Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

WoodieMain45684

'On Bunnymen' A poll on the public opinion of our bunny (friends?)

Please answer the questions about your opinion on bunnymen below.  

111 members have voted

  1. 1. What is your general opinion on bunnymen?

    • I like them.
      59
    • I have nuetral feelings about bunnymen.
      30
    • I dislike them.
      11
    • They are the bane of my existence.
      8
    • What are bunnymen?
      1
    • Obligatory Etc.
      2
  2. 2. How often do you die to bunnymen?

    • I am an OG DST pro and I never die to the hyper-vegans.
      27
    • I slip up every once in a while.
      75
    • I die quite often.
      3
    • They stunlock me to death on every occation.
      3
    • Obligatory Etc.
      3
  3. 3. How good are bunnymen farms?

    • They are the best way to aquire food in the cooperative survival game Don't Starve Together made by Klei Entertainment.
      23
    • They are one of the better farms in DST.
      66
    • They not that great.
      8
    • They are the worst farm in the game; far inferior to the superior improved farms under the farming tab.
      5
    • Bunnymen can be farmed?
      4
    • Obligatory Etc.
      5
  4. 4. Are bunny farms too op?

    • Yes, I want something to be done about it AND NOW!!!!111
      6
    • They are a bit too good for their own good.
      29
    • They're fine the way they are.
      70
    • Buff bunnymen please.
      2
    • Obligatory Etc.
      4
  5. 5. If bunnymen were changed they should.. (If vote for 3 then don't vote for 1 or 2)

    • Have less carrot drop amounts. (1 or 0)
      16
    • Have a longer respawn time.
      39
    • They should remain the same. They are perfect the way they are.
      60
    • [insert comment below]
      9


Recommended Posts

humanbean    17

It's easy enough to get food, I think they're balanced. Are they considered OP to some because they drop 2 carrots mainly?

I just use the bunnymen for farming convenience. Fence in 3 hutches around each MacTusk, and set up a Bunny/Spider war somewhere and pick up the free goodies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ezaroth    942

Bunnymen Farm solves food, health and gold problems. They're a bit too good especially with Winona's Catapult but setting them up actually takes effort. But I'd say buff the other useless things in DST instead of nerfing the good ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
camelot    166

"Bunnymen are fine" is a well-known mantra in DST forum. I'm not surprised with the result

But still, comparing pig farm to bunny farm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is the option "They are my favorite things in the game BUT they're the bane of my existence?

Seriously, 90% of my deaths is done by bunnymen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Superlucas1231    731

Tbh the only thing i would change about them is their reaction to monster meat. It...doesn't make sense that they get mad at you for holding monster meat - from the spider they just killed, mind you - and call you a murder for... cleaning it up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
x0VERSUS1y    3,700
3 hours ago, camelot said:

"Bunnymen are fine" is a well-known mantra in DST forum. I'm not surprised with the result

Ofc. If you want a fair assessment, just roam a bit the Grasslands and in no time you have a stack of 40 carrots (if server not full or people basing/sitting there that is) plus berries. And with 2 Koalefants mushed - if very bad at fighting/kiting, you just need 2 Darts, 2 Helmets + 1 Log Suit, and 1 Spear to tank them like a noob B0$$) - food problem solved, all in 1 day "work". Sure is easy and fun to get food from a Bonnylads farm, but to get that farm going one needs to invest some time (and risk mind you) in getting mats and building it. Yet again, only roaming the land like a true Wig nomad solves easily the issue as well. In the end too much "Ez Pz Op" blabbering is going on from the end of "pro" players when bulk of DST player-base, aka vast majority of casuals struggles to not starve and die via Night Grue or spiders.. and ofc starvation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Viktor234    2,584
2 hours ago, Superlucas1231 said:

Tbh the only thing i would change about them is their reaction to monster meat.

Some kind of Bunnyman drop monster meat. If you have some monster meat in your inventory then it's still possible that you killed a Bunnyman or Rabbit recently. That's why Bunnyman consider you as a murder if you have any kind of meat in your inventory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melody099    144

I don't farm bunnymen because I absolutely despise them, but I am aware of how useful they can be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like dealing with them myself - and I'm a part-time Wortox main, so I can't interact peacefully at all with live ones much of the time - but I appreciate their drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
camelot    166
13 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Ofc. If you want a fair assessment, just roam a bit the Grasslands and in no time you have a stack of 40 carrots (if server not full or people basing/sitting there that is) plus berries. And with 2 Koalefants mushed - if very bad at fighting/kiting, you just need 2 Darts, 2 Helmets + 1 Log Suit, and 1 Spear to tank them like a noob B0$$) - food problem solved, all in 1 day "work". Sure is easy and fun to get food from a Bonnylads farm, but to get that farm going one needs to invest some time (and risk mind you) in getting mats and building it. Yet again, only roaming the land like a true Wig nomad solves easily the issue as well. In the end too much "Ez Pz Op" blabbering is going on from the end of "pro" players when bulk of DST player-base, aka vast majority of casuals struggles to not starve and die via Night Grue or spiders.. and ofc starvation.

Uhm, you are comparing 1 day hunting, gathering with the farm that produces constant carrots and meats everyday, everywhere, regardless of the season, you do not need to leave base and could be scale up easily? (only need a lot of logs, same amount with pig house)

This farm is especial useful for "pro" players. In every huge cave world, you have around 40 hutches. So at the end of the first autumn, you already have around 20 hutches and can feed 8 people by this farm alone while "bulk of DST player-base, aka vast majority of casuals struggles to not starve and die via Night Grue or spiders.. and ofc starvation". I thought we're all agree that this game supposed to be easier for new players and harder for "pro" players? Well, it's clearly opposite here. No?

And still, comparing pig farm and bunny farm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maradyne    4,927

[SCREAMS IN WORTOX]

Also been a Wigfrid cave main in the past, so yea. They can go to hell. wait isn't the constant basically hell already crap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
x0VERSUS1y    3,700
11 hours ago, camelot said:

Uhm, you are comparing 1 day hunting, gathering with the farm that produces constant carrots and meats everyday, everywhere, regardless of the season, you do not need to leave base and could be scale up easily? (only need a lot of logs, same amount with pig house)

This farm is especial useful for "pro" players. In every huge cave world, you have around 40 hutches. So at the end of the first autumn, you already have around 20 hutches and can feed 8 people by this farm alone while "bulk of DST player-base, aka vast majority of casuals struggles to not starve and die via Night Grue or spiders.. and ofc starvation". I thought we're all agree that this game supposed to be easier for new players and harder for "pro" players? Well, it's clearly opposite here. No?

And still, comparing pig farm and bunny farm...

Yes, ofc I compare 1 day of farming/gathering/bla-bla. 'cause you don't need more than 40 carrots + X Berries and 15-20 meats for yourself for a couple of days if you aren't solo killing bosses and aren't particularly needy of N healing stuff in your face-tanking way of doing it, anything else is overkill. If you like farming BonnyLads every evening/night that's your choice, maybe you like 20 bundles you pile in a chest bcs ofc you'll need them cornucopia in a distant-distant probable future or you love feeding stacks of carrots to werepigs in pursuit of poop galore, whom am my to judge. But lets be real with all this "OPez" exaggerations: there are alternatives to the Bunny Farm equally most-giving, no need to cry a dreaded "nerf" all the time - no, not Pig Farms, those are mainly for skins of which you equally don't need tones. And yes, is about each person, as players need to carry themselves up; if you wanna carry them, again, your choice. If wanting harder gameplay maybe advocate for an event that generally, after Y time or some special feat (1st defeating FW par example), ups all dangerous elements of said world, like harder bosses, smarter mobs etc. Having from start everything harder and/or tedious may make "pros" moist (in the eyes from happiness, SIC!), but the rest of us players don't think would also jubilate at this. Leave the possibility of having good amounts of food in a short time-span with their kinda high-ish risks, and not running all day on map for menial stuff. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnitaCoffee    392

They're nice for characters who can farm them easily for a team, especially if you take on the food farmer role, but I never have an issue starving now. I tend to appreciate pig farms more for the butts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Some kind of Bunnyman drop monster meat. If you have some monster meat in your inventory then it's still possible that you killed a Bunnyman or Rabbit recently. That's why Bunnyman consider you as a murder if you have any kind of meat in your inventory.

That's also true, monster meat does drop from beardlings and beardlords, but honestly I just figured bunnymen were too stupid to understand that the creatures they kill to protect their territory are also made of meat and reacted purely to smelling that you were carrying meat without any further consideration. Like, they can talk somewhat, but bunnymen could probably be outsmarted by a trained dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GetNerfedOn    3,295

Since i can only play forest worlds (and STILL get lag) i never have any contact with bunnymen, and it makes the game slightly more taxing, forcing me to farm veggies, hunt and stake out rabbits for beard hair instead.. Having no caves at all is harder, all in all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simplyee    41

I'm new to the forum but from what I see, it seems everyone wants everything to be reworked since they already did some characters. 

As we improve and improvise in this game ; we don't need everything adjusted. That's the beauty of this game. Just tweak things if something becomes under played or underused.

Bunnymen are fine. Im a console player mainly and play dst solo most of the time , they help with silk farms/ monster meat/ krampus and obviously their own drops (recently found out about fake solo bunny vs bee queen and yeah...).

I'd like to say I'm a veteran dark souls player( platinumed all games and did heavy pvp) so getting good it's part of the game. And this game gives us alot to work with. I mentioned darksouls be cause people want don't starve to be hard. Ppl still find this game hard but the longer you survive ; the easier the game gets. That's the point. 

 

Bunny farm is kind of mid game/ end game reward/ farm if you know what to do. Accidentally picking up a meat around your "farm" and you'll get farmed lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
camelot    166

So the people who want to change and don't want to change is almost 50-50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites