[Game Update] - 354959

I made a comparison view of the new HQ item models. The the modded screenshot was taken on the beta branch so the Bone Helmet, Bone Armor, Insulated Pack, and Candy Bag are the same as the beta. The mod updates the models of the Krampus Sack, Bee Queen Crown, and Eyebrella.

The mod in question is HQ DST (WIP) made by co.op.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1806500091

5MVCesU.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KoreanWaffles said:

I made a comparison view of the new HQ item models. The the modded screenshot was taken on the beta branch so the Bone Helmet, Bone Armor, Insulated Pack, and Candy Bag are the same as the beta. The mod updates the models of the Krampus Sack, Bee Queen Crown, and Eyebrella.

The mod in question is HQ DST (WIP) made by co.op.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1806500091

5MVCesU.jpg

Im really glad the sprites are getting a revamp, little by little. I never actually noticed that the Eyebrella had red lines until now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So I wanted to put in my two cents to how they revamped sailing in this update.

I liked what they did with sailing and how they tweaked some of the mechanics here and there. Everything feels a lot more involved, and boating now has a stronger emphasis on communicating clearly with your teammates. The fixed camera feels a bit strange, though. It's like being in a house in Hamlet, and I swear the strange fixed camera stays when you get back on land. The camera seems to fall behind once you get back on land after disembarking a boat.

The fixed camera makes it somewhat difficult to see if anything is coming up ahead now. I imagine some sort of spyglass item will be added later, or one of the players on the boat will have to keep an eye on the map when sailing. Maybe a hat that increases your map radius or how far you can zoom out when sailing?

My best guess is that the fixed camera is there to help with what they changed with the sails and anchors. Closing sails now takes time, but you can click on them again when in the process of closing them to close them a bit faster. Anchors now need to be fully lifted. If you don't let the animation finish when lifting the anchor, it makes a loud thud and shakes the screen again, applying the brakes on the boat once more. I guess you can use this to inch towards land slowly.

Also, anchors now no longer stop all momentum when sails are open. When at least two sails are open, the boat still slowly moves. If it's slow enough, however, it won't damage the boat if it hits something, but you have to be moving really slow in order to not take damage. Boats with more than one sail now feel really fast due to the camera.

Pets are now more annoying than ever. They get in the way of clicking on things when they're on the boat, especially the Mothling. It flies everywhere and it is such a nuisance due to its size.

I like that the steering wheel keeps moving until you have reached the direction that you want to go in.

Not all items float. It's nice that Sea Stacks can be mined, but why bother if most of the rocks just disappear when they fail into the ocean?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

When you go on a boat your camera doesn't focus perfectly on the middle of your character anymore :(

but other than that the update looks like a step in the right direction. The art for the sea is great and love that finally textures which are important are being turned high quality.

Hoping eventually all other important equippables become high quality as well as some other important textures like grass, trees, and boulders :D

Yes! I thought maybe this was just me being weird after being on the boat camera, but it seems like the camera is generally lower then its supposed to be after you hop off.

6 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

Not all items float. It's nice that Sea Stacks can be mined, but why bother if most of the rocks just disappear when they fail into the ocean?

Laughs in Orange Amulet.

Joke aside I really won't recommend using it for this, I wonder if they've got something planned to fix the sinking rock thing. Maybe a net?

On 24/7/2019 at 10:16 PM, Instant-Noodles said:

Assets for a new creature got added this patch too:

Marbitraus

Reveal hidden contents

marbitraus_taunt.thumb.gif.7e8ffa5ccf953ed9e8bcdfc4ec7d7458.gif marbitraus_walk.thumb.gif.77cd81d4480eb6da4f14bea97d11d299.gif marbitraus_sleep.gif.3f106c407b7178ffdb0471258ef1c10d.gif marbitraus_idle.thumb.gif.30cb6d7c42f82be0722fc48f0e13221a.gif

oh my!! this has to be the most beautiful creature sprite klei has made to date! im hoping we wont be forced to kill it cuz i dont think ill be able to!