Retrofitting Non-Beta Worlds

• Developer
1 hour ago, Terra M Welch said:

So, will there be a means to port beta worlds over to the stable branch when RoT releases? I'm sure alot of people would like to port their retrofitted worlds back to the stable branch when RoT is released.

Unfortunately we do not have a supported system for doing this. The only way will be to pick between your DoNotStarveTogether and DoNotStarveTogetherReturnOfThemBeta save folders (detailed instructions will be provided later). Some people in the community may discover and share how to move over specific saved worlds, but it will require hacking the save data, so we do caution against this as a mistake could lose all your worlds. Should you try, remember to backup your entire save folder.

Existing worlds in the stable branch will be automatically updated (retrofitted) to contain all the RoT content.

21 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Unfortunately we do not have a supported system for doing this. The only way will be to pick between your DoNotStarveTogether and DoNotStarveTogetherReturnOfThemBeta save folders (detailed instructions will be provided later). Some people in the community may discover and share how to move over specific saved worlds, but it will require hacking the save data, so we do caution against this as a mistake could lose all your worlds. Should you try, remember to backup your entire save folder.

Existing worlds in the stable branch will be automatically updated (retrofitted) to contain all the RoT content.

Well that's going to make it very, very difficult to port over a specific world from the beta branch over to the stable branch.

This is the reason why custom map creation is such a pain.

I do know of saveindex manipulating and moving over cluster files, it's just a pain to do.

• Developer

I just pushed a minor hotfix 359823 that should improve the stability of adding the island to the world (for people with low-end video cards may be crashing). It also adds more points to test against when trying to place the large island (ie the likelihood of getting the large island should be higher).

After last update, Now new moon biome is more bigger than last in my last world, but I wanted to ask, didnt you forgot about something? :) Im not sure if its missing or intended that smaller islands around big island is missing. Looking other screenshots is missing too! Its not  a huge deal, but still :) a.thumb.png.796c8e027ab61f1ba9c3d97bcae545b5.png

Hi!

Beta is over, but we started a new world from it. Now it can't be accessed anymore. I did some of this copy world process before so I'm familiar with it.

Can we expect for copying the beta created world into the regular non-beta folder to work? It would be helpful to not start from scratch again.

We'll probably try anyway with a backup

• Developer
2 hours ago, Struggler said:

Hi!

Beta is over, but we started a new world from it. Now it can't be accessed anymore. I did some of this copy world process before so I'm familiar with it.

Can we expect for copying the beta created world into the regular non-beta folder to work? It would be helpful to not start from scratch again.

We'll probably try anyway with a backup

This is something I hope to improve in the future, but for now, please refer to my post above:

Hey!  I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this but I'm going to do it anyway since I don't know where I'd ask it otherwise. If I have a world before the new update comes out are my worlds going to update or not?

• Developer
On 4/18/2020 at 4:52 AM, Ywwy said:

Hey!  I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this but I'm going to do it anyway since I don't know where I'd ask it otherwise. If I have a world before the new update comes out are my worlds going to update or not?

Your old worlds will have the new content added. 

The new Cave Biomes were not retrofitted into my world. Is there a way to fix this? I read somewhere that there should be a wormhole in the Blue Mushroom Biome and it will lead you to the new biome, but when I jumped through it crashed my game.

21 minutes ago, BlueSpark said:

The new Cave Biomes were not retrofitted into my world. Is there a way to fix this? I read somewhere that there should be a wormhole in the Blue Mushroom Biome and it will lead you to the new biome, but when I jumped through it crashed my game.

Disable the Wormhole marks mod, the mod doesn't support wormholes in caves and thus crashes.

Archived