Darkin Coaled    176
1 hour ago, Ellilea said:

I want to see people suffer properly.

We want to suffer properly. I was so bummed out after finding I had around 400tons of water on volcanea...

Satyrical364    59
2 hours ago, OxCD said:

Dups not finishing meals and chucking it out on the floor is awful... It's been a long time like this, could we hope for a patch... ?

I found that putting a bathtime segment before breaktime prevents this from happening. They will all use the bathroom first and then proceed to eat. If you don't have enough "facilities" to accomodate everyone at the same time, just create additional schedules offset by one or two squares from eachother so that your dupes will stagger use of the "facilities."

Edited by Satyrical364
  • Like 4

Ashpoker    33
4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Ladder/Tile building replacement has been removed for launch

Why tho ? I would really like an answer (no joke). This is such a monumental QoL feature that my head just can't process why would this be removed. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

ordith    5
1 minute ago, Ashpoker said:

Why tho ? I would really like an answer (no joke). This is such a monumental QoL feature that my head just can't process why would this be removed. 

It was bugged and did not work properly. It broke some things related to space biome.

• Like 2

Nightinggale    968
2 minutes ago, Ashpoker said:

Read the comments in the last patch thread. People complained about a bunch of bugs that it caused. The quick solution to the bugs is to remove the feature and with respect to the Launch date, the quick solution is the way to go. We will likely see the return of this feature once they have had time to fix the bugs.

EDIT: too late :p

1 minute ago, ordith said:

It broke some things related to space biome.

It broke heavy wires behind ladders, drywall and some other stuff. I think it was 3 or 4 different bugs, all of them too severe to ignore.

Edited by Nightinggale
  • Like 1

Ashpoker    33
Just now, ordith said:

It was bugged and did not work properly

Since when ? True i wasn't playing for the last 4 days (cuz i was gone) but it worked just fine forever.

ordith    5
Just now, Ashpoker said:

Since when ? True i wasn't playing for the last 4 days (cuz i was gone) but it worked just fine forever.

They literally broke it yesterday and within 1 hour said they would revert today. Look at the thread for yesterday's patch.

• Like 2

Tisamon    17

The ability to paint ladders over tiles prevented you from running heavy watt wire or drywall behind ladders

Edited by Tisamon

dereq    13
6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Muckroots and Hexalents count as 'wild plants' for parks and nature reserves

Too bad Meep, Hassan and Travaldo already ate all the muckroot in the asteroid.

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Ladder/Tile building replacement has been removed for launch

On a serious note though, will you guys implement this back? I know there are a lot of people that opposed this in the first place but I IMHO convenience is more important than a possible "human missclick" as time is really valuable . Implement it back when is fixed please.

• Sad 1

Lilalaunekuh    848
3 hours ago, Satyrical364 said:

I found that putting a bathtime segment before breaktime prevents this from happening. They will all use the bathroom first and then proceed to eat.

You miss a huge implication here:

Bathtime: Use the Bathroom if the bladder stat is at least 50% afterwards consider the rest of the time slot as worktime.

=> Bathtime before downtime will result in some duplicant relieving themselves, running some secconds towards a work time task, till they drop everything to had back for the down time(/to eat).

[Better use bathtime before the some worktime.]

PS: Please klei change the info text of plastic or really implement a higher die-off rate for germs on plastic.

(It is really confusing and tempting for new players to use plastic, till they notice the feature is missing^^)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 4

Satyrical364    59
4 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

You miss a huge implication here:

Bathtime: Use the Bathroom if the bladder stat is at least 50% afterwards consider the rest of the time slot as worktime.

=> Bathtime before downtime will result in some duplicant relieving themselves, running some secconds towards a work time task, till they drop everything to had back for the down time(/to eat).

[Better use bathtime before the some worktime.]

I couldn't disagree more and I certainly haven't missed that at all. 

If you actually try this you will see that the duplicants very rarely get outside the bathroom front door before mealtime hits, sometimes they might get a few tiles down or up the ladder outside, but then mealtime hits. This is a non-issue and putting bathtime before worktime results in more lost productive time than putting it prior to breaktime because meals are dropped which later need to be swept.

If you use the schedule method I mention, you can also cut down to just one block of sleep time for even greater productivity as they will always be done eating by the end of breaktime.

• Like 1

Lilalaunekuh    848

Ok, I did quite some excessive testing with my schedule. Here are some info about my base/playstyle:

• I go for up to 24 duplicants in my bases.
  • All duplicants have their own schedule shifted by on time slot.
  • I play on ravanging hunger. (So I need more time for my duplicants to eat^^.)
  • I have a "core" base with all the rooms and always use suits outside.

It´s not uncommon for my duplicants to come back to late after work. (1-2 time slots to late^^)

1 minute ago, Satyrical364 said:

If you actually try this you will see that the duplicants very rarely get outside the bathroom front door before mealtime hits,

=> Bathtime before downtime will result in a duplicant taking blocking a task running a few seconds towards it and going to eat something.

The lost secconds are mostly a non issue, even if the lost time accumulates over a longer game.

But the blocking of a task is very harmfull if not all duplicant run the same work time schedule. (Which should be close to what you advertised.)

16 minutes ago, Satyrical364 said:

because meals are dropped which later need to be swept.

I tried both ways and my duplicants commonly dropped some food after they finished their meal. (Not sure if ravanging hunger changes something.)

=> If you show me how I could really prevent them from dropping their food, I am happy to learn something new.

[But the nature of my schedule prevents most food from staying on the floor for a prolonged time^^]

• Like 1

Satyrical364    59
19 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

It´s not uncommon for my duplicants to come back to late after work. (1-2 time slots to late^^)

=> Bathtime before downtime will result in a duplicant taking blocking a task running a few seconds towards it and going to eat something.

But the blocking of a task is very harmfull if not all duplicant run the same work time schedule. (Which should be close to what you advertised.)

I tried both ways and my duplicants commonly dropped some food after they finished their meal. (Not sure if ravanging hunger changes something.)

To tasks being blocked, I wonder why this would be considered very harmful? To me, even a few lost seconds are more than made up for by the increased efficiency of the downtime. Most of the "running a few seconds towards a task" is taken up while washing hands and exiting the lavatory, and whatever tasks were blocked will be taken up very quickly thereafter if you have enough dupes. 

I haven't noticed anyone dropping food but it could be due to the long commute times you have or some bug with a certain type of food where they pick up more than they can eat. I have recently tried a game on ravaging hunger and nobody dropped any food after finishing their meals. 

If they come back too late, this is where you can make things more efficient with tubes to speed return for break-time, or otherwise make the break-time longer. Long atmo-suit excursions have been known to cause some of my dupes to miss break-time entirely and only eat when they begin to starve, which was quite annoying, but there are ways to address it.

Lilalaunekuh    848
2 minutes ago, Satyrical364 said:

To tasks being blocked, I wonder why this would be considered very harmful?

Blocking a task can be just some lost secconds or have a very huge impact:

Consider something like a dig/build order for a distant corridor:

Spoiler
  • Your duplicant will have to dig up a row of tiles.
  • One duplicant is digging. (Call him Meep)
  • After Meep dug out a tile, the next exposed tile will be available as a dig task.
  • Now an other duplicant takes the task between bath and downtime (Call him Abe).
  • Meanwhile will Meep run out of tasks at the workside.

=> Meep will see no workable task and head back (or take an other distant task.)

[Even if Abe just moved some ladders up/down and never came close to the blocked tasks, he made meep run across the whole map at least twice ...]

Or if abe blocks an delivery task for a building ... (Other duplicants may pick up enough materials to supply more than one planned building.)

=> It´s not about the time the duplicant itself loses, but more about how other duplicants react.

13 minutes ago, Satyrical364 said:

by the increased efficiency of the downtime.

The only thing increasing the efficiency that my duplicants going for the bathroom before the downtime, which results in my duplicants beeing closer to the important rooms for the downtime.

Downtime efficiency isn´t really a good measurement, let´s take worktime efficiency instead.

Asuming my duplicants will not block a task after using the bathroom, isn´t an additional slot of downtime doing the same for the work efficiency as an slot of bathtime right before the downtime ?

There are just 2 reasons to use bathtime at all:

1. You want your duplicants to relief themselves with even with a low bladder stat (>=50%).
  2. You want your duplicants to start working right after doing their business.

=> If nothing of this is of any interest to you, why not just use an additional block of downtime ?

[And gain a little permenant morale boost.]

• Like 2

OxCD    467

@Satyrical364 @Lilalaunekuh I don't thing the planning or the time they have to eat is the issue. In this base, I've one dup who nearly-always let some food on the floor, and another one who can do same occasionally. I don't remember the occasional one, but the first one is a machinist, that does mean he doesn't go that far in the map, and anyways he doesn't go as far as my diggers, who moreover sometimes ended-up stuck somewhere because they are dumb. He also has the same schedule that 3 other dups (my planning is organized in 8 identical schedules shifted in a linear way & I've nearly 24 dups), but he is the only one that almost always let some rest on the floor. His traits have nothing to deal with the stomach, if you're wondering.

It could be the schedule, but if it is, it should be because of a bug, not a design.

Edited by OxCD
  • Thanks 1

DarkMaster13    224
1 hour ago, AliVaja said:

What does this mean exactly?

They experimented with something that let you build ladders directly over tiles without having to deconstruct the tile first.  However it caused some fairly serious unexpected bugs that they do not have time to fix before release.  So they undid the change.

chemie    665
10 hours ago, Satyrical364 said:

I found that putting a bathtime segment before breaktime prevents this from happening. They will all use the bathroom first and then proceed to eat. If you don't have enough "facilities" to accomodate everyone at the same time, just create additional schedules offset by one or two squares from eachother so that your dupes will stagger use of the "facilities."

No need for bath time at all.  They use the facilities on the first break time anyway

• Like 1

Yunru    1,140
10 hours ago, Ashpoker said:

It... wasn't implemented 4 days ago though?

43 minutes ago, chemie said:

No need for bath time at all.  They use the facilities on the first break time anyway

I always use bathtime (in place of work)!

Much better early game.

chemie    665
48 minutes ago, Yunru said:

It... wasn't implemented 4 days ago though?

I always use bathtime (in place of work)!

Much better early game.

You get the morale for that extra break time in place of bathtime

• Like 3

nakomaru    1,433

Make your kitchen and great hall filled with chlorine and wear suits. No more problems with dropped food. :)

• Like 1

I got a huuuuuge performance drop from this update. 

Edit: After reloading the map it is smooth again, for some reason the first load was really chunky from the start but it is much better now.

Edit 2: After only about a cycle we are back to single digit framerates, has anyone else had this issue?

Edited by bonzaiferroni
  • Like 1

Lilalaunekuh    848
16 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

More colony initiatives added

My base seems exlude from the "oxygen not occluded" achievment.

I tried to fulfill it real quick: 6 full time running electrolyzers running to 6 vents.

=> 10 cycles and over 25.000kg oxygen later, the only thing the colony screen had to offer me was a hard crash ... (hungry blackhole)

[And "super sustainable" should be achieved aswell, never did I build any other generator than a manual/hydrogen or turbine...]

Satyrical364    59
3 hours ago, chemie said:

Yes, but they will often try to eat first and leave half a meal on the ground, and then go grab new food afterward and finish eating. We are trying to prevent that.

• Like 1