• Developer
  • Salt vine salt output increased
  • Salt vine uses more sand and less chlorine
  • Wheezewort phosphorite usage reduced
  • Airborne Critter Bait no longer "turns off", and has no more logic port
  • Airborne Critter Bait plays destruction animation
  • Gas/Liquid pipes correctly update their temperature frame-to-frame
  • Updated artwork for Ethanol Distillery
  • Fix crash when a fabricator building completes a recipe the same frame it becomes inoperational
  • Building "Errands" panel correctly shows chore orders once again
  • Fix crash when starting a new game

View full update

• Like 16
  • Thanks 17

15 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Gas/Liquid pipes correctly update their temperature frame-to-frame

YO WHY NOW! I just quit ONI and agreed to play TFT with a friend cause I didn't wanna fry my base!

Jk. I mean no, I am stuck in TFT for a while, but good work there. Thanks :D I'm having a blast with this update now that I finally had some time to give it a proper go. Got very invested in my colony, I hope it doesn't explode when the games goes live-live :D

Edited by Ellilea
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Giltirn said:

Yay for the wheezewort buff! Anyone know how much the cost is now? I'm hoping less than 10kg/cycle.

4kg/cycle now.

Looks like they are still bugged though and providing the same output wild vs domesticated.

@Ipsquiggle can we get this fixed to help with our cooling woes?

Edited by Nitroturtle
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Nitroturtle said:

4kg/cycle now.

Currently testing to see if they actually provide more cooling now when domesticated.

Wow, that's better than I had hoped. A non-groomed but fed drecko makes about 5kg/cycle so as long as we set up a room with some balm lilies and a bunch of dreckos we can maintain a decent number of worts now without too much effort.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

What's the Borg Cube?

It was an exploit build I made a long time ago that gave you virtually infinite cooling for next to no power cost. The build was 6x6 tiles and extremely easy to build, so a lot of people used it.

I made it to high-light how broken the particular bug it used was, and how it affected all players in every game, no matter if they knew it or not.

Here's the new version

Edited by Saturnus

Is it me or something was changed regarding travel time calculations for the supply errands? I no longer get the long commute notification since yesterday's update. Total travel time now stays around 35% whereas just before it would infuriatingly not go below 45%. 

Hey did something change with the Rust Deoxydiser in this build? I'm burning up salt at a crazy rate suddenly. 

Update:

Ah, I see now this was an update in the build yesterday. Man these machines gobble resources now at a ridiculous rate, I don't see how this is a sustainable option anymore. 

• Rust Deoxydizer now has higher input rates, but outputs Iron Ore in addition to its previous outputs
Edited by Entrails
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

What do you need more iron ore for though? I think it's a bad tradeoff, especially since the thing falls on the ground and creates unsightly clutter.

Same way as anything else.  Fed with sweepers and conveyors.

Works nicely for me as I now take the iron ore direct to my smelters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Wheezewort phosphorite usage reduced

I have to say, that this change didn´t do anything for me.

=> I will still not use domesticated wheezworts

[The niche wheezeworts were filling was beeing able to remove "some/a bit" of heat WITHOUT needing duplicant interaction/access.]

=> I would prefer a lower throughput or lower temperature delta over any solid resource requirement.

[Requiring irrigation or "eating/deleting" some of the consumed/cooled gas would be a much better solution in my eyes.]

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I have to say, that this change didn´t do anything for me.

=> I will still not use domesticated wheezworts

[The niche wheezeworts were filling was beeing able to remove "some/a bit" of heat WITHOUT needing duplicant interaction/access.]

=> I would prefer a lower throughput or lower temperature delta over any solid resource requirement.

[Requiring irrigation or "eating/deleting" some of the consumed/cooled gas would be a much better solution in my eyes.]

Can't you auto-sweep the phosphorite into the farm tiles/planter boxes?

• Like 1