Recommended Posts

kkirkfield    13
Posted (edited)

Looks like floating branches are back, and when I click on a floating branch it crashes the game now. Clicking the small branch below consistently crashes while the game is paused.

image.thumb.png.ba3dbf1fcfeb076ccd58778e06924323.png

 

I've attached the save with the crash. Just load it up and click on the floating branch to crash.

Exponential Doom Cycle 44.sav

Edited by kkirkfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThinkRhino    0
2 minutes ago, kkirkfield said:

Looks like floating branches are back, and when I click on a floating branch it crashes the game now.

Can confirm floating branches however, I did not notice whether it crashed my game. I am however suffering from frequent crashes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squeegee    639
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Automation gates and tools techs have been reordered to provide a more logical progression

logical

HA

Edited by Squeegee
More info
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skrivener    124

QoL request: can we make progress bars "unselectable" please? They aren't actually selectable of course but they get in the way of selecting other things like blocks, when they should be "transparent" to the selection process.

Also bug on large screens (only?) where muckroot tooltip in consumables pushes off the top of the screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BaloneyOs    248
3 hours ago, Nickerooni said:

Is there a bug report on that? I haven’t seen any reports of this and wanted to play this weekend.

Double checked and for some reason only the ones to the right of the printing pod get fertilized, while the ones to the left are completely ignored. Wouldn't be surprised if some crop tending bug has already been reported

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mathmanican    1,884
2 hours ago, ThinkRhino said:

I am however suffering from frequent crashes.

The forums are going to be busy this weekend. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Siromatik    123
7 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Trees will no longer grow multiple branches in the same location

'Farming Overlay' is really loading faster now, nice.

6 hours ago, BaloneyOs said:

Crop tending is still broken so still kinda unplayable.

Your plants doesnt looks ready to harvest, am I missing something ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SakuraKoi    568
6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Space Destination mass replenishing works correctly

Now if you could consider taking a look at what sadly so few can test and possibly even implement a few more destinations per seed, that'd be sweet. From what I can tell it seems like the total number has not changed even though the distance has nearly doubled. My past observations showed me a variance from 16 to 24 with some destinations certain, that did not seem to have changed.

For the QoL3 version, https://toolsnotincluded.net/ serves as fine probability statistic thingy. Of 53735 uploaded seeds, 45780 are valid for sampling since that many have at least 1 of the following: Carbon Asteroid, Ice Planet, Metallic Asteroid, Organic Mass and Rocky Asteroid. 45780/45780=>100%. Not quite sure why ~8000 are invalid but I expect that those consistently did not record the star maps, at all.

Probability of the uncertain destinations (Qol3) are:

  • Dusty Dwarf 38587 of 45780=>84% 
  • Volcanic Planet, Terrestrial Planet, Gas Giant and Ice Giant 29981 to 30614 of 45780=>66% 
  • Satellite  43165 of 45780=>94% (shucks to be the 6% cuz no space steel)

 

Another humble suggestion is too make more destinations set, of course not all of them but Chlorine and Wolframite/Tungsten should be available for all seeds. For the time being, those destinations are rather rare even while certain worlds lack them completely (Wolframite for Lush Forest, Hot Forest, Oasis) or are missing the sustain (all for Wolframite, half of all for Chlorine minus random geyser chance). The above lil study also shows that you might as well make one Satellite certain because being that unlucky is just utterly saddening.

Oh, and I noticed that a lot of gases on new destinations are apparently solid when they should not be, at least the overview tells me that they need a Cargo Bay.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Siromatik    123
Posted (edited)

Something is broke in Sandbox Mode, using the Brush/Fill Tools with gases (haven't tried them all) will paint 1800g whatever value you enters more than 1800g (still works if you're using a value under 1800g)

I'd tweaked a bit with files so I want to be sure is it me or someone else is experiencing this before bug report

Edited by Siromatik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radam    53
5 minutes ago, Siromatik said:

Something is broke in Sandbox Mode, using the Brush/Fill Tools with gases (haven't tried them all) will paint 1800g whatever value you enters more than 1800g (still works if you're using a value under 1800g)

I'd tweaked a bit with files so I want to be sure is it me or someone else is experiencing this before bug report

I was quicker :p

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGCat    181
8 hours ago, Heister said:


Jeez your base is absurd...

I don't think I can ever make anything this big!

Anyway I was doing nothing anyway and just out of curiosity decided to look at your issue and figured out what was wrong, I could fix it, if you REALLY want to play this save on the weekend and don't mind risking losing something or breaking your save I could upload a patch file and you manually patch your game to load your save... (You'd have to patch it yourself because I don't think it's legal for me to distribute game files). PM me if you want it ;)

Ehm, it is not finished yet. The other person in the Bugreport has probably a bigger base. His savefile is 87MB big! Couldn't view his base, because of the error. But the developers wrote in the report and said, the monument is causing it. For all others: Don't build a monument in a room bigger than 500 cells! No questions about it! :eek-new:

If you can load my savegame, please deconstruct the monuments and send me the savefile. Would be the easiest thing and I don't must use mods. Thanks :eagerness: Please use the original savegame. It seems you have run the game for a while. Some constructions zones are finished on your screen. Or I became old. Don't know. Have a nice day.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aresd    63

Did Russian translations be done using Magic Gooddy? why animal husbandry became farming?:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darkin Coaled    175
12 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

more logical progression

*snort* *facepalm*

You so funneh...

Thanks for fixing the trees, that was so annoying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EFH52    0

In this hotfix or the last, has anyone seen a spike in GPU usage. Mine used to run at 30% and now pegs out at 99-100% most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aevum    4

Not sure if this is a balance issue but Arboria feels like kind of a trap map right now.

Getting Reed Fiber seems too hard as the only sources are dreckos and care package seeds.

Getting gold isn't possible so no access to oxylite production(outside of tuft) and supercoolant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OxCD    332

Ok I was playing ONI yesterday, in the last patch.

Now, since this one, I cannot load my save at all... I can start a new game, so it seems that my save file that is corrupted by the new patch (or has been by the last one ???).

Save joined, if someone doesn't mind to try.

OxCD's Shack.sav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGCat    181
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Aevum said:

Not sure if this is a balance issue but Arboria feels like kind of a trap map right now.

Getting Reed Fiber seems too hard as the only sources are dreckos and care package seeds.

Getting gold isn't possible so no access to oxylite production(outside of tuft) and supercoolant.

If you have luck, you have an exo-planet with gold, but these are mostly far away and not reachable with oxylite (in my tested games)... otherwise you must send steam rockets to get the research databanks for the liquid oxygen fuel. It was something I never wanted to do (cost a huge amount of time), so I cheated the gold into the game.

Ranching Dreckos is something, that is also a bad idea just for the fibres. To get enough fibres, you need MANY of them (Performance...AI, Dupe time =>  bad choice in my opinion!). Many buildings need them too. And you need also 5 for the insulation material. If you have collected 300 for example, it sounds huge, but in reality, it were 60 orders Insulation => 6000KG Insulation. If you want to build Insulated pipes/tiles from insulation it were 15 pieces a 400KG... And now think about how many you need for a large construction project. :cower:

They added now the care packets with fibres. It is a possibility to get the right amount. As I started the game after the beta launch, there wasn't care packages with fibres. The only solution to protect the performance seems to be just wild planting the fibres with the PIP. Some player told me to ranch to get the missing material, but maybe it is just me or these people don't build big. This Suggestion is bad for big bases in my opinion. If the game is not very well optimized to ranching like an evil genius, it is no possibility for me.

Another thing is, this depends a bit of the map. If you have the right traits there were no difficulties. Slime Molts, Geodes with gold etc. If you are a unlucky fellow, you have a problem.

As I said in another thread: Oxylite should be possible with other materials too. Another refined metal. Iron, Copper, whatever.

27 minutes ago, OxCD said:

Ok I was playing ONI yesterday, in the last patch.

Now, since this one, I cannot load my save at all... I can start a new game, so it seems that my save file that is corrupted by the new patch (or has been by the last one ???).

Save joined, if someone doesn't mind to try.

OxCD's Shack.sav

Have you build a monument? If yes, welcome in the club.

 

Edited by TheGCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OxCD    332
14 minutes ago, TheGCat said:

Have you build a monument? If yes, welcome in the club.

 

Nop, not even... :-/

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heister    58
4 hours ago, TheGCat said:

Ehm, it is not finished yet. The other person in the Bugreport has probably a bigger base. His savefile is 87MB big! Couldn't view his base, because of the error. But the developers wrote in the report and said, the monument is causing it. For all others: Don't build a monument in a room bigger than 500 cells! No questions about it! :eek-new:

If you can load my savegame, please deconstruct the monuments and send me the savefile. Would be the easiest thing and I don't must use mods. Thanks :eagerness: Please use the original savegame. It seems you have run the game for a while. Some constructions zones are finished on your screen. Or I became old. Don't know. Have a nice day.

 

I didn't run the game, just looking at it paused dragged my pc to less than 20 fps...

I removed both top monuments as fast as possible (priority 9) to not affect your game much and tested on the vanilla game and all seems ok, have fun :)

nomonuments.sav

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nitroturtle    555
2 hours ago, OxCD said:

Ok I was playing ONI yesterday, in the last patch.

Now, since this one, I cannot load my save at all... I can start a new game, so it seems that my save file that is corrupted by the new patch (or has been by the last one ???).

Save joined, if someone doesn't mind to try.

OxCD's Shack.sav

I loaded it up and ran a couple cycles, worked fine for me.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OxCD    332
28 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

I loaded it up and ran a couple cycles, worked fine for me.

Dammit. I've uninstalled the game, then added it back from steam, same issue for me, stuck on the save loading... grrr.

Never had such issue before. Never had issue with ONI before last few days I must say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGCat    181
1 hour ago, Heister said:

I didn't run the game, just looking at it paused dragged my pc to less than 20 fps...

I removed both top monuments as fast as possible (priority 9) to not affect your game much and tested on the vanilla game and all seems ok, have fun :)

nomonuments.sav

Runs fine. Thanks a lot. :victorious:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
melquiades    49
16 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Automation signals have been renamed to "Green" and "Red" because Active and Standby were misleading in some situations

Now that you are changing major stuff with automation, will you fix critter sensors to make more sense? just to make them more than/less than like regular sensors?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nitroturtle    555
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, OxCD said:

Dammit. I've uninstalled the game, then added it back from steam, same issue for me, stuck on the save loading... grrr.

Never had such issue before. Never had issue with ONI before last few days I must say.

So the first time I loaded it, I did notice it took awhile, but I walked away and came back and it had loaded.  I just tried again and actually paid attention, it's taking a VERY long time to load, like 7-8 minutes.  In comparison, I loaded up an older 2000 cycle save of mine and it took 1 minute.  Granted, my save has none of the new LU items, so maybe it's an issue there.  I'd suggest submitting a bug about the loading and including that save.

Edited by Nitroturtle
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now