[Game Update] - 352488

Hi guys... I believe there is a bug in the new build.

My heat transfer between pipes has stopped working. This solutions used to transfer heat from hot oil to cool polluted water but now it does nothing. Polluted water stays at around 30C all the time.

image.thumb.png.c74c520ed40d4adf93c7a4f965d126a2.png

image.thumb.png.0c551040f16dde4c07c86ff483464372.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

This is great!  But can you also add them to the   ore dumper. so we can actually deliver the sleet wheat seeds to the pip.

currently im having to deliver them to the fridge and manual drop it via unchecking.

It's not listed as seed.

It's under cooking ingredient only. I've already reported it as a bug. Nosh sprout is listed into cooking ingredient & seed. Both should be listed the same way, as for both the seed is also the ingredient.

7 hours ago, Giltirn said:

Now with the buff they actually serve a real purpose and I am encouraged to light up all my machine areas.

But you'll probably not light up your washroom, great hall & recreation room anymore. Even if your dups would be using toilets, shower, sink, mess table, arcade, Juke-box, etc... faster, the timing is set into the schedule. If it's bath time, it's bath time. Dup will probably wander a little bit more if he has finished his ablutions before the allocated timing end, but he will not use this time wisely to sweep one or two stuff into storage.

So at least those 3 rooms will be darkened. And it's a shame because 1. It looks so nice with light. 2. It's living room, and with the bedroom, those are the basic essential requirements for "life". Dups spend all days running across dark caves and tunnels, they should be able to find light into staple rooms, whether you care about the 15% bonus or not.

Edited by OxCD
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OxCD said:

If it's bath time, it's bath time. Dup will probably wander a little bit more if he has finished his ablutions before the allocated timing end, but he will not use this time wisely to sweep one or two stuff into storag

Bath time: Use the bathroom if your bladder is over 60% (Hope the treshold didn´t change).

If the bladder stat is under 60% duplicants consider bath time as work time.

=> If you reduce the time spend in the bathroom your duplicants will have more additional work time left.

[That´s why it is a good idea to schedule bath time before work time.]

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just my luck. An update that I would like to check out comes out during week when I can't play the game. Why oh why do I have to work for a living. :(

Keep it up Klei, despite my general negativity I do want you to do well.

The only thing I'm not sure of is the pipe change.. speaking of which..

@Saturnus a single pulse on a shutoff should let one packet through. let it rest at the end of pipeline, might need bridge/second shutoff. once the packet reaches single pipe segment after bridge demolish bridge. build next single pipe segment, bridge to it, pulse shutoff again.

if I say the words "immutable temperature regulator pipeline disjointed pipe segments" will I be close to what you are using this for?

10 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Wood Generator audio added

Nice. I was asking me, what had 488,3 MB DL size.
WTF pipe temp sensors missing..

gone.thumb.PNG.b797de087aad33d4119f75c378db624d.PNG
Something with efficiency of aquatuners/radiant pipe transfer changed (to more easy / "better")?
Got instant freezing damage in pipes and AT runs 5% of the time, it was running before patch.
Ohoo now aqatuners could cool them self, when some radiant pipes are from the cooling loop inside the pool of cooling fluid ^^

5d2ed8e16751b_selfcooling.thumb.PNG.5534d130a03d3f46e594afead63cc1a8.PNG

Edited by Oozinator

35 minutes ago, cpy said:

.. I'd avoid playing this at all costs! We need hotfix or something.

lol there are bugs since forever in this precious software pearl.
I have only positive side effects and encountered no other bugs/features then normal, so far.
From the bug report:

Edited by Oozinator
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

lol there are bugs since forever in this precious software pearl.
I have only positive side effects and encountered no other bugs/features then normal, so far.

This bug is a game breaker for most existing saves.  The contents of a radiant pipe cannot be cooled, but a radiant pipe can change them temperature of what is around it.

So a hot radiant pipe flowing into an aetn will heat the aetn up, but not lose any heat in the process.

Like wise a cold radiant pipe will not be heated when going through a hot area.  It will chill it endlessly. 

You can build systems to abuse it, but most existing bases will be borked.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Harlequin80 said:

So a hot radiant pipe flowing into an aetn will heat the aetn up, but not lose any heat in the process.

Like wise a cold radiant pipe will not be heated when going through a hot area.  It will chill it endlessly.

Ah ok, ty to make the bug clear for me
Those cases, i don't use, but i like the cooling side effect, very very much.
The upgraded Borg Cube is back V.4.0 ^^
@Harlequin80
But counts that only for gas pipes?
I can heat with liquid radiant pipes /  liquid they are running through, i see no bug there, like you describe (built in survival), just a sec ago and the content of the pipe gets colder..

pipe.PNG

Edited by Oozinator

7 hours ago, Zone mann said:

Hi, Just want to share some pics of unexpected Water Sieve behavior I'm experiencing.

Loaded up this morning to find pipes braking due to cold dmg from running -2c to -5c through water sieve. Heated pw to fix but it's still cooling that a little. Very odd.

The water sieve will look at temperatures of both the polluted water and sand when calculating the output temperature. If you use sand with a temperature, which is very different from the water, then expect the output temperature to be affected. It's usually not a problem because water has a much higher thermal capacity, but if you go extreme sand temperatures, you can alter the output temperature a degree or two.

• Like 1

BBQ require 1 Pincha peppernut and meat and gives +8 morale. Cooked Fish requires only Pacu Fillet and gives same +8 morale . You nerfs BBQ to hard. MB you add some extra ingridient for Coocked Fish? Bristal Berry for example and call this dish like Juicy Fish?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nakomaru said:

Look at the whole picture. BBQ is an ingredient for even more powerful foods.

As long as BBQ is the only food providing a buff, I will not use at as an ingredient^^

(Beeing able to feed my duplicants some BBQ every 2 cycles, can really help with the colony morale.)

Spoiler

Sure, if I would use the red alert a bit less, there would be no need for stress reduction in the first place^^ [Playing on fatalistic settings]

There are 2 food items which I would prefer if they would had a lower food quality:

- Raw fish      [Raw fish shouldn´t be a higher quality than cooked berries/mushrooms.]

- Cooked fish [Cooked fish shouln´t provide the same food quality as BBQ, which needs 2 different ingredients]

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

There are 2 food items which I would prefer if they would had a lower food quality:

- Raw fish      [Raw fish shouldn´t be a higher quality than cooked berries/mushrooms.]

- Cooked fish [Cooked fish shouln´t provide the same food quality as BBQ, which needs 2 different ingredients]

My thoughts exactly. Food qualities are horribly broken at the moment.

Today we write the July 17th, and I'm seriously doubting that we'll see a launch in July... at least not July this year by the rate it's going at the moment.

There's still literally hundreds of QoL issues that needs fixing before release, and it seems every update in the launch preview is riddled with small and major Oopsies, that I fear will not all be corrected in time.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, cpy said:

I loved that rooms needed light :( Felt like something that is normal to have there.

To be fair, there's nothing stopping us from installing lights in our bedrooms if we enjoy the aesthetic appeal they bring.

• Like 1

Just now, Saturnus said:

Today we write the July 17th, and I'm seriously doubting that we'll see a launch in July...

Well, given that anyone can already play the beta anyway, which is now new changes almost every weekday, there's no pressing for the release date for players that much. Although at times something breaks to a point where the game is not really playable (I wanted to play this evening but seems I won't), most of the time the game is playable. Plus we get to say our opinions on the forums, plus they are heard and addressed (the geysers, the wheat, the lights, yay). I hope that the planned release date is not that pressing for the development team and they can get the game to the state at which they are happy with it.

• Thanks 1