Oxygen Not Included Launching July 30th!

• Developer

july30.png

Hello friends!

Next week, July 30, Oxygen Not Included will be launching out of Early Access! Here is a brief list of the things we've added for launch, a full list will be available on launch day.

• New asteroids to explore, with their own rolled traits
  • Three new biomes complete with plants and critters
  • New buildings to process and upgrade the materials you'll find there
  • Colony goals for the duplicants to strive for
  • Balance and polish passes on food, temperature, Duplicant selection, and more

For us, launch means that the main features of the game are complete and we feel the general public can enjoy the game. Rest assured, we will continue to be working on the game post-launch. After July 30, we will continue with bug fixes and balance changes; we also have more content we want to explore with the game in the future, and we will let people know more about our plans when the time comes.

Thank you everyone for staying with us the past two years, and I look forward to continuing the journey with you!

11 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Thank you everyone for staying with us the past two years, and I look forward to continuing the journey with you!

Same here, and congratulations for the launch :victorious:

Can't wait to hear what else you guys want to toy with. The possibilities are endless!

Congratulations on the long awaited launch, I think it will go smoothly :) I'm 99.9% sure 99.9% of newbies won't even find any of the bugs lurking behind the scenes as I don't think there's much left in the way of immediate problems. And them newbies will be too busy restarting their degenerate starving/boiling/freezing/self-entoming/sliming colonies :D

And by the time they all learn to play either the bugs will be squashed, or they'll love the game enough not to mind an occasional hiccup or another, just like the rest of us :D

Is the game actually ready for release? There's still tons of bugs with duplicant pathfinding and the pickup logic for large numbers of light items could be improved.. it's basically nonexistent right now.

Archived