Warly Makes Landfall in DST Next Week!

8 hours ago, JoeW said:

Warly remembers the dishes he ate for up to two days and will enjoy them less every time they are repeated.

Will there be some indicator of which food he remembered? Bc there is no way I remember what I ate for the last two days 

1 minute ago, Parusoid said:

Will there be some indicator of which food he remembered? Bc there is no way I remember what I ate for the last two days 

I hope they add at least the ability to inspect food and to tell if it's the one the gnaw desires... I mean if Warly ate it in the last 2 days.

Else you'll have to wait till the 1st modder makes a mod displaying your food history.

8 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Else you'll have to wait till the 1st modder makes a mod displaying your food history

BTW for all the modders. I already have a code that brings up the table with consumed foods and time left to forget (assuming it works same as in DS), but displays only within console, I just don't know how to put it nicely on the HUD, hmu if you have an idea 

6 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

BTW for all the modders. I already have a code that brings up the table with consumed foods and time left to forget (assuming it works same as in DS), but displays only within console, I just don't know how to put it nicely on the HUD, hmu if you have an idea 

First thing that came to mind is something like the log meter.
Shows an icon of the last food item you ate, and once the meter hits 0, he's forgotten it and can eat it again.

6 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Perhaps you could somehow use the hud of this mod?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1688661034

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

Perhaps you could somehow use the hud of this mod?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1688661034

1 minute ago, _Skorpeon said:

First thing that came to mind is something like the log meter.
Shows an icon of the last food item you ate, and once the meter hits 0, he's forgotten it and can eat it again.

Well in my mind icons of consumed foods along with time to forget were to appear in the bottom right corner, similary how the icons appear here:

Spoiler

its from the Item Info mod

iconsdst.jpg.308f44db017f3fe6200bbdc2749f5d00.jpg

what you are suggesting is having a tooltip, not visible all the time, but being able to bring up on a keybound, which sounds nice. But as i said, i never worked with HUD while doing all my other mods :(

10 hours ago, JoeW said:

The Portable Seasoning Station combines a prepared dish with seasoning powder to add bonus effects to the food.

inbf "your temperature will rise/lower by 40 degrees over 10 seconds"

I will physically commit lego step.

9 hours ago, KCDA said:

IS THIS A PAINTING OR A PHOTOGRAPH? WHY IS IT IN COLOR? Is the DS/DST timeline more messed up then I thought it was?

Back in the day people would sometimes colour photos made with black-and-white film after or during developing them (not sure about the exact process).

Although that resulted in a much more contrasting colours than there, but I'll write it off as artistic licence.

Words cannot explain how excited I am about this! AAAHHH!! Sure, I'll probably have a hard time playing him like I always do, but I don't care 'cause I love Warly so much lmao. Looking forward to the 25th! Thanks, Klei!!

It would be nice if most Gorge recipes were added with this update(not suprised if only some are added or if non Gorge recipes are added instead of Gorge ones) 

So many of them look go good and I would easily make them even if they were expensive to make.

I hope a non portable Seasoning Station and Grinding Mill will be added that other characters can use.

I am suprised Grill wasn't on the list. 

Anybody else drooling when thinking on which recipes might get added?

13 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

Anybody else drooling when thinking on which recipes might get added?

I was talking with some people in my discord server, and we thought a cool idea would be a pizza. When it is removed from the crockpot it becomes 6 individual slices, so you can share with your group.

Oh hey Klei-dev-pals :D

I have a few mod-related questions for Warly:

1. Will the Spice Mill lock out all players completely, or can you mod in new recipes that are accessible to other characters too?

2. Are the new crops going to be cabbage-patch babies, or will they use the Gorge anims?

3. Likewise, will the seeds use the classic designs or are they getting the Gorge reskin treatment?

I would appreciate any info on this as it’s relevant to a ‘secret’ project I’m working on...

4 minutes ago, Finnja said:

how fast would that make his hunger drain?

Normally you loose 75 hunger daily.

Warly's hunger drains 20% faster, which makes him loose not 75 but 90 hunger every day.

As Warly you'll starve after 2.78 days (22.22 minutes in rl), any other character (besides Wolfgang, Wes or Wormwood) would need a max hunger of 208.33 to survive as long as Warly.

13 minutes ago, Finnja said:

how fast would that make his hunger drain?

Hunger drains at 9.365 per minute for a regular character. Uping that value by adding 20% of its value to itself results in 11.25 hunger

There are 8 minutes in a day so per day you lose 90 hunger as warly 

Edit; darnit I got ninjad'

Archived