[Game Update] - 353781

10 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

So the first time I loaded it, I did notice it took awhile, but I walked away and came back and it had loaded.  I just tried again and actually paid attention, it's taking a VERY long time to load, like 7-8 minutes.  In comparison, I loaded up an older 2000 cycle save of mine and it took 1 minute.  Granted, my save has none of the new LU items, so maybe it's an issue there.  I'd suggest submitting a bug about the loading and including that save.

I was just about to say the same ! It succeed to load, but it takes nearly 15 mintues for me, even I'm only cycle 600. Same than you also, my last base cycle 2600 used to take a bit less to load, even my map was a lot more filled by setups.

I'll submit the bug, thanks a lot for your time :) !!

• Like 2

Another -1 to the green/red change.

It makes the various sensors much less intuitive. "it's active so the output is active" is a whole lot saner than "it's active so the output is... green?".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TLW said:

Another -1 to the green/red change.

It makes the various sensors much less intuitive. "it's active so the output is active" is a whole lot saner than "it's active so the output is... green?".

Look at it as, it is active so it is sending a green signal.

• Like 2

I'm for the red/ green system. Although I don't like admitting it, the old wording kept me from playing with automation more. It's already difficult determining what peices I'll need and what should go where. 

It's like programing, if I can't easily assess where the problem is in my system, it's hard to know what part I messed up and needs to be changed. I admit, Once I get it right, it doesn't matter anymore. But before that, it was like when I was learning to troubleshoot plumbing/emptying pipes. I had all the information/buttons, but couldn't figure out how it worked b/c the in game logic was hard to interpret.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

Using red/green would be logical considering that is what people can see on the screen. Also green = go and red = stop. It's intuitive for new players, hence reducing the learning curve.

What I feel automation is lacking is a type of wire, which can contain numbers. Add a few math gates like subtract and the player can automate actions based on which hydro sensor has the least mass. It would add a whole lot of interesting ways to expand on automation. However it doesn't seem like a realistic addition this close to Launch. Maybe it could be added as a DLC.

Or add that "microcontroller" component, where you have, say, 4 digital or sensor value inputs (via special wire) and 4 digital outputs and can put in some LUA code in an Arduino-style loop. Probably would not even be very hard to make, embedding LUA is very easy. I have done it myself for an experiment in some other system. Including removing interpreter features such as filesystem access it took about a day. That was in C code though.

For the red/green change, I find it far easier to see what is going on now.

Edited by Gurgel

Just a quick question about the current state of trees. I found a tree that I must have forgotten to set to auto-harvest. It only had 5 branches, all of them ready to be harvested. the two additional branches that were missing (I'm assuming the update simply deleted them) were not growing. The tile didn't even have "arbor tree" in the contents when highlighted, just oxygen.

Are we now limited to 5 branches? From what people said before the other two should start growing when the 5 main ones reach harvest?

On 7/20/2019 at 1:51 AM, yatima2975 said:

You want Factorio? Because that's how you get Factorio!

I wouldn't mind Factorio wire signals and combinators. It allows for so much more automation and interesting setups when you can do actual math. However less can do fine. A single number in each wire is enough. Also I would like to add that I find ONI much more fun than Factorio, particularly when it comes to all the stuff outside of automation.

4 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Or add that "microcontroller" component, where you have, say, 4 digital or sensor value inputs (via special wire) and 4 digital outputs and can put in some LUA code in an Arduino-style loop. Probably would not even be very hard to make, embedding LUA is very easy. I have done it myself for an experiment in some other system. Including removing interpreter features such as filesystem access it took about a day. That was in C code though.

For the red/green change, I find it far easier to see what is going on now.

Still doesn't give the ability to have two sensors and then subtract the measured numbers to figure out which one has the highest measured value.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheGCat said:

As I said in another thread: Oxylite should be possible with other materials too. Another refined metal. Iron, Copper, whatever.

Actually, iron would make much more sense than gold to bond oxygen... That is what nature uses in most cases (Hemoglobin). Cooper would also work to a lesser extent (that's why there are much more red-bloded creatures than green blooded). Gold makes no sense other than BLING

• Like 1

Dear Klei, big thanks for adding Thimble Reed seeds into care packages, but I would want to ask for Gold Amalgam too.

Starting in forest biome (Arboria) is a bit challenging because of low starting water supply, yet we have another trouble with overheating pumps in Cool Steam Vents or Salt Water Geisers at pre-steel stage of the game. There are no swamp biomes, still we can get everything (shroom seeds/food, algae, thimble reed, puflets) from swamp by a lucky care package, but no amalgam (until you discover it in a geode by a rare chance, if you even have geodes on your world seed tho).

On 7/21/2019 at 4:34 PM, woodenstars said:

Dear Klei, big thanks for adding Thimble Reed seeds into care packages, but I would want to ask for Gold Amalgam too.

Starting in forest biome (Arboria) is a bit challenging because of low starting water supply, yet we have another trouble with overheating pumps in Cool Steam Vents or Salt Water Geisers at pre-steel stage of the game. There are no swamp biomes, still we can get everything (shroom seeds/food, algae, thimble reed, puflets) from swamp by a lucky care package, but no amalgam (until you discover it in a geode by a rare chance, if you even have geodes on your world seed tho).

Best chance I can see is geoactive, and hope for a gold volcano. Either that or they need to make some building that only takes gold to also take another type of metal.

Aside from that, anyone has problem with crop tending? It seems like my farmer not tending crop anymore (they just keep making micro nutrient but never applied it to the plant at all. ) 

21 minutes ago, nivodeus said:

Best chance I can see is geoactive, and hope for a gold volcano. Either that or they need to make some building that only takes gold to also take another type of metal.

Aside from that, anyone has problem with crop tending? It seems like my farmer not tending crop anymore (they just keep making micro nutrient but never applied it to the plant at all. ) 

Yeah occasionally they'll stop watering a plant. Replanting it works, so it's probably a bug.

5 hours ago, nivodeus said:

Gold volcano (refined gold) can't help with overheating pumps, it's either gold amalgam or steel.

Edited by woodenstars
Clarity