[Game Update] - 352488

1 minute ago, goboking said:

I don't know if it's an oversight (supposed to be removed) or a placeholder (something to be added later), but Sushi is still present in the Consumables menu.

Probably if you had them before it won't disappear. Otherwise, people with many sushi will cry if their food supply suddenly disappears.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, abud said:

Probably if you had them before it won't disappear. Otherwise, people with many sushi will cry if their food supply suddenly disappears.

It's a new save created after the update.  It's also available via the Spawner tool.

3 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

So I made a Metal Refinery only to heat the Pwater a bit and test it... Now the sieve is actually cooling down the water  through sieving. Im confused.

Your sand cooler than your Pwater

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goboking said:

It's all arbitrary though.  A minimum room size is arbitrary.  A decor item/value is also arbitrary.  And yes, requring lights is also arbitrary.

I agree. This is one of the reasons why I've been against hard room requirements from the beginning.

Give requirements that fail gradually as opposed to all at once.

• Like 2

The point is isoresin needs a way to regen without rockets. Either from petroleum, a new critter morph, or turning naptha through a machine or freezing.

If i understand right, you want the benefits of space materials without going to space. If you build 6 rockets whit 2 cargo bay and go to the ice planets you will have more isoresin (whit ice, solid co2, solid methane, solid oxygen) and niobium than reed fiber. I empty all polluted water from my asteroid in my quest for get rid off all the abyssalite from my asteroid for my thimble reed farm. Then i converted all my slime to algae, for polluted water and not enough.

This is for the ice planets. If you go to the 10k planets you will have tones of refined carbon :) 

11 minutes ago, goboking said:

It's a new save created after the update.

I didn't see sushi in my existing colony consumable menu. Didn't see it on a new save too. They only listed food that already discovered, which is the same behavior as before. You sure you didn't make them discover it somehow, via sandbox or debug maybe?

15 minutes ago, goboking said:

It's also available via the Spawner tool.

Yes, but if it removed... wouldn't all existing sushi will disappear?

1 hour ago, DarkMaster13 said:

That might be a separate issue.  I've noticed that dupes don't seem to be delivering the ingredients for the last order when you queue up a large one on several different buildings.  Others seem to work just fine though.

I remember this happen from the very beginning of the test branch.

4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fluids/Gasses in dead-end pipes will flow towards a destination

moved Schedule from the clock to the menu bar

New foods added and updated (Pacu Fillet, Surf n Turf, Grilled Pacu, Mushroom Wrap, Spicy Tofu and Frost Burger)

bringing up the rates of some of the Gas Vents

I love all the updates! :D

totally not a fan of forcing us to 'grow' wheezeworts, outside of plant pots and using phosphorite, especially because it gives no seed and the amount of water and phosphorite youve been asking for plants is not sustainable in large amounts.

havnt you heard of overwatering?

Edited by geniusthemaster

totally not a fan of forcing us to 'grow' wheezeworts, outside of plant pots and using phosphorite, especially because it gives no seed and the amount of water and phosphorite youve been asking for plants is not sustainable in large amounts.

havnt you heard of overwatering?

Dreckos farm whit balm lilies and you will have plenty of phosporite. The only problem is what to do whit all the balm lilies flowers. That isn't compostible yet so you will have more then you can deal whit. 

29 minutes ago, Ehmaijeks said:

Heat exchange from piping (both gas and liquid) seems to be acting odd, a lot of rapid fluctuations. My cooling chamber is heating up much faster when it had been running great for a few hundred cycles.

New bugs for us and a new easy way to abuse it. 

This might be a nightmare. But you can use it to your adventage and build EATNs wherever you want and much efficient.

Thermo regulator\aquatuner.

Loop it untill cold enough.

Dissable the bulding.

Profit. The coolant will never heat up, but chill the surrounding.

Sweet, I very much like balancing patches and of course I am hoping for it to not be the last since even if this marks the last spurt, it'd be a shame now if we reach the finish line too quickly, as in falling over it and hurting ourselves, in a race even which is no competition, or has other competitors for that matter~

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Showers, bathrooms, sinks, all recreation buildings, grills etc etc are apparently "machines" and the task involved gets completed 15% faster if in light.

Great news. 2 percent was a joke. Now lights have a purpose in many areas yet aren't required, and are not just a checkbox.

Edited by nakomaru
  • Like 2

I actually liked the light requirement for rooms and I'm surprised they reversed it. I feel like lights have reverted back to vestigial and useless state outside of growing bristleblossoms. The bonus 15% to machines is kind of nice but not something I'm going to seek out or even would have noticed if not for reading these patch notes.

They're mostly decor items so their use in creating rooms made perfect sense to me.

• Like 1

Hi, Just want to share some pics of unexpected Water Sieve behavior I'm experiencing.

Loaded up this morning to find pipes braking due to cold dmg from running -2c to -5c through water sieve. Heated pw to fix but it's still cooling that a little. Very odd.

20190717122149_1.jpg

20190717131259_1.jpg

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

"Join" intersections for conduits (where more than one pipe tries adding to the intersection) will now merge similar elements if possible, resulting in much better throughput.

This still doesn't work for other outputs, by the way.

For instance, if you have a gas reservoir with CO2 in it and you run partial packets of CO2 over the output, it'll never empty.

34 minutes ago, Soylent said:

Seems to be an issue with radiant pipes? Oxygen going through a sub zero biome is no longer getting cooled at all

Just tested it:

I have a metal refinery running with just some radiant pipes looping the coolant around till it is cold enough to be used again.

(Playing on rime it should take a long time till I have to worry about heat.)

I use crude oil below 100°C as coolant and the sourounding is <50°C [Some parts even below -30°C].

=> Coolant looping through my room should cooldown over time, but instead heats up.

Spoiler

I noticed it when my refinery stopped working since the coolant was never reaching the desired temperature for my valve to open.