[Poll] On Annoyances

Your Best Nightmares  

192 members have voted

1. 1. What annoys you?

• Hound waves
    • trolls and their terrible crimes (leaving w items, etc.)
    • "where's base?"
    • elitists who take over the server
    • noobs who drag you down
    • the sound of a dying/hurt character
    • spontaneous combustion
    • Fire hounds wrecking base
    • bosses wrecking base
    • Disease
    • the Giblet
    • the Glomglom
    • flowerpickers
    • Depths worm attacks
    • walking into Bunnymen when you have meat
    • Antlion earthquakes
    • Freezing
    • Overheating
    • dying
    • other (please do say so in the comments!)

3 hours ago, AdventZen said:

How, despite playing offline, my game still has lag, which makes absolutely no sense, but I assume this is low-end PC exclusive as well.

This happens when the CPU is taxed, so yes, low-end PC, too many players, or too ridiculous world/mods

5 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

Wilson: wHeREs BaSE

Me: "Where's your brain?", "I'm at spawn [Cave Spawn], where are you?", "Just wait at spawn, I'll come for you after I'm done with my work. [You never stop working in DST unless you're about to leave, so actually I won't come for him/her/it]"

It's easily avoidable via different comments, and if it still doesn't work: Lead them across the Bee Queen Trap & place down valuable items on the tentacles (In most cases they'll just stop following you for short to collect the items), or just mute them.

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

Me: "Where's your brain?", "I'm at spawn [Cave Spawn], where are you?", "Just wait at spawn, I'll come for you after I'm done with my work. [You never stop working in DST unless you're about to leave, so actually I won't come for him/her/it]"

It's easily avoidable via different comments, and if it still doesn't work: Lead them across the Bee Queen Trap & place down valuable items on the tentacles (In most cases they'll just stop following you for short to collect the items), or just mute them.

Doesn't make it any less annoying.

5 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

I don't get it how you manage to be annoyed by muted players, may you explain it to me?

By the time you muted them, they'd have asked the question. Or do you mean mute every single person that entered the server?

1 minute ago, Ezaroth said:

By the time you muted them, they'd have asked the question. Or do you mean mute every single person that entered the server?

If you get triggered by the first message of a newcomer, then I can't help you anymore. You need to tolerate if they're asking for the base for the 1st time, but further questions can be avoided by muting them. And it's easier to tolerate newcomers who are asking for the base than to see a newcomer in your base ruining all your hard work (if you have any).

The one thing i hate the most is newer player's who think they know what they are doing.

One experience i had was one player (a wendy) started to cook a bunch of monster lasagna, using up all of our monster meat. When asked to stop, she replied saying that she is just compacting our meat so it lasts longer. When told to cook meatballs with them instead. She then stated she new what she was doing and that meatballs were a waste of meat.

It took a good 10 minutes to explain how the crockpot fully worked, she then apologized for not understanding

• Getting beaten up by pigs or bunnymen as Wortox or Webber
  • Dying to pigs in the middle of the base as Wortox or Webber because someone built an unfenced pig village/didn't bother to close the gate/didn't fix the fence after mobs punched holes in it. Not that I'm bitter. Did you know they break off from trying to pick up food to chase monster players? It sure is a bother! 
  • Birchnutters are very irritating.
  • That glitch in Turn of Tides that makes you fall into the water when you try to jump on or off a boat, suffering all the dropped items, lost max health and wetness as if you'd abandoned ship on purpose. It doesn't happen every time or even most of the time (anymore), but it's a real pain when it does. 

Imagine a beautiful big farm of 8 beboxes,who can produce 46 honey a day.

And then imagine that one guy ,who just sits in a base, just pick goddam flowers ,that located in that farm, despite the warning from me,who built that farm.

Like my credo says:'If you pick another flower from my honey farm I'm gonna take my Abigail and just kick or kill you'.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:46 AM, Albus321 said:

People who leave the server after burn everything or spawn tentacles everywhere 

I F***** hate them !!

THOSE kind of players need to just...not exist.  I don't mean die.  I mean not exist _as players of this game_.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:11 AM, Canis said:

I am a completely different person off the forums, mainly because most of my humor doesn't play nice with Klei's rules.

In-game, Im usually the most active one in chat, while also pulling my own around base.

I also feel really bad for any small children that witness my sinful babblings.

ME.  This.  I often feel like I'm babbling too much in chat because often I'm the only one saying anything, and the chat log shows like, five dialogues from me in a row before it's broken up by ANYthing else.  Also I'm way more sweary.  Not usually swearing AT people (unless they're like the top example in this post) but more like, casually.  Like "This is so (effing) stupid!" or yelling "DAY 500, BEEYOTCH!" in triumph, etc.

On 7/22/2019 at 6:08 PM, reverentsatyr said:

me: crafts a rope

game: *INTENSE SPRING MUSIC*

sometimes I find it mildly annoying

The timing on the game's music is often EPIC.  For me and some Let's Players I watch, it's often like:

(gets hurt/dies)
BAP! BA-DA-DA-DAP! BAP! DA DA, DA-DA DA-DA!

Ain't gonna fight anyone on the summer music being awesome, 'cos it is.  It's like...some kind of evil polka, almost.  (Well, it has oom-pahs in it...)

On 7/22/2019 at 9:02 PM, AdventZen said:

People who enter the server and don't s p e a k at all, just loaf around doing... things?
I mean, on a pub, that's acceptable, but that mostly happens on my own hosted world, so... eh?

As said above, I am the talkative type, so yes.  It also sometimes makes me uneasy/suspicious.  Although the one time my base WAS burned down by a troll, they were talking and joking and acting like a normal person, so...

On 7/22/2019 at 9:02 PM, AdventZen said:

The way hounds just become a 5-day hard limit on your travels after Day 100.
Seriously, Klei, what is the intended gameplay decision for this? kite a veritably absurd amount of dogs? always carry 40 bundled Tooth Traps? just turtle at base?? aaaa

How Bearger's cue for spawning is sound-based, and the text only denotes when he already spawned 
I mostly play listening to music, or not paying attention to the game sound, so having the words "WARNING: LARGE ATTACKER INCOMING" pop up out of nowhere, while I'm smackdab in the middle of honey gathering, can be quite... effective at ripping a hole in my underwear.

YES!!  Oh, mygod, hound waves.  On my longest-running world (613 days before changes to the code broke a mod I was using and made the world unloadable) it was SO.  ANNOYING!  I love to go on big long gathering runs, and I found myself having to quickly look at the map to see where other mobs were nearby _while running_ ("Can I get to the tallbirds in time?  What about the killer bees?"), and the game gives you less warning time for hounds as days go on, and...

And the Bearger!  He's SUPPOSED to growl, but I swear, I never freaking hear it.  Deerclops' heavy breathing I hear instantly (and freak the beep out because that noise is SO CREEPY), but the Bearger...?

On the happy side, however, at the aforementioned longest running world, one of the best ways I DID take care of hounds was by...steering them over to the Bearger!  I left the same one alive, calmly wandering the forest, for years and years.  He once near-extincted a nearby beefalo herd, but after that really earned his keep as bodyguard, so it was all good.

(This is also my main use for the Spring Giant.  KILL it? Why would I kill my season-long free hound disposal unit?)

On 7/22/2019 at 9:17 PM, Brago-sama said:

me : dude it's day 2

For me, the answer is usually "We don't have one yet".  Sometimes "I'm not gonna make one, I'm going nomadic for a year as a challenge".  You can imagine how well noobs understand this.  : P

On 7/23/2019 at 4:22 PM, D1esel said:

How about people who refuse to leave base for clopsy/antlion/beargar OH there goes half our base and a days worth of progress time to rollback. 

YES!!!  This.  Is.  One.  Of.  The.  WORST!! things another player can do.  Especially if you've warned them repeatedly, run in a specific direction and said "Follow me!" or "GET OUT OF BASE!!" several times, and they just sit there like a moron, or are like "Wait, I need to go back for just one thing!"  Dude, all it takes is ONE PLAYER to be near all the structures and _that's where the Deerclops will spawn_...

I'm also not necessarily saying run away like a coward.  I'm saying sure we can fight him, but maybe just not...HERE!

On 7/23/2019 at 4:43 PM, DarkPulse91 said:

The one thing i hate the most is newer player's who think they know what they are doing.

One experience i had was one player (a wendy) started to cook a bunch of monster lasagna, using up all of our monster meat. When asked to stop, she replied saying that she is just compacting our meat so it lasts longer. When told to cook meatballs with them instead. She then stated she new what she was doing and that meatballs were a waste of meat.

It took a good 10 minutes to explain how the crockpot fully worked, she then apologized for not understanding

Well, at least she did apologise.  That's something.  I like when people are noobs but they CAN learn, and they're not jerks.

Me, for the poll I put stuff like wildfires, hound waves, and other players being destructive/greedy.  Add "taking rare resources without asking" (or eating them!) to the list.  Flower pickers who specifically pick the beebox flowers AFTER YOU TOLD THEM NOT TO are up there too...

...Notorious

People who don't stop asking for base or ask for base when it's day 4. The other day I gave very clear directions to a player twice, and he kept asking for someone to come get him. Then when he finally got to base he kept asking when we were going to fight this boss and that boss.

I also don't understand noobs when they hang around base and don't do anything because they are afraid to die. Why do you even play the game then if you're not going to learn to be better?

I also don't like how frequent hound waves become when your at day 300+.

On 7/22/2019 at 10:17 PM, Brago-sama said:

me : dude it's day 2

I wish I was joking. This is a daily occurrence 

I agree.  Can't people try to survive and explore at least.  If its winter don't join,  if its summer find a cave and explore.  Try to survive without a base for a few days.

I eventually try to remember to leave both kinds of firepit and some axes & trees by the entrance, to help with at least immediate death due to night/weather, anyway.  I'll sometimes also put a sign that says something like:

"IF ARRIVING IN WINTER/SUMMER/AT NIGHT:  1. Take axe.  2.  Chop trees.  3.  Light appropriate firepit and not die.  :)"

If they STILL die shortly after arrival anyway, it's their own darn fault.  : P

...Notorious

26 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I eventually try to remember to leave both kinds of firepit and some axes & trees by the entrance, to help with at least immediate death due to night/weather, anyway.  I'll sometimes also put a sign that says something like:

"IF ARRIVING IN WINTER/SUMMER/AT NIGHT:  1. Take axe.  2.  Chop trees.  3.  Light appropriate firepit and not die.  :)"

If they STILL die shortly after arrival anyway, it's their own darn fault.  : P

...Notorious

I already had games where I dropped some tools near the spawn (like 5 Axes, 5 Pickaxes) and later on walk across the swamp to collect some reeds & see a skeleton with some ressources but also 5 Axes and 5 Pickaxes.

Same for if they manage to find the base: All the flints are gone and the dead Webber next to the pigs carried like 80 flints.

8 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

I already had games where I dropped some tools near the spawn (like 5 Axes, 5 Pickaxes) and later on walk across the swamp to collect some reeds & see a skeleton with some ressources but also 5 Axes and 5 Pickaxes.

Same for if they manage to find the base: All the flints are gone and the dead Webber next to the pigs carried like 80 flints.

I dunno man, you never know when you'll need 'em. /s

Archived