[Game Update] - 352881

5 minutes ago, DarkMaster13 said:

Can't you auto-sweep the phosphorite into the farm tiles/planter boxes?

I could, but keep in mind that delivering to a farm tile/planter box is still a farm/supply task.

To many times did a duplicant go for a task an autosweeper could do without problems. (I have farming on a high priority.)

=> I can live with some lost work time or I need to isolate my wheezeworts...

Spoiler

For me wheezeworts were a way to apply a light chill in an small area with  a low building footprint.

If I am encourged to automate my wheezeworts, I will go for bigger "setups/modules" which are just build to delete heat.

=> The infrastructure would be more similar to how I use an AETN or auquatuner.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I could, but keep in mind that delivering to a farm tile/planter box is still a farm/supply task.

To many times did a duplicant go for a task an autosweeper could do without problems. (I have farming on a high priority.)

=> I can live with some lost work time or I need to isolate my wheezeworts...

Reveal hidden contents

For me wheezeworts were a way to apply a light chill in an small area with  a low building footprint.

If I am encourged to automate my wheezeworts, I will go for bigger "setups/modules" which are just build to delete heat.

=> The infrastructure would be more similar to how I use an AETN or auquatuner.

If you set the priority of a planter box / farm tile to 1 it will still be filled by a sweeper but effectively ignored by the duplicants unless they are basically idle.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Harlequin80 said:

If you set the priority of a planter box / farm tile to 1 it will still be filled by a sweeper but effectively ignored by the duplicants unless they are basically idle.

If like I said I have farming on a higher priority my duplicants will try to do a newly generated farm job like fertilizing a wheezewort over most other tasks. [Harvesting to late means losing resources, so it has a higher priority than most tasks.]

=> Every now and then a duplicant decides to travel across the whole map just to take away a job which an autosweeper could do.

I saw something similar happen in my kitchen really often:

Spoiler

I have my oven on a higher priority than my grill and producing mushroom wraps atm. (Mushrooms beeing the limiting factor.)

Both building are next to each other with one space gap in between and an autosweeper above my grill.

My duplicant produce the fried mushroom on the grill, supply the fried mushroom to the oven, walk over and start producing the mushroom wrap using the oven.

=> Why does my duplicant take the supply job which my autosweeper could do while he walks over ?

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

[snip]

You could just utilize doors to not allow duplicants into your rooms that have been fully automated.  That would solve the issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ecu said:

You could just utilize doors to not allow duplicants into your rooms that have been fully automated.  That would solve the issue.

My thought exactyl. But he dont like the either... He´s just unhappy with the change, and wants to complain about it. You can come up with the best solution ever, no one has ever thought about, and he will reject it, because it wont revert the change. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

He's been duped?

Tadaaaaa !! ^^

Still, I'm surprised you didn't mentionned here that matter duplication is still working :D are you sick !?

Edited by OxCD
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DarkMaster13 said:

Can't you auto-sweep the phosphorite into the farm tiles/planter boxes?

I feel like there's a limit to how much effort wheezeworts are worth though, even if you technically can produce everything you need for them without spending any actual resources. A wheezewort removes what, 12 kDTU each? An aquatuner+steam turbine removes 585 kDTU with polluted water (and about double that if you get late enough in the game for super coolant, plus if you're using super coolant it costs almost no power to run), so we're talking about 48-49 wheezeworts to remove as much heat as a single aquatuner can remove, which of course begs the question of if it's actually worth the effort to set up all the infrastructure (not to mention gather the wheezeworts too) you need to get wheezeworts working when the aquatuner+steam turbine setup works pretty well anyway.

Wheezeworts used to be pretty low effort to set up, but now they take a lot more effort to set up and frankly I think it takes less effort to just build the steam turbine+aquatuner for heat deletion instead, and it removes way more heat than wheezeworts will and it's easier to automate too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I feel like if we're talking about setting up Sweeper Arms and Conveyors to supply Wheezeworts, we're not talking about early game spot cooling.  In order to get Sweepers and Conveyors, you need to get to, what, tier 4 research?  Not to mention have the supply of Refined Metal to build all the parts, and have spent at least 6 Skill Points on one of your Dupes to get Mechtronics.

None of that is early game spot cooling, which is what Wheezeworts were best at and most often used for.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

My thought exactyl. But he dont like the either... He´s just unhappy with the change, and wants to complain about it. You can come up with the best solution ever, no one has ever thought about, and he will reject it, because it wont revert the change. 

Please remember the posting guidelines. No personal attacks.

Also, if he is unhappy with the changes, that is not a "just". That is a valid complaint.

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

If like I said I have farming on a higher priority my duplicants will try to do a newly generated farm job like fertilizing a wheezewort over most other tasks. [Harvesting to late means losing resources, so it has a higher priority than most tasks.]

=> Every now and then a duplicant decides to travel across the whole map just to take away a job which an autosweeper could do.

I saw something similar happen in my kitchen really often:

Reveal hidden contents

I have my oven on a higher priority than my grill and producing mushroom wraps atm. (Mushrooms beeing the limiting factor.)

Both building are next to each other with one space gap in between and an autosweeper above my grill.

My duplicant produce the fried mushroom on the grill, supply the fried mushroom to the oven, walk over and start producing the mushroom wrap using the oven.

=> Why does my duplicant take the supply job which my autosweeper could do while he walks over ?

Klei should really add a new "sweeper" priority level so that dupes will just ignore jobs that can be taken care by an autosweeper.

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, DMFan79 said:

Klei should really add a new "sweeper" priority level so that dupes will just ignore jobs that can be taken care by an autosweeper.

This would be rather simple. If a task would be assigned to a dupe, the system checks, if a sweeper is in range. If not > Dupe. If so, then more checks, if the sweeper can do the job.

2 hours ago, asdf11784 said:

I feel like there's a limit to how much effort wheezeworts are worth though, even if you technically can produce everything you need for them without spending any actual resources. A wheezewort removes what, 12 kDTU each? An aquatuner+steam turbine removes 585 kDTU with polluted water (and about double that if you get late enough in the game for super coolant, plus if you're using super coolant it costs almost no power to run), so we're talking about 48-49 wheezeworts to remove as much heat as a single aquatuner can remove, which of course begs the question of if it's actually worth the effort to set up all the infrastructure (not to mention gather the wheezeworts too) you need to get wheezeworts working when the aquatuner+steam turbine setup works pretty well anyway.

Wheezeworts used to be pretty low effort to set up, but now they take a lot more effort to set up and frankly I think it takes less effort to just build the steam turbine+aquatuner for heat deletion instead, and it removes way more heat than wheezeworts will and it's easier to automate too.

Are they really that much more effort though?  All you need to do is put them in a place that your dupes can reach and have them come by once every three cycles to drop off some phosphorite.  That seems fine for some early spot heat removal.  You certainly shouldn't need to go for hydrogen environments for that.  Maybe better to think of them as being dupe-less ice-e-fans?  Sort of like moving from manual generators to coal ones, instead of needing dupes to running the machine directly they just periodically drop by to load more fuel.

Edited by DarkMaster13
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, DMFan79 said:

Locked rooms have 0 priority for dupes. Setting sweeper areas to extremely low priority also helps. However if a dupe is bored, they will eventually steal jobs from a sweeper area.

24 minutes ago, bobucles said:

Locked rooms have 0 priority for dupes. Setting sweeper areas to extremely low priority also helps. However if a dupe is bored, they will eventually steal jobs from a sweeper area.

There are several ways to force dupes to ignore tasks, but they're all workarounds that more often than not are just annoying.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, asdf11784 said:

They are still low effort. Just slap down a farm tile and put a wort there. Dupes will supply it with phosphorite automatically. Very quick and easy IMO. They are not really meant to be a permanent endgame solution. Just a stepping stone until you unlock better tech...

1 minute ago, Argelle said:

In the last update, how do I get the acorn to be replanted?

image.thumb.png.a01e5a878c6a64cb49b4894e2f94b8b7.png

Balm lily seed is ok and get the 'plant' box ungreyed, arbor acorn has enough space (3x3), farm tile is a no go, so I'm out of ideas...

There is a mealwood to the left of your arbor that is blocking it

12 minutes ago, bobucles said:

except for the mealwood plant literally blocking it.

Thanks for the swift replies! :)

"Emit 1 ton of CO², but did plant one virtual arbor to compensate"

Edited by Argelle

10 hours ago, Ecu said:

how do you automate harvesting?  his point was you need higher priority for harvesting and locking dups out wont solve that...and neither will priorities.

Edited by chemie
  • Like 1