Everything we know about Warly's update

11 minutes ago, X-lem said:

Sooooo... Can you force feed this to someone with zero sanity to kill them?

From what I've seen, it leaves them with like 2-4 HP. However, if you/they are wearing a nightmare amulet or bone helm, it will kill.

4 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

That means Wormwood is the only one who's able to die if eating Nightmare Pie, because the Pie heals 1 health but Wormwood is immune against Healing Food, so if he consumes it with 0 Sanity, he'll get 0 health instead and die.

-no it acted like all other characters he was healed by it interestingly-

Edit: nvm I see what you mean

19 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

[limited edition availability snip]

TBH this update by itself makes me hope that we'll get renewability on Hound Mounds, Goats and Foliage. If they just regenned once per year on their own in their natural biome like carrots and such do, that would be fine.
IIRC spider dens do as well. It can be targeted to areas that the player hasn't built.

Just looking at the recipe stats now. The biggest issue I have is that many of the recipes give less hunger than the combined ingredients needed for the recipe. If the only way to get the new ingredients is through seed farming, it'd be rough work unless you've got a wormwood. Sadly alternating between the boring meaty stew and meatballs may be the best way to keep his hunger up. If single player Warly has the same repetitive eating penalty as DST Warly, you'll find that you can eat meaty stew four times in a row and it is still hunger efficient if you use 2 meat, 1 ice, 1 monster meat. Meatballs are still hunger efficient even if you eat them three times in a row, If you use monster meat, 3 ice. So it's weird to me so many new recipes are not even hunger efficient the first time you eat them, you could just eat the ingredients. Obviously the Crepes, Bouillon, and Moqueca are hunger efficient, but use harder to obtain or 'unrenewable' ingredients, (butter, bone shard, onion, garlic, toma root)

24 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

Just looking at the recipe stats now. The biggest issue I have is that many of the recipes give less hunger than the combined ingredients needed for the recipe. If the only way to get the new ingredients is through seed farming, it'd be rough work unless you've got a wormwood. Sadly alternating between the boring meaty stew and meatballs may be the best way to keep his hunger up. If single player Warly has the same repetitive eating penalty as DST Warly, you'll find that you can eat meaty stew four times in a row and it is still hunger efficient if you use 2 meat, 1 ice, 1 monster meat. Meatballs are still hunger efficient even if you eat them three times in a row, If you use monster meat, 3 ice. So it's weird to me so many new recipes are not even hunger efficient the first time you eat them, you could just eat the ingredients. Obviously the Crepes, Bouillon, and Moqueca are hunger efficient, but use harder to obtain or 'unrenewable' ingredients, (butter, bone shard, onion, garlic, toma root)

Cooking is not just about restoring hunger. All of the new recipes either restore health or sanity or gives bonus effects which you cannot get just by eating the ingredients.

34 minutes ago, Ezaroth said:

Cooking is not just about restoring hunger. All of the new recipes either restore health or sanity or gives bonus effects which you cannot get just by eating the ingredients.

Well you CAN just put the spices on meatballs and stew for the bonus spice effect. The Grim Gallet and Fish Cordon Bleu are useful but pretty niche. The various sanity boosting foods could be good if they have a long expiration date, otherwise they're really no better than cooked cacti which is easier to get. And actually more than half of the new recipes do not give bonus effects.

3 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

The wiki for single player says "Warly gains 33% more hunger, health, and sanity from crockpot foods." Is this still the case?

He used to be able to eat cooked ingredients, I guess that changed.

Perhaps this topic will answer your question about Warly:

9 hours ago, humanbean said:

it just a potential large heal if you have a good amount of sanity before using?

They're... meh, unless you have a Bee-Crown Sanity Station, at which point they become a super fast sleeping tent

3 minutes ago, AdventZen said:

They're... meh, unless you have a Bee-Crown Sanity Station, at which point they become a super fast sleeping tent

The nightmare pies are quite beneficial in co-op with wormwood and wortox.

Wortox easily loses sanity over time by eating souls so every once in a while when you don't feel like being insane just eat a pie and heal with your souls.

Wormwoods is quite cheezy. Make a bunch of living logs, eat a pie and restore sanity via pinecone planting. Repeat as necessary 

I'm sure there's more but this is all I can think of

Just now, Brago-sama said:

The nightmare pies are quite beneficial in co-op with wormwood and wortox.

Wortox easily loses sanity over time by eating souls so every once in a while when you don't feel like being insane just eat a pie and heal with your souls.

Wormwoods is quite cheezy. Make a bunch of living logs, eat a pie and restore sanity via pinecone planting. Repeat as necessary 

I'm sure there's more but this is all I can think of

Yeah, I assumed anything related to healing benefits WormTox :v but the Soul-eating and healing interaction is quite neat, now that you mention it

Has anyone seen if the heating or cooling dishes have any sort of diminished returns for eating a one every day during a temperature intense season as Warly?  Relating specifically to the temperature buff not the possible hunger/sanity/hp.

4 hours ago, Duplo52 said:

Has anyone seen if the heating or cooling dishes have any sort of diminished returns for eating a one every day during a temperature intense season as Warly?  Relating specifically to the temperature buff not the possible hunger/sanity/hp.

As far as I know if warly remembers a food then it will not diminish any bonus effects, only base stats (health hunger sanity)

Archived