually end up making their dps trash (obviously a weaker wolfgang would kind of benefit from a reverse buff, but with less health so yeah) . 

You don't automatically have to resort to a 'nerf' to correct synergies. Make smarter enemies or mechanics to make players think harder.

With this game and the abundance of resources one can make late game, someone will figure out a cheese for a boss eventually. Winona already can solo every enemy with her catapults. Now this Seems like every time a character gets a rework it's 'broken'. Maybe the devs plan on making the game harder( or harder future bosses) but after everyone is refreshed .

I actually  did some more work for not just dealing with wolf but to make the spices more relatable to the rest of. The characters other than just having each of the characters  doing 170 200 damage  and that was an adjustment to world's foods in general 

I for one don't want klei to do a power creep setup  since this isn't a mmorpg  they have put years of work in the content we have now  for all of that to become rubbish  is kind of crappy I think. I'm still hoping for shadow bosses since there is animation for the boss statues shaking

But here is  a  suggestion  to the damage and jelly foods that I think makes it seem more balanced  

I like the flat damage upgrade idea for the spices people have been posting  I'm thinking 1 7 damage points would be perfect since it would pass many damage thresholds for many common weapons for all characters
Spear 36 53  for standard characters 26 -43  lowers the hit ratio by 1 which is pretty good honestly  axe becomes spear spike to darksword
And that also means characters with damage buffs don't benifits as much
I kind of like that more makes it  useful to all

They still get one less hit
Axe 21 spear 26 wiggy spear morning star 33   spike 39  ham 46 darksword 51
38. 43 wig spear 50 spike 56 ham 63 dsword 68
So it deals with the pesky 200 hp multiple enemies like terrors and bunny men
Unlike how war beef does with only 66
And everyone does one less hit
Because if you notice  almost each weapons take into account the  lower dmg characters so they stay in certain thresholds
And also how weapons have basically one tier lower dmg
Darksword  68 51
Spike 51 38 
Spear 36 26
Axe 26 21
And I would think make it so you can only have one buff at a time
So can't stack
Either choose electric or pepper
Pepper being more available  for sure
And change the  amount of electric to 1.5 like how the morning star and darts are
But make those weapons stack with the buff
For a x3 on wet
Well I may be doing the  math wrong
Cause base damage is 27.2 plus the 1.5 electric  for 42.hguffcjb
Maybe with both make the electricity with morning stars and darts to x2 instead of 1.5
Correct me  if I'm wrong but that would be pretty good for all
But is guess

For Wolfgang to get a nerf of this kind he should get something "better" to compensate, otherwise most people will be pissed off. I'm sure Klei could come up with something cool for him, but overall, I agree with BeliarBAD

45 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

i dont think they gonna nerf any char. 

Even if nerfing could be a thing, I'd go for a mild solution: Wolfgang specifically requires a different calculation on how much spiced food and volt jelly amplifies his power, to a point where he still is much better than the other characters, but just not outright broken. Being able to beat bosses and enemies in general, a lot faster, is what makes Wolfgang fun to most people.

Other than that, I hope they keep the values and the spices stacking the same honestly. It makes Warly a layered character that requires a lot of organized gameplay and knowledge to be able to play right, and if you do, you get awesome rewards. And is that sense of accomplishment what people seeks in characters, I believe.

As for the difficulty needs, in later patches we will most likely get new enemies adapted to the new power levels, and probably improved old enemies.

4 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

For Wolfgang to get a nerf of this kind he should get something "better" to compensate, otherwise most people will be pissed off. I'm sure Klei could come up with something cool for him, but overall, I agree with BeliarBAD

Even if nerfing could be a thing, I'd go for a mild solution: Wolfgang specifically requires a different calculation on how much spiced food and volt jelly amplifies his power, to a point where he still is much better than the other characters, but just not outright broken. Being able to beat bosses and enemies in general, a lot faster, is what makes Wolfgang fun to most people.

Other than that, I hope they keep the values and the spices stacking the same honestly. It makes Warly a layered character that requires a lot of organized gameplay and knowledge to be able to play right, and if you do, you get awesome rewards. And is that sense of accomplishment what people seeks in characters, I believe.

As for the difficulty needs, in later patches we will most likely get new enemies adapted to the new power levels, and probably improved old enemies.

i agree with evrything its just 2 wolfgangs killing misery toad in under 1 min is not fun.

i totally agree he needs to keep his power being the strongest. its just bit to much. actually not just a bit. its way to much how strong he is now. 

i never had a problem as wig when there is a wolfgang. i was always happy. now i feel like he makes me completely useless. killing dragonfly with wolf and wig was a good thing. now why should a woilfgang ask a wig to join in the fight. he can just go there and kill dfly. 

you know when you say to your team next morning we go and kill dfly and evryone agrees. next morning you wont be at dfly cause always someone needs just to cook something quick or just to get quick some more armor. you always have to wait and its taking forever till evryone is finally ready. but you always had to wait no matter which char you are and what equipment you have cause the fights took long and more players were needed.

but now a wolfgang can just go in the morning and before all others are ready hes back with the loot. so its much more efficient not to play as a team. theoreticly evrything sounds the game gets more team elements but in real you just need 1 wortox and wolfgang. or 1 warly and wolfgang. wolfgang breaks evrything. im afraid people wont wait anymore for the team cause its much more faster to go as 2 players or solo if wolfgang is involted.

for example if we are 2 wigs with warly buffs its still very good if 2 wilsons join with warly buffs. but as 2 wolfgangs with warly buffs you dont need the help of 2 wilsons... even not the help of 2 wigs

I've said it in other posts. 

You don't start a new game with a megabase and warly with all recipes...

You have to grind it out. 

Now if you're just spawining things in the game for yourself, then yeah, Of course it's broken. But good luck beating dfly with warly buffs as a speed run lol. U better pray rng is on your side with the farm. 

2 hours ago, Simplyee said:

Now if you're just spawining things in the game for yourself, then yeah, Of course it's broken. But good luck beating dfly with warly buffs as a speed run lol. U better pray rng is on your side with the farm. 

But the only op recipe imo is the volt goat mousse, and it doesn't require any veggie at all. 20% dmg from chili spice is negligible.

5 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

i dont think they gonna nerf any char. just think about it. people have already their fave chars and doing so would make a lot people angry.

Okay, we are on the same side...

5 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

i would love to see wolfgangs damage gets nerfed

but you just said that you don't like nerfing characters, so what is it?

11 hours ago, Simplyee said:

evrything is fine with warly. just wolfgang 600 damage per hit is to much. they kill misery toadstool in under 1 min

9 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Okay, we are on the same side...

but you just said that you don't like nerfing characters, so what is it?

man now i have to teach you your own language? where do you see i said i dont like chars get nerfed? ;)

Archived