Warly is Now Available in DST!

5 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

How will we even be able to reskin the moon callers staff? It isn’t constructed by us. 

Code could look something like this:

Star caller

If moon event change

then

If  star caller staff skinned with X

Then

Make moon caller staff with skin X

If  star caller staff skinned with Y

Then

Make moon caller staff with skin Y

Else

make moon caller staff(no skin)

3 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

How will we even be able to reskin the moon callers staff? It isn’t constructed by us. 

It's my understanding that if you do the moon event with skinned star caller it'll become skinned mooncaller. As you might have noticed from the portrait, it's not a separate drop but it comes alongside starcaller. That's great, first time they are giving a skin to a noncraftable

Am I the only one who thinks it's Warly's mom, not his grandma?

I mean, he's a full grown adult, isn't he?

And we see a picture with a baby being held by her when she's much much younger, and her husband is there, pretty sure the baby is Warly. Not that it changes the message or impact of it,  but I'm surprised everyone is assuming it's a grandma. :?

Edit: didn't read the whole thread at first, but still a lot of people saying grandma 

1 hour ago, Astorica said:

And we see a picture with a baby being held by her when she's much much younger, and her husband is there, pretty sure the baby is Warly. Not that it changes the message or impact of it,  but I'm surprised everyone is assuming it's a grandma. :?

Edit: didn't read the whole thread at first, but still a lot of people saying grandma 

If I'm not mistaken "Maman" (in the video's description) means mom/mum/mother/mama in french.

6 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Skin the Star caller staff, pop it into the moon thing, do the ritual, when it's finished the new Moon Caller Staff will be skinned.

Spoiler

image.png.0822fa4df1e949e516a7bf216a690824.png

Can I just mention how I find it slightly hilarious that the majority of the pictures for Taste of Home on the wiki is just... Warly becoming progressively sadder and sadder and disappearing? Like.. almost every frame of it. Is there something wrong with me? Help me

On 26/7/2019 at 11:00 AM, fimmatek said:

Warly is only in the live branch yet, not in the beta.

Edit: the devs said at the stream that he'll come to the beta, but they still need to work on it.

Question: beta is for DS?(i mean the solo player) or there is a DST  beta? Is it coming the new recipes to solo play Dont Starve?

1 hour ago, r0b1n92 said:

Question: beta is for DS?(i mean the solo player) or there is a DST  beta? Is it coming the new recipes to solo play Dont Starve?

The new recipes aren't currently coming to DS.

The Beta is RoT, currently in ToT, which is for DST only. There is no on going DS beta right now.

2 hours ago, r0b1n92 said:

As -Variant said, DST has a beta but not DS, and probably the stuff in it will remain only in DST. It's called Turn of Tides (ToT) which is part of the new update-series Return on Them (RoT) (similarily to the A New Reign updates a few years ago). You can read more about here:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/106175-upcoming-content-beta-and-roadmap-update/

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/106156-how-to-opt-in-to-return-of-them-beta-for-dont-starve-together/

(Yes, it has a separate sub-forum)

Btw, since my last post Warly was added to the beta too.

On 27/07/2019 at 12:57 AM, Zeklo said:

If I'm not mistaken "Maman" (in the video's description) means mom/mum/mother/mama in french.

"Maman" means "mom". I think he would use "mamie" or "grand mère" if she was her grand mother. I think she's his mother (as he is now an adult and the woman should have grown too).

On 26.07.2019 at 11:07 PM, Astorica said:

yes she is his mother . Warly's use word "maman" mean "mother" in many quotes and in description of Warly's short was used this word.

On 7/25/2019 at 8:29 PM, JoeW said:

...enjoy Woodie when his refresh comes to DST early September.

No morning afternoon Woodie news, no glory of The Beaver.. hype?! Heh.

If not today, should we expect tomorrow/Friday some snippets regarding everybody's favorite Canadian furry-man new specs?

That would be jolly-wonderful with some maple syrup on top *thumbs-up*

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The only thing I hate about Warly is that other players can set his portable crockpot on fire burning it to ashes.. not cool man, not cool.

Well people can do that to Winona's Catapults, Wickerbottom's books etc. too. I think making his appliences susceptible to hammeeing and burning was a better route then make them only interactable as Warly, which would have nade warly build indestructable pieces on board; never good

On 9/18/2019 at 5:27 PM, SinancoTheBest said:

Well people can do that to Winona's Catapults, Wickerbottom's books etc. too. I think making his appliences susceptible to hammeeing and burning was a better route then make them only interactable as Warly, which would have nade warly build indestructable pieces on board; never good

Well yeah when you put it that way, it makes sense why it can be burned, but from a realistic standing point- a cast iron cocking pot isn’t going to burn away into ashes when someone catches it on fire.

i also bring up the point because Bernie, Willows Lighter, Wigfrids Helmet And Battle Spear & Wendy’s Abigail Flower can all not be burned, but poor Warly is subject to trolling. 

Archived