[Game Update] - 355385

10 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Quick question - i'm confused about the wiring change (and whether you're including the wiring fix in this *drywall conflict*)

If you're rolling back the drywall conflict, then you're saying that ladders aren't considered as solid tiles surely?

If they're not solid tiles, we should be able to run heavy watt through them.

Other than that, excellent work on the ladder replacement, long overdue and very welcome fix. xox

It’s unclear whether you know “rollback” here refers to the ladder replacing tile feature. They are going to make it so that ladders can no longer replace tiles, which means the odd ladder bugs will be gone, but so will the feature. This is why they say that they’ll, “come back to this one later” (TM) since the feature is more tough than they realized.

1 minute ago, Nickerooni said:

It’s unclear whether you know “rollback” here refers to the ladder replacing tile feature. They are going to make it so that ladders can no longer replace tiles, which means the odd ladder bugs will be gone, but so will the feature. This is why they say that they’ll, “come back to this one later” (TM) since the feature is more tough than they realized.

That is exactly why i'm trying to clarify now - otherwise we may have the same fix in the future without considering/checking the full implications again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I read the rollback as removing the new feature. It might come back later, but 4 days prior to release (including weekend) doesn't seem like the right time to add new stuff, which breaks other stuff. Right now should be dedicated to fixing the destructive and/or annoying bugs, which preferably would never be in a stable release. Everything on the "nice to have" list should wait until after the release.

1 minute ago, melquiades said:

You really believe it will be ready in 4 days?

I believe they will be releasing on the 30th like they announced. If you, me or some other forum user feel like it's ready to leave EA is an entirely different question. I feel like it's pointless to debate that part now that the 30th have been decided and announced.

3 minutes ago, melquiades said:

I just wish they focus on mod support so we can fix the broken/missing stuff for them already.

We can mod a lot and there are mods, which fixes issues. The coal generator delivery fixes comes to mind. However unlike Rimworld, ONI haven't merged in any mods so far.

I sure hope modding support will be improved because right now while modders can do a lot, it's very technically difficult to do so. I'm under the impression that the current goal is Launch and Launch gameplay fixes takes up all the manpower, leaving nothing or near nothing for modding. I imagine better support for modders could be a big thing post Launch.

I wouldn't like the path of relying on mods for tasks, which should be done in the game, like bugfixes. Casual players wouldn't know which mods to load and usually skip mods entirely for a while. Bugfixes with mods is good, but the fixes should make it into the game for the following release.

10 hours ago, DarkMaster13 said:

Secondly is how crippling the lack of gold is on The Badlands and Arboria in the late game (unless you get a gold volcano or a world trait that gives gold like geodes). In fact, the bulk of the difficulty of those starts is mainly from you not having any gold on the map.....

Either adding some special source of gold for those maps or an alternative method of producing it from the oxylite refineries would be the quickest and dirtiest fix until there's time to implement a better solution.

I have another suggestion. Firstly they should make the Oxylite refinery able to use metals other than gold, similar to how they changed atmo suits only being built out of copper.

Second, currently we can use any of the ores or steel to build machinery. Why can we not use other refined metals to build machinery? If they simply allow us to build machinery out of refined copper or aluminum, the absence of slime biome and gold would not be game-breaking.

Edit: I am referring, of course, to buildings like the liquid pump, gas pump, aquatuner

Edited by Satyrical364

3 minutes ago, Satyrical364 said:

the absence of slime biome and gold would not be game-breaking.

Outside of not being able to produce super coolant on these two asteroids, the lack of gold amalgam is light years away from being game-breaking.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Satyrical364 said:

Second, currently we can use any of the ores or steel to build machinery. Why can we not use other refined metals to build machinery?

Edit: I am referring, of course, to buildings like the liquid pump, gas pump, aquatuner

There is a mod for that. I use it and haven't noticed any unintended sideeffects. In fact nobody has reported sideeffects so far and the mod is nearly a year old.

2 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

There is a mod for that. I use it and haven't noticed any unintended sideeffects. In fact nobody has reported sideeffects so far and the mod is nearly a year old.

Amazing. I scratch my head that Klei has not made this a normal feature yet.

46 minutes ago, Satyrical364 said:

Second, currently we can use any of the ores or steel to build machinery. Why can we not use other refined metals to build machinery? If they simply allow us to build machinery out of refined copper or aluminum, the absence of slime biome and gold would not be game-breaking.

For the life of me, I can't understand why this hasn't been already implemented.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, abud said:

What are you trying to do? Make them rest in medical bed? Or you want to cure someone else? Screenshot at least will help.

I meant this:

image.thumb.png.ba4e4b76710a0cb54d9bbe7083220b9d.png

This is medical bed (triage cot), so tooltip is clearly wrong - it doesn't assign skills. It should be something like "In perfect health" or "has no injuries".

Also I feel like all those medicines should be applied while on the triage cot, not eaten personally, and shouldn't have immediate effect.

P.S. Something is clearly wrong with sweep errands, I have sweep only free storage that accepts all seeds, seed with yellow alert sweep errand, and nobody picks the seed up.

Edited by AndreyKl
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, AndreyKl said:

This is medical bed (triage cot), so tooltip is clearly wrong - it doesn't assign skills. It should be something like "In perfect health" or "has no injuries".

You're right there. Probably better to post it in bug report.

13 minutes ago, AndreyKl said:

Something is clearly wrong with sweep errands, I have sweep only free storage that accepts all seeds, seed with yellow alert sweep errand, and nobody picks the seed up.

Yeah. That is ... because errand actually on compactor instead of on debris. Check errand tab on destination compactor and you can modify priority to alert there instead.

ps: Probably you better make your own thread for each question. It also will help others that have the same question as yours

And to prevent someone yells at me, "don't bump up older update post!"

Edited by abud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AndreyKl said:

Also I feel like all those medicines should be applied while on the triage cot, not eaten personally, and shouldn't have immediate effect.

I agree with you on both points.

• Like 1