Canis    8,956
2 minutes ago, KoreanWaffles said:

I made a comparison view of the new HQ item models. The the modded screenshot was taken on the beta branch so the Bone Helmet, Bone Armor, Insulated Pack, and Candy Bag are the same as the beta. The mod updates the models of the Krampus Sack, Bee Queen Crown, and Eyebrella.

The mod in question is HQ DST (WIP) made by co.op.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1806500091

5MVCesU.jpg

Im really glad the sprites are getting a revamp, little by little. I never actually noticed that the Eyebrella had red lines until now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Warbucks    2,998
Posted (edited)

When you go on a boat your camera doesn't focus perfectly on the middle of your character anymore :(

but other than that the update looks like a step in the right direction. The art for the sea is great and love that finally textures which are important are being turned high quality.

Hoping eventually all other important equippables become high quality as well as some other important textures like grass, trees, and boulders :D

Edited by Warbucks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hornete    1,096
5 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

When you go on a boat your camera doesn't focus perfectly on the middle of your character anymore :(

but other than that the update looks like a step in the right direction. The art for the sea is great and love that finally textures which are important are being turned high quality.

Hoping eventually all other important equippables become high quality as well as some other important textures like grass, trees, and boulders :D

Yes! I thought maybe this was just me being weird after being on the boat camera, but it seems like the camera is generally lower then its supposed to be after you hop off.

YouKnowWho    7,435
Posted (edited)

I like the fixed camera. It makes the boat feel more like a boat and less like a platform on the water. Though I do think they should zoom the camera out just a little bit. 

Edited by YouKnowWho

Warbucks    2,998
26 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

Though I do think they should zoom the camera out just a little bit. 

NoOO! I want to be able to zoom all the way in to see my majestic character while rowing my boat into a bunch of sea stacks because I wasn't zoomed out :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ezaroth    903
Posted (edited)

I was testing the new anchor but then I can't use it anymore, might've clicked on it too much.

9JPMK9P.png

Edited by Ezaroth

-Variant    4,801
6 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

Not all items float. It's nice that Sea Stacks can be mined, but why bother if most of the rocks just disappear when they fail into the ocean?

Laughs in Orange Amulet.

Joke aside I really won't recommend using it for this, I wonder if they've got something planned to fix the sinking rock thing. Maybe a net?

Flash.Jonathan    165
On 7/25/2019 at 4:16 AM, Instant-Noodles said:

Assets for a new creature got added this patch too:

Marbitraus

Reveal hidden contents

marbitraus_taunt.thumb.gif.7e8ffa5ccf953ed9e8bcdfc4ec7d7458.gif marbitraus_walk.thumb.gif.77cd81d4480eb6da4f14bea97d11d299.gif marbitraus_sleep.gif.3f106c407b7178ffdb0471258ef1c10d.gif marbitraus_idle.thumb.gif.30cb6d7c42f82be0722fc48f0e13221a.gif

Klei always with their Puns Marbitraus= Marlin + Albatross

Blue Marlin - Nookipedia, the Animal Crossing wiki + Antipodean albatross | New Zealand Birds Online

• Like 1

WhoSalty    5
Posted (edited)

So did Klei implement the textures included in the HQ mod into the base game (beta)?

Edited by WhoSalty

Pedrito    335
Posted (edited)

@WhoSalty as you can see in the side by side comparasion that koreanwaffles did the new textures are different 

Spoiler
On 24/7/2019 at 6:53 PM, KoreanWaffles said:

5MVCesU.jpg

Edited by Pedrito
a w

WhoSalty    5
2 minutes ago, Pedrito said:

@WhoSalty as you can see in the side by side comparasion that koreanwaffles did the new textures are different 

Reveal hidden contents

I see, had to zoom in to see the difference on my phone.  Thanks.

Ohan    275
On 24/7/2019 at 10:16 PM, Instant-Noodles said:

Assets for a new creature got added this patch too:

Marbitraus

Reveal hidden contents

marbitraus_taunt.thumb.gif.7e8ffa5ccf953ed9e8bcdfc4ec7d7458.gif marbitraus_walk.thumb.gif.77cd81d4480eb6da4f14bea97d11d299.gif marbitraus_sleep.gif.3f106c407b7178ffdb0471258ef1c10d.gif marbitraus_idle.thumb.gif.30cb6d7c42f82be0722fc48f0e13221a.gif

oh my!! this has to be the most beautiful creature sprite klei has made to date! im hoping we wont be forced to kill it cuz i dont think ill be able to!