Closed Beta Files

SpoonyBardIV

Does anyone here happen to still have a copy of the files from when Hamlet was still Closed Beta? I was thinking about making a mod that reverts all turfs, textures and colorcubes back to what they were in the Beta, but I don't have the files myself...

I don't think anyone would have it unless they haven't updated their game for 4 months or so,
maybe there are files that contain all the settings which change the colour over all of the textures.

its probably the same file used in SW to give that cool breezy tint that everybody loves.

Hey @SpoonyBardIV so I was reading your post and was like "Yeah I seem to remember being really disappointed when they changed them, I hope someone saved them beforehand." and then I realized I had saved them beforehand. If you DM me, I can give it to you although the Hamlet DLC itself was well over 1 GB uncompressed and I'm not too sure where to look for the colourcubes, textures etc.

I've got a lot of what I wanted to do done. If anyone would like to see, here are some pictures.

The Plains:

Plains.thumb.png.8c00401783d544fc7f1752582c884f6c.png

The Rainforest:

Rainforest.thumb.png.be89c2467efb669b4a9f8d4d6e4aba99.png

The Deep Rainforest:

5d3399af011fd_DeepRainforest.thumb.png.4e6f0347580bd8b0e281b0864cd5e849.png

The Tuber/Thunderbird Biome:

Painted.thumb.png.12b4ea894ae3da4bf8c3f2cb8f93a449.png

The Aporkalypse:

Aporkalypse.thumb.png.499ec958a9493339742a41dea91f2ada.png

There were a few issues with some turfs for some reason. If anyone knows what causes them, tell me. Both of the turfs in the images below are WAY too pale.

City.thumb.png.5496f745d2710b83977a49e89c436b33.png

Farmland.thumb.png.b034482612c90cd997306725ca2ed6fa.png

My next project is to replace RoG turf textures with Hamlet ones.

A couple of questions for y'all. First, how would I go about modding the music? I want to revert the Temperate Season work theme and Boss Fight theme to the older, superior ones. Second, how do I compile all this into a Steam Workshop mod when I'm done? I don't think people will want to go through the tedious process of moving all of the files themselves. And third, why is the Cultivated and Mossy Turf so pale? I don't ever recall it looking like that...

On 7/21/2019 at 1:30 AM, SpoonyBardIV said:

A couple of questions for y'all. First, how would I go about modding the music? I want to revert the Temperate Season work theme and Boss Fight theme to the older, superior ones. Second, how do I compile all this into a Steam Workshop mod when I'm done? I don't think people will want to go through the tedious process of moving all of the files themselves. And third, why is the Cultivated and Mossy Turf so pale? I don't ever recall it looking like that...

First off, you're doing an amazing work 400/10 man,  keep it up! 

Perhaps the posts linked within this post can help you out with the music problem. (PoStCeptiOn)

Best of Luck!

Hey, guys. Sorry for the long silence, I was just busy fixing the last few issues with the mod. I am very VERY close to releasing the mod to the public, but i need y'all to help me with one more thing: minimap icons. I still can't figure out how to change them, and having red Claw Palms with blue minimap icons just wouldn't seem right. Who here could give me some advice on this?

P.S, there will not be any changes to the music in the initial release. The methods I've tried only allow me to modify Vanilla and RoG music, not SW or HAM. If I can figure out how, I'll change the music in a future update.

3 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Hey, guys. Sorry for the long silence, I was just busy fixing the last few issues with the mod. I am very VERY close to releasing the mod to the public, but i need y'all to help me with one more thing: minimap icons. I still can't figure out how to change them, and having red Claw Palms with blue minimap icons just wouldn't seem right. Who here could give me some advice on this?

P.S, there will not be any changes to the music in the initial release. The methods I've tried only allow me to modify Vanilla and RoG music, not SW or HAM. If I can figure out how, I'll change the music in a future update.

AddPrefabPostInit("prefab", function(inst)
	inst.MiniMapEntity:SetIcon( "prefab.png" )
end)

Does something like this not work for you?

Okay, I'm going to need a little bit of help here. I thought that I could just replace the files from this mod, which does exactly what I'm trying to do, just with other textures. But when I tried putting the files in, the mod just won't enable, telling me that it crashed. How can I fix this?

Archived