Warly is Now Available in DST!

Just now, Cosheeta said:

BUT
BUT THE TITLE OF THE GAME

NOO

I mean there are lots of depressing things happening in the animations; Willow burnt an orphanage ( propably WITH the orphans ), The Voxola factory must have had more than 5 employees, Wormwood is an outcast, Wortox hates himself for losing a friend and Warly's grandma will propably starve since the only closest person is gone ( Papa propably died in an accident )

Well Warly's become everything I would have wanted out of a Billy character. Shame since I like the goat aesthetic.
Looking forward to the next roadmap post. Particularly involving what's going on with RoT, and the next new DLC character.

You may have just released Warly, Klei, but our expectations never end. No seriously though, great job.

Spoiler

I think the short is just a flashback of the granny, remembering the happy old times when Warly was at her house, before Maxwell kidnapped him. He brought light, colors, music and life to her through his presence and food. The gray blurriness just represents the depression of his absence.

But that's my take on it 

The gramophone! Maxwell arch-enemy!

Really liked the video it was so endearing, also the end of it. How because Warly is in DS/DST world now ,she is all alone now. I love that creepy/dark feel about DS/DST.

Oh god, the tears! I love the short so much.

Thank you, Klei for putting in so much effort and making this game so awesome. 

Also perfect timing on Woodie refresh! :D

1 hour ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

I was not expecting depression today

I was, but then I always am.  Oh you mean from the short.  Yeah, that thing is a GUT-PUNCH.

1 hour ago, artistcrab said:

what timeline is he in @JoeW  i love to knowX3

YES I was trying to figure that out the entire time too.  Also, _where_ he was.  I always guessed roughly "New Orleans" because of his cuisine, appearance and...Frenchness, but that looked more islandy.  Haiti, maybe?  Somewhere in the Caribbean?

53 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Did Klei have Pixar direct this new short? That's about as sad as it gets man. Warly's father has passed, his poor mother is debilitated by Alzheimers, and with Warly vanished she presumably dies confused and alone. Jeez...

Yeah, that is...wow.  So beautiful and happy for one second, as she eats the food! and then...back...to...

My dad died of Alzheimer's.  Creepiest, saddest disease ever.

(brightly)  So, how's everyone's day going?  Good, good...

...Notorious

Archived