[Game Update] - 355043

28 minutes ago, bobucles said:

It's also a problem that can be solved by scale, sending 10+ rockets flying around at once.

Either that or tending to other projects while the rockets do their thing.

If anyone is wondering, Pips now consume 0.4 kg of wood, so it's a 33% increase. The important change though:

20190724220739_1.jpg.2888f911121f1cfecb1a1cbd00031752.jpg

0.4 * 50 = 20kg of dirt per pip poop. Say hello to simple and sustainable dirt production.

Edited by Wild Marker
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Gunhaver said:

When it says traits are disabled for default astroid; does that mean all astroids, or the original one we all played? Sorry about the empty post, I'm on my tablet and I can't figure out how to delete it...

The first asteroid, Terra, will not spawn any Traits.  All other asteroids still do.

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Fix bug where gasses could merge and convert types if two gasses tried moving into a vacuum cell on the same tick. :|:|:|:|:|:|:|

that means oxygen generators like OPOM, SPOM, PASSPOM and SPHM are fully broken now?

2 hours ago, sktzofreak101 said:

If I may make a suggestion Klei, instead of disabling the traits for the basic asteroid please allow us a tick box to enable/disable the trait generation. This allows us to play with the feature if we want to and to not if we don't. Preferably it would be an option for all the asteroids, giving us a clean "default" for each map style.

This would also be more compatible with future modded traits than the current system is. Random rolls actually punish the player for having a larger pool of traits and make trying to play with some combination of modded traits close to impossible.

• Like 3

I know, that I may repeat myself, but this UI is just bugging me:

f.thumb.png.b48a6b82521ff414f5f5293d134c327d.png

The jet suit docks shows to have a "Filtered Output Pipe", but it´s just a petroleum intake.

=> A jet suit dock should show a "Building Intake" symbol in the plumping overlay.

[Not sure how this could stay in the game for that long. Or does nobody like jet suits ?]

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 3

Random traits, random dupe interests, random seeds. This is how you get mods like dupe editor, careful planning(ok just wishing for that one) and web sites that show world traits/geysers per seed. Could save us a lot of trouble by just putting a custom option and a map preview. Preview could just be a biome overlay and geyser count.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

I thought they were for a bit...so which one takes precedent?

Does it matter which factor in a multiplication comes first? Likewise with geodormant and geoactive it does not matter whether it is +4-3 or -3+4~

In any event, I'm greedy and would be glad if there was another few patches like this before the 30th. Please increase the amount of space destinations and make some more set as certain spawn, thank you! Also Slicksters, they now pretty much are the least desirable critter and with Shove Voles and Shine Bugs this means much.

4 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

Does it matter which factor in a multiplication comes first? Likewise with geodormant and geoactive it does not matter whether it is +4-3 or -3+4~

Except that's not how it should be. Something has to take precedence otherwise they both cancel each other out and at that point why even bother.

So am I getting more metal, less metal, or the same amount of metal? That's the question. And that's why it matters.

4 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Except that's not how it should be. Something has to take precedence otherwise they both cancel each other out and at that point why even bother.

So am I getting more metal, less metal, or the same amount of metal? That's the question. And that's why it matters.

Like Geoactive / Geodormant, the positive trait has a greater magnitude than the negative trait, which means if you add them both, you net slightly positive. I think it's 20% more?

According to the wiki, Metal Rich = 200% mass and 150% bandsize. Metal Poor is 80% to both. So if you have both "Metal Rich" and "Metal Poor" you get 160% mass and 120% bandsize. (Still a net increase)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Well, you get more metal than usual but less metal than with rich, the factors are x2 mass and x1.5 bandsize and x0.8 mass and bandsize

Of course in the first place they should be mutually exclusive but the trait system does not allow for that. The question one should indeed ask is "why bother (changing the trait system)", though not "why bother (getting both traits)" since actually, if traits could cancel each other out, they could be used to create worlds without traits. The seed browser could indeed give one seeds soon which only have geoactive and dormant, having only one random geyser more 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I know, that I may repeat myself, but this UI is just bugging me:

f.thumb.png.b48a6b82521ff414f5f5293d134c327d.png

The jet suit docks shows to have a "Filtered Output Pipe", but it´s just a petroleum intake.

=> A jet suit dock should show a "Building Intake" symbol in the plumping overlay.

[Not sure how this could stay in the game for that long. Or does nobody like jet suits ?]

The problem is that each building can have 4 pipes: primary input, secondary input, primary output and secondary output.

The jet suit dock has a primary input, which is oxygen (gas). This means petroleum has to use the secondary input because the primary input is already in use. As a result it will get the secondary input colors.

Sure it can be fixed. It just requires a new engine for setting up pipe connectors. I did that for High Flow Storage, but it's only partially implemented. It won't show up in the UI as requiring input/output and it won't make the labels as missing connections, pipe blocked etc (unsurprisingly High Flow Storage is intentionally designed to not need the missing parts). Adding two primary inputs is a surprisingly huge amount of work if everything is supposed to work perfectly.

I don't think it's an issue of people not caring. It's an issue of not having unlimited amount of time and one wrong color has apparently been seen as less important than a bunch of other issues.

Edited by Nightinggale
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Nickerooni said:

What does this emoji mean?

I believe it's a colon, followed by a pipe, or :| .  According to this site, it means "neutral, indifferent, confused."  If that is the case, then basically it means:

• Well, you guys keep complaining (or rather one guy is on a crusade), and to appease you all, here is a fix (we don't really think it was that big of a deal). 
  • Added later - Or it means "we are clueless about what was going as everyone else, and still are not quite sure exactly what's going on, so hopefully this fixes it."

Unfortunately, this "fix" has other possibly more disastrous consequences.  I'm not sure yet, but spent a few hours testing.  Here's the forum post. 

If they really are indifferent or neutral on the topic (I don't think they are confused), then the emoji symbols to me say that they would really like our feedback on the topic.  Let's play with it, see what changes.  I am concerned that geyser outputs of steam vents will be more than halved with this "fix", and that spells death for just about everyone ("Where did all my water go? I"m sure I had enough, but I have 30 more cycles till I get more.....  Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!" - this could easily be fixed by adjusting the "max pressure" on steam vents to be higher than 5kg, but that has other consequences....)

Edited by mathmanican
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest aresd

Klei, please, fix it after release (Russian language).

"Агрокультура" and "Земледелие" - both words in fact have the same meaning.  "Агрокультура" - is Anglicism in Russian (Agroculture), and "Земледелие" - "земле" + "делие" ("soil" + cultivate ") same - Agroculture. It will confuse Russian-speaking beginners. lost skill "care for animals."

Please - change "Агрокультура" to "Земледелие" and "Земледелие" to "Животноводство" as it was before.

And please fix the overlay text on each other.

2019-07-25_8-09-18.jpg

10 minutes ago, Harrold Saxon said:

8.5kg co2 surrounded by 2.5kg oxygen??? Anyone else seeing this happn?

Possible side effects of the matter conversion fix?  That's my guess.  I'm guessing we'll see several more random weird things happen over the next few days. 

• Haha 1