goboking    1,566
5 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Light requirements have been removed from rooms

I can't say that I agree with this move as I don't personally think 10W and a bit of heat is too great an asking price for room bonuses, but I'm sure some will love this change.

• Like 3

Kangaax    64
4 minutes ago, Squeegee said:

These are all excellent changes

I have to concur!

Edited by Kangaax

Nitroturtle    633
11 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Balance pass on geysers, bringing up the rates of some of the Gas Vents, and also reducing the rates of the Cool Slush Geyser.
  • The min and max outputs of all geysers has been narrowed, reducing the variability between instances of the same geyser somewhat.

Awesome, thanks!

CannedSmeef    169
15 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Wood Generator audio added
  • New foods added and updated (Pacu Fillet, Surf n Turf, Grilled Pacu, Mushroom Wrap, Spicy Tofu and Frost Burger)
  • A balance pass on all foods has been done
  • Crops which are fully grown will drop their harvest when uprooted
  • Light requirements have been removed from rooms
  • The bonus from working a machine in light has been raised to 15%

My favorite changes, thank you thank you thank you Klei!

• Like 1

lykortos    0
11 minutes ago, goboking said:

I can't say that I agree with this move as I don't personally think 10W and a bit of heat is too great an asking price for room bonuses, but I'm sure some will love this change.

Indeed, I do not agree with this change either. 

goboking    1,566
Just now, Giltirn said:

I approve of removing light requirements from rooms and replacing it with a bonus - carrots are always better than sticks.

The carrot was the +3/+6 Morale Bonus from eating in a Mess Hall/Great Hall, +1/+2 from sleeping in a Barracks/Bed Room, etc.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Caochu    602

I was supposed to play DST tonight to loot some sick skins, but you made it more difficult than it should Ipsquiggle :cower:

I greatly enjoy this update :victorious: There would be too much to quote if I had to detail :friendly_wink:

OxCD    474
30 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Is tuning'up a generator a "work" on a "machine" ?

Nice update by the way. So much enjoyable to be listened as a commu when unbalance mechanisms are highlighted.

EDIT : wooops. Sorry but I'll join some of us. I really love the +15% bonus, but I disagree with the light requirements withdrawal.

29 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Light requirements have been removed from rooms

Edited by OxCD
  • Like 1

goboking    1,566
Just now, JarrettM said:

Sushi has been removed but Pacu Fillet has been added. Pacu fillet is just raw fish meat (1000kcal, quality +2)

Does this mean lettuce is only eaten raw and used to cook mushroom wraps now?

OxCD    474
34 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • New foods added and updated (Pacu Fillet, Surf n Turf, Grilled Pacu, Mushroom Wrap, Spicy Tofu and Frost Burger)

1 minute ago, goboking said:

@goboking Did you check all new recipes ?

DarkMaster13    232
4 minutes ago, goboking said:

It's on burgers too, but that's it.  Side note, burgers apparently need to be cooked in the oven, even though they're a mix of already cooked food.  Same with the Surf'n'turf.

wronny    216
18 minutes ago, goboking said:

+1/+2 from sleeping in a Barracks/Bed Room

These rooms already didn't require lights in the previous build.

32 minutes ago, goboking said:

I can't say that I agree with this move as I don't personally think 10W

Yep, 10W aren't much already and with the most simple automation - a motion sensor hooked up to the light - the requirement could be brought down even further, while staying true to the design intent. I didn't really mind the light requirement. On a positive note, this means less messy wiring in the core base.

---

Anyways long list of very good changes - both in terms of bugfixes and balancing <3

Edited by wronny
spelling
  • Confused 1

OxCD    474
Just now, Kharmah said:

It's not really the cost I had a problem with it was the requirement. I didn't like that you MUST have the light source for the room. Changing the bonus for working in light from 5% to 15% and getting rid of the requirement makes me want it instead of needing it. Also, people were just adding lights to the room then disabling the lights so there was no reason to have it.

While I agree for the power plant, what about the others ? Massage clinic, hospital, great hall, recreation room, washroom, and so on... I'm not sure 15% benefit are working on them. Will the dup use toilet, sink, massage table, sick bay, arcade, etc... faster ?

• Like 4

Lilalaunekuh    865
34 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • A balance pass on all foods has been done

The current food system feels very much broken:

• Barbeque is still the only food providing a "buff". Why should I use it as an ingredients?
  • Pacu were already the best source of "meat" (pre beta branch) and now they got even better as an early food source. (You can refine them now without pincha pepper).
  • Nosh beans feel like a useless addition. Hard to farm, but still no real benefit.

39 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fluids/Gasses in dead-end pipes will flow towards a destination

Not sure if that´s just a beneficial change. (I would prefer the old state where the gas/liquid will just stop moving.)

41 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Light requirements have been removed from rooms

In the last version adding a light requirement to really every room seemed a bit pointless.

But I would prefer if lights would still be a requirement for the higher tier rooms like great hall or washroom.

• Like 2

Grimgaw    523
43 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Crops which are fully grown will drop their harvest when uprooted

About time.

• Like 1