Woodie, you've got a friend in me. Rework discussion.

our friendship will never die

So Warly is about to come to DST, that's exciting but I was thinking about the rework of my favorite character and the fact that some dudes in the community only want the old Woodie from DS so I thought I could make a post about why that seems like a boring idea.

First of all Woodie was always an ignorant and mad lumberjack to me and thats what i love him, cause he fits perfectly inside the dark and mysterious forest of the constant, he has been my favorite character since before RoG was created and that is why I would like to have a decent rework done.

I know that klei is not going to make a bad rework but I just want to be clear that not everyone in the DST community would like the same DS woodie and i know too that Woodie in DST is not a good or funny character, he is more like a meh right now.

I remember to play as Woodie in RoG and he was a great and interesting character but i think he needs new stuff in DST cause with the rework of Winona and Willow Klei showed that they can do much more for our beloved characters so please dear community don't pray for the same DS Woodie instead pray for a better Woodie.

Here im going to put some ideas i have to improve Woodie and remember that these are just some opinions and things that I personally would like to see. This does not represent in any way what most people want.

Advantages:

• Woodie can upgrade lucy, you know lumberjacks have several tools not only an axe, maybe Woodie could turn lucy into some other tool like a handsaw or chainsaw but these forms have a limited time, that way woodie would have to spend some valuable resources every time he wants to improve lucy.
  • Woodie can turn into a giant werebeaver berserker when he breaks lucy or during a full moon in the lunar island., yeah i was thinking that maybe woodie needs another transformation, something like a more giant, raging and strong werebeaver, and perhaps this transformation could be similar to that of the original DS in terms of health, sanity and hunger bars, obviously this can only happen under certain conditions and unlike normal transformation, it should always have the same time limit (the time limit is to prevent the player from abusing this transformation), Hell yeah! something big, strong, destructive and invincible for around 30 seconds, thats sounds good to me (this form is inmune to weather effects too). And yeah then Woodie would have two trasnformations but the second and most powerful transformation has 1 1/2 days of cooldown and we only can transform into it when woodie breaks lucy by being in the first form of the werebeaver (of course when we got back to normal we could repair lucy in some way) or standing in the lunar island during a full moon. In this giant form we can't eat logs and we have to wait till the limit time goes out, but we can gather logs to build... beaver lodges! hell yeah in this form we have a special structure that can only be crafted by the giant berserker and we can use this to sleep inside as werebeaver, and our teammates can use this as bridges. and to make this transformation a good competitor against maxwell this form can have a special movement with its tail that destroys everything in its range something like a slap against the ground.
  • Woodie werebeaver forms both can swim, and the werebeaver is faster in water than in land just like real life :D but inside water the normal werebeaver form only last for 20 seconds so you could die easily :D 
  • Woodie normal werebeaver form is completely waterproof, and is cold resistant but is very susceptible to heat.

Disadvantages:

• Woodie is an ignorant lumberjack so unlike Wickerbottom he cannot create some common tools with the science machine such as the backpack, the spear or the razor, he needs an alchemy engine to make some basic recipes, of course he still can make all the materials needed for an alchemy engine.
  • Woodie is a mad lumberjack so when he comes back to normal after using his second werebeaver form he loses some pieces of his memory, yeah he may lose the knowledge of some recipes or forget some parts of the map that had already been explored, as if he had blackouts.
  • When Woodie comes back after using his second werebeaver form he loses 1/3 of sanity, 1/3 of health and 1/3 of hunger, something similar to the Woodie of DS.

Well thats all i can say about this topic, thanks for reading.:victorious:

woodie.thumb.png.e46431ccd5e6c128e462beb8c8d712a4.png

4 minutes ago, Canis said:

The entire post. It's a huge wall of text with barely any breaks. Also, everything's bolded.

Oh it's just that, thanks for the clarification. Well, you see the english is not my native language so for a moment I thought that my post was not fully understood. And thanks for the advice the next time im not going to bold everything :oops::wilson_vforvictory:

2 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

I say we give him the ability to do the chopping animation when attacking like he does in the forge, let us play as lucy when Woody dies, and call it a day

While half of this sounds like a meme, the idea of doing the chopping animation when attacking would actually sound like a good QoL thing when attacking with Lucy.

Also increase Lucy's base damage for the love of god

I generally dislike any perk that requires you to keep track of if and how often X happened in the recent days. What if I do not play this saveslot for a couple of days? Am I still expected to keep track of things?

Oh and I guess what I just said also applies to the Woodie redesign you suggested.

I'd really like to see a buffed Beaver form and some more craftables. Like the post above, maybe make it so he can tap trees for syrup, make improved traps, and maybe a beaver lodge? I really like the idea of the werebeaver being able to swim, and if he could build a lodge as a "bridge", that would add a lot of utility to him in the group. I'd imagine it would break down given enough time, and could be maintained by adding logs to it.

Just now, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

if he could build a lodge as a "bridge", that would add a lot of utility to him in the group.

Woodie already can build a "bridge" in RoT, actually: Everyone can build a "bridge" in RoT.

2 hours ago, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

I'd really like to see a buffed Beaver form and some more craftables. Like the post above, maybe make it so he can tap trees for syrup, make improved traps, and maybe a beaver lodge? I really like the idea of the werebeaver being able to swim, and if he could build a lodge as a "bridge", that would add a lot of utility to him in the group. I'd imagine it would break down given enough time, and could be maintained by adding logs to it.

*clicks tongue*
Beaver Dam.

Keep his current perks.
Let the Werebeaver swim.
Enhance it's power with the Moon, like how Abigail gets stronger as the shadows do.
MOAR CHOPP

I liked the ground pound idea, but cut out the requirement for a secondary transformation. Basically just let Werebeaver use its tail like Thumper.

Forge Lucy toss would be cool too. Perfect for exterminating those winged rats removing the spying eyes of the bird menace. Just the throw though, not the return. When she hits something, have her get all excited and cheer his aim. Y E E
in general I'd really like if Lucy had lines for a wider variety of situations and some variance in her speech timing

1 hour ago, maradyne said:

Keep his current perks.
Let the Werebeaver swim.
Enhance it's power with the Moon, like how Abigail gets stronger as the shadows do.
MOAR CHOPP

I liked the ground pound idea, but cut out the requirement for a secondary transformation. Basically just let Werebeaver use its tail like Thumper.

Forge Lucy toss would be cool too. Perfect for exterminating those winged rats removing the spying eyes of the bird menace. Just the throw though, not the return. When she hits something, have her get all excited and cheer his aim. Y E E
in general I'd really like if Lucy had lines for a wider variety of situations and some variance in her speech timing

This, everything about this. Klei plz

Archived