Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Harlequin80

Petrol Gens Lock on mixed fuel input. Bug? or how do I fix?

Recommended Posts

Harlequin80    24

I started transitioning from ethanol to petroleum for my petrol generators.  I did this by directing petroleum into my existing ethanol pipe network.  Long story short all my gens are now non-functional due to insufficient combustable liquid.  Internally they are all things like 19.7 Petrol 300mg ethanol or vice versa.

Is there any way to solve this other than deconstructing each gen and filtering to two liquids?

Screenshot from 2019-07-24 11-25-36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Siromatik    132

If you have two different elements in your build, deconstruct it is the only way unfortunately, except build with manual delivery you have no "Empty Storage" command on Petro Gen. I usually just dont touch at pipes, extend them a bit and build a mechanical filter to clear them. When pipes only contain the new appropriate liquid i destroy this filter extension too.

There's a bug report for this behavior can't find it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JonnyMonroe    149

To solve your immediate issue you'll need to deconstruct. It is probably possible to do a mixed input petrol gen setup with some automation but to be honest I doubt it's worth it when it's so much simpler to just build 2 generators. If you wanted to do something like that as an exercise I'd guess you use latches and element sensors to count the input of each element and switch/reset them, but that would require only full packets in the pipe (Which can be done through more automation further up the line)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites