Everything we know about Warly's update

1 hour ago, Ezaroth said:

Honestly all this recipes are gonna be a headache to memorize. And you're pretty much screwed if you don't have Wormwood in your team to get all those veges.

While don't quite agree with you on that first part, I absolutely agree on the second and not having a wormwood 

Warly makes vegetables even more valuable, but that still doesn't make it less resource intensive to make compared to a bunny or bee farms, at least early on.

As I see it, Warly is for very cooperative sessions where someone handles the main food source, and either you have a wormwood or warly himself handles the farms.

Singleplayer you're going to have to squeeze in making farm plots into your schedule if you hope to have anything before first winter, but then again, if you're solo it's probably a long term world so you might not have an issue with Warly being a late bloomer and might just make a veggie farm later. (Or use your pro skills to rush farms)

2 things:
1. What will happen if you eat nightmare pie at 0 sanity? Will you just... die?

2. Please tell me the volt goat jelly doesn't replace morning star completely. Please. If it just makes a dark sword do more damage, then morning star will not even be unique and won't be the melee weapon that does the most damage per hit in the game. I don't know if the jelly would stack with morning star (considering it's already electric on its own), but I would really appreciate if it did.

EDIT: So, I watched Glermz's stream and it answered both of my questions.

Spoiler

Yes, you actually die.
EDIT 2: It will kill you only if you wear nightmare amulet or bone helmet.

2. Swanky Psammead told me that goat jelly actually doesn't affect electric weapons (which is ironic and unfortunate). 

4 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

2. Please tell me the volt goat jelly doesn't replace morning star completely. Please. If it just makes a dark sword do more damage, then morning star will not even be unique and won't be the melee weapon that does the most damage per hit in the game. I don't know if the jelly would stack with morning star (considering it's already electric on its own), but I would really appreciate if it did.

As much as I understand & according to the video: It either increases the electric damage you deal with an electric weapon or adds (more) electric damage to your weapon, and not "turns your damage into electric damage".

I have another question about Nightmare Pie. Does it work with Wormwood? I have this question cause pie dont heal, but swap sanity-health. Also, it swaps proportionally (80% sanity turns into 80% health) or numerically?

11 hours ago, cantbeatdaboss said:
Spoiler
  • Volt Goat Jelley - Volt Goat Horn, 3 Honey - Temporarily increases electrical damage

There's not a single recipe in Warly's list which requires Electric Milk, and this one forces you to put a whole horn into the Crockpot. Perhaps the developers should change the horn into 1x or 2x Electric Milk? Nobody uses Ice Cream anyway, making Electric Milk finally useful.

I also dislike that...

Spoiler

... (Party) Pizza: Drops 6 slices if cooked or Stone Soup are not included in the incoming Crockpot foods. It seems like there's not a single dish boosting your speed, but instead we get dishes which allow Wolfgang to deal ~1.1k dps.

About buffs

Speed buffs would kind of drastically change all gameplay across the entire board though.

Speed has always been pretty strictly limited to few items for loooong time. Every combat encounter ought to have been balanced for this in mind, and indeed just playing with modded higher speeds shows that speed seems to gleefully triumph over any enemy, and any strength in any scenario?

Now.. obviously throwing off this prior balance doesn't have to be a bad thing. But it is a thing. New challenges being introduced were strength beats raw speed would be desirable in my opinion. Allowing for these beloved speed buffs to exist without making every encounter a joke as a result would be swell.

Everything I've found out about the Early access look at Warly from streaming last night. Shoutout to those in my chat that were helping me figure all this out! <3 

Spoiler

Warly - The Culinarian

Has a refined Palate
-Only eats from a crockpot (Will remember recipes eaten for 2 days [Lessened effect from eating duplicate recipes])

-Will not eat raw foods (sorry, no butterfly/blue mushroom spam)

Cooks in Custom Kitchenware
- Portable Crockpot (Makes food 25% faster than a normal crockpot)
- Portable Grinding Mill (Makes spices to enhance your food)
- Portable Seasoning Station (Add that spice to your favorite foods)

Note - ONLY Warly can use these stations

Fast Cook
- Warly has an increased Cooking speed over a campfire compared to other players

Spice effects
- Garlic Spice - Adds damage reduction buff
- Chili Spice - Adds Damage buff

- Honey Spice - Increases resource gathering speed (Allows you to chop and mine in half the number of swings (rounded up))

Recipes (May not be a complete list)
Link to screenshot from list of dishes found - foods used - effects and secondary effects

Will edit with more information... my brain is kinda dead today. So i'm sure I'm forgetting something.

5 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

There's not a single recipe in Warly's list which requires Electric Milk, and this one forces you to put a whole horn into the Crockpot. Perhaps the developers should change the horn into 1x or 2x Electric Milk? Nobody uses Ice Cream anyway, making Electric Milk finally useful.

I also dislike that...

Reveal hidden contents

... (Party) Pizza: Drops 6 slices if cooked or Stone Soup are not included in the incoming Crockpot foods. It seems like there's not a single dish boosting your speed, but instead we get dishes which allow Wolfgang to deal ~1.1k dps.

It's not too far a stretch to have a horn in there. We all know what gelatin is made of, yeah? 

13 hours ago, Cranbarry said:

Does he lose sanity everytime he eats food or does he have the value penalty? 
Cause the penalty is gonna NERF him in fights for healing. He'll have to rely on healing poultice. 

He has a value penalty that is pretty similar to shipwrecked I believe

32 minutes ago, Griver84 said:

Everything I've found out about the Early access look at Warly from streaming last night. Shoutout to those in my chat that were helping me figure all this out! <3 

Hide contents

Warly - The Culinarian

Has a refined Palate
-Only eats from a crockpot (Will remember recipes eaten for 2 days [Lessened effect from eating duplicate recipes])

Fast Cook
- Warly has an increased Cooking speed over a campfire compared to other players

Spice effects

- Honey Spice - Increases resource gathering speed (Allows you to chop and mine in half the number of swings (rounded up))

Link to screenshot from list of dishes found - foods used - effects and secondary effects

Will edit with more information... my brain is kinda dead today. So i'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Thanks for pointing out the fast cooking, I never saw that on a stream

4 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

you can hammer bones in dessert and lunar island for bones

That's true, but that kind of Bone Shards is limited: You won't have access to free bone shards anymore once you hammer all the shards in the world, since the bones in the dessert (tasty) and lunar island aren't renewable. To get more bones, you'll have to sacrifice yourself or other players.

6 hours ago, MarkStein said:

I have another question about Nightmare Pie. Does it work with Wormwood? I have this question cause pie dont heal, but swap sanity-health. Also, it swaps proportionally (80% sanity turns into 80% health) or numerically?

It does effect Wormwood this was shown by @JamesBucket

12 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

It does effect Wormwood this was shown by @JamesBucket

That means Wormwood is the only one who's able to die if eating Nightmare Pie, because the Pie heals 1 health but Wormwood is immune against Healing Food, so if he consumes it with 0 Sanity, he'll get 0 health instead and die.

11 minutes ago, Canis said:

I don't mean to self-promote, but- oh wait, yeah I do. Go take a look.

Well

3 hours ago, Griver84 said:

Hide contents

Warly - The Culinarian

Has a refined Palate

Fast Cook

Spice effects

You might get info aboot food stats in the link down here

Archived